Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We settled that back in 1865.
    Though I'd still like to see them go.

Actually 1931, when the anthem was adopted. I support changing it to "America the Beautiful."

I think he was referring to California.

My opinion that the Star Spangled Banner is an unsuitable anthem for manifold reasons is well known and need not be repeated.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    There's a lot of directions I would like to go with this. Most of them would get me labeled with the overused descriptor of the moment.

Instead of playing this for laughs, I'll add something non-anthem that is worth watching.

[video=youtube;TRUjr8EVgBg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRUjr8EVgBg[/video]
    Good try my friend.The black theologists have determined that black people have not lived in "Alabaster cities" gleeming"undimmed by human tears." They say Black America has never lived undimmed by human tears.https://www.commonwealmagazine.org/black-theology-america-beautiful .Ray changed some words around.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Whyizzit we don't have an NAAWP? National Association for the Advancement of White People? Interesting, ain't it? You read these pages and you can see that all white people don't view other white people as brothers in arms. Sure, if push came to shove, basic liberties would be defended...but they would be defended for any race or ethnic group probably just as diligently. Doesn't mean we are going to like that other white boy just because he's white.

So, to expect white boys like me to admire your National Association of Gay Asian Long Haul Truck Drivers, or American Society of One-Armed Latino Paperhangers, is probably a mistake. I personally won't give you the time of day and won't listen to your grievances, even though some of them might be legitimate.

When you say you represent all of the X's in America, and many of those X's are low-lifes, drug dealing, murdering gang members, etc., I can't respect you for that association/affiliation. And I can't respect that "group", even though you may be an upstanding righteous individual.

Somehow I think we lose sight of that.

A simple question, as a response. Before the Jackie Robinson made it to the big leagues, why wasn't Major League Baseball called Major League White Baseball? Please just answer that question first, before going into a contemporary narrative.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What the heck is "black theology"? :dunno:

I'm not sure if the NAACP calling for a change is helping.

If the country reacts the same way as INGO, then people will oppose it simple because the NAACP supports it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What the heck is "black theology"? :dunno:

I'm not sure if the NAACP calling for a change is helping.

If the country reacts the same way as INGO, then people will oppose it simple because the NAACP supports it.

I wish I could help, I'm black, and I don't even know what that is, lol.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    My vote. Not that we need to change anything...but I remember yelling at some kids that were playing grabass during this song at a NASCAR race.

[video=youtube_share;Apo7B3S8Es8]http://youtu.be/Apo7B3S8Es8[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My vote. Not that we need to change anything...but I remember yelling at some kids that were playing grabass during this song at a NASCAR race.

That will work at a NASCAR race, but definitely not an Formula One podium ceremony.

Top Bottom