• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    and u show up and they have a dozen friends to meet u.

You dont go alone and I doubt they have that many friends willing to stand in for nothing. That aint much money in the real.

Doing this on your own is not for the weak of heart. Nor is it a really good idea. And even worse to discuss in the open forum on the interwebs.

Cell LEO and see whats up. Take it from there as you have to. Let the insurance provider know whats up. Or don't. Your call.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Interesting Because I've seen cops say here on ingo that the GPS ping off a stolen item isn't enough for a search of property. The police aren't consistent it seems. Not just with this but with other things to. I guess some of it depends on which cop you get and how bad he wants to help you

Enough for a search or enough for a warrant? Different things.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Enough for a search or enough for a warrant? Different things.

I think it was mentioned as a search way back when. I don't think a warrant was discussed. Of coarse in docs friends case the item was visible so that's probably a lot different.
    I do understand that your guys hands are.tied sometimes. It's just frustrating too when sometimes it's just a cop that doesn't wanna do any paperwork. Seen those kind

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    a-team_1.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think it was mentioned as a search way back when. I don't think a warrant was discussed. Of coarse in docs friends case the item was visible so that's probably a lot different.
    I do understand that your guys hands are.tied sometimes. It's just frustrating too when sometimes it's just a cop that doesn't wanna do any paperwork. Seen those kind

It's lead information only. I can ask if you'll let me search cuts consent, but at least locally, not enough for a warrant absent corroborating evidence.

Edit: an example of corroborating evidence would be multiple gps signals from stolen construction equipment all showing the same warehouse.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    All I will say is IMPD went above and beyond to try to help resolve this. They got to arrest some people on warrants and new charges, found a bunch of stolen phones (none that were mine), needles, etc.

I want to thank whoever it was that watched over this. Thanks for your help. Keep up the good fight and never give up against these bastages. I got a feeling I have not heard the last from them. I need eyes in the back of my head.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    All I will say is IMPD went above and beyond to try to help resolve this. They got to arrest some people on warrants and new charges, found a bunch of stolen phones (none that were mine), needles, etc.

I want to thank whoever it was that watched over this. Thanks for your help. Keep up the good fight and never give up against these bastages. I got a feeling I have not heard the last from them. I need eyes in the back of my head.

Glad you at least got some degree of satisfaction out of the scum.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Makes you wish there was a self destruct app for phones. Enter a code and the phone bursts into flames in the thieves pocket.

It can't be that hard, some do that NOW without the app.

Reminds me of the youtube videos of bait phones where they shock people. There was even one where the had a bait bike that they heated the seat so hot it caught the guy's pants on fire. Funny stuff, but I'm surprised they don't get in trouble.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Does no one lock their phone when out and about? Auto upload their generated data to the cloud? Have insurance to cover the loss?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Does no one lock their phone when out and about? Auto upload their generated data to the cloud? Have insurance to cover the loss?

Mine was all of the above, and stolen. Last ping was in the Twin Aire area, I shut the phone down and considered it a loss. Deductibles on phones now are upwards of $150+.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Mine was all of the above, and stolen. Last ping was in the Twin Aire area, I shut the phone down and considered it a loss. Deductibles on phones now are upwards of $150+.

That's good information MrsG. I need to check my deductible. How did your phone get stolen?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

My phones are I6+'s and man they cost a lot more than the deductible especially if you buy them on your program.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Phone was locked. GPS was turned off. Insurance deductible is $200 so I have never had it since I found that out the hard way couple years ago....

Wow, wonder if $150-200 is the best possible on deductibles? I have to check mine, my phone is on my biz inland marine policy.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I notice when I'm out that many folks treat their high dollar contraptions nonchalantly. Laying them down here and there like they were a bottle of water or something.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think ours eventually goes down to basicly no deductible once you don't file a claim for so long. Knock on wood I never have

The kid at the cell store told us that he reports his lost right before he gets a new phone so,he has a new one to sell and alsso the old one. I'm like, that's insurance fraud and we won't be doing that. People just let you down

Top Bottom