• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    CARPET ??? My house & all my rental homes are tile, except one home that has WOOD floors. TILE floor will last a good long time, easy to clean, & keep bacteria free

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Rainbow, is that one of those MLM pyramids? I got prospected for a thing that filtered air through water some years back, including use as a vacuum. In retrospect I realize it was a pyramid. The product looked pretty righteous, but I just don't sell stuff.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I personally don't know much about them. Except, my grandmother had one that we moved out her house that was 45 years old. Looked the same as the ones they sell today and still worked like a champ!

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Not sure about you guys but all my life I just wanted one that sucked. Sucked good. Sucked for a long time. Sucked because it liked it. And when it was done sucking you couldn't find any evidence that it had been sucking.

Is that too much to expect? :dunno:

Is that too much to hope for? :dunno:

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    My advice, skip the Kirby. There are equal units for much less money. They are an overpriced item sold by using high pressure sales tactics.

I have a Dyson Animal, purple ball. It kept up with two Golden Retrievers with no problems and has no trouble at all keeping up with the one that lets me live here. :D

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I would have told them to get the hell out. I hate that crap. And when I come home from work? Yeah I would make their day end badly because I don't take no crap after work. Maybe before work but after work I aint gettin paid to take crap any more so no more crap!!! lol rant off.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    We just bought a Dyson DC25 Animal and I can't rave about it enough. I swept using our old sweeper and then followed it up right away with the new one and had an entire canister full of nasty dog hair that our old sweeper was missing.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If you've got to let a vacuum salesman in let the Rainbow guys in. Those machines actually work really well and filter the air through water. My dad bought one about 20 years ago and it's still going strong. I buy the cheap Eurekas and just replace them every few years. They're disposable as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, my mom still uses the one she bought in 1992 or '93. The carpet/rug attachment doesn't work anymore, but she has all hardwoods so it's a moot point. The only thing I don't like is the insane amount of set-up and put-away.

I have the yellow dyson. My only complaint is that for a machine that expensive, you'd think they'd be able to design it so that it can get closer to walls. There's an inch+ of space that requires the crevice attachment. :thumbsdown: Otherwise, phenomenal vacuum cleaner.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Been using the Dyson here as well for a couple of years now. Works really well, have no complaints. Just make sure you open it up and clean the filters every now and again :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I guess I better start looking for a Dyson. Maybe it will be an anniversary present. :laugh:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have both. My ex bought a Kirby while we were married. I bought a Dyson Animal Ball after marrying my current wife. The Kirby sits in the basement rotting. The Dyson is great.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I would have told them to get the hell out. I hate that crap. And when I come home from work? Yeah I would make their day end badly because I don't take no crap after work. Maybe before work but after work I aint gettin paid to take crap any more so no more crap!!! lol rant off.
    LOL. When I was younger and nicer than I am now, I let an encyclopedia salesman in, since nobody had internet back then, and i had a young daughter who could benefit. My husband came in and immediately copped an attitude, walked around noisily and rudely, popped open a beer, etc. I was somewhat embarassed, but it was kinda funny.

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    We've had a dyson for 4 or 5 years now, no complaints at all. Just clean the filters a couple times a year and your good to go.

Top Bottom