• bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    yes, seriously.

I don't see what you're disagreeing with...:dunno:

You are both saying basically the same thing.

The definition of "right" seems to be a major hang-up on INGO. I understand that some things are "inalienable rights"... but it goes a little overboard sometimes. It is my opinion, this is one of those time.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    You are both saying basically the same thing.

The definition of "right" seems to be a major hang-up on INGO. I understand that some things are "inalienable rights"... but it goes a little overboard sometimes. It is my opinion, this is one of those time.

Sort of.

A landowner can "restrict firearms possession on their property" but...

Let's say a person with a concealed firearm was on someone's property. If that person was initially "allowed" onto the property the landowner couldn't call the cops to arrest the person for criminal tresspassing without FIRST asking the person to leave. I doubt that could happen even if there was sign at the entrance to the property stating "no guns". Without giving specific notice that they (or everybody - using the generic "no tresspassing" sign) weren't allowed there, at least.

Would it be "bad form" to carry there in opposition to the desires of the landowner (made known only in the form of a sign)? Absolutely. Would it be "illegal"? I don't think so.

As Gunlawyer had said in a thread a while back, there are forms of a sign that COULD be construed as "notice" where firearms are concerned but the generic "no guns" sign doesn't meet those criteria.

It certainly doesn't rise to the level of using deadly force on the "offender".

Also the above could be the case for ANY item a landowner wants to keep off the property. Just because it's a gun doesn't give some preferred exception to the tresspassing laws. If you had a sign that said "no bananas" & the person brought a banana onto your property it doesn't mean that they would be automatically arrested for trespassing &/or you could use deadly force to prevent them from entering.

INDYFAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Fishers
    I think we have entered an area which might be interesting to explore from a different view.

It has been mentioned that an act is legal until there is a law ENACTED (not just talked about) making it illegal. That is the thrust of the entire Constitution of the United States. All rights are God-given. The Constitution spells out what rights the government may control by enacting laws. Obviously, there has been much effort over the last 200 years to erode the Constitution. Some of those efforts have been successful - sadly.

If we allow the Sociofacists now in charge in Washington to have their way, the concept will be "all acts are illegal except what the government allows to be legal"

I really don't think we would like that way of life. How about you?

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    IANAL.

I am not aware of any such restriction.

IMO - of all places it is smart to carry it would be places where you hold and withdraw large amounts of cash.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    FWIW....I've OC on many occasions in the Fifth Third bank in downtown South Bend and have never had a problem. In fact a couple of the tellers have told me they wish they were able to be armed as well.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom