• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Really though, is there anything wrong with people just using the forum to buy, and sell? it generates opportunities for all members, and if after awhile they dont move product they just fade away. Do you really want to force people to post more, if they dont have anything good to contribute?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

That's how this place would turn into armslist. It would be a downhill spiral from there.

I fully agree with what JK said above as well. There is nothing wrong with your participation or posts. You aren't what were talking about. The first hint at that is you are here in this thread participating and giving opinions.

Let me send you a PM with an example to check out. I really don't want to post it here in the open forum (not that the person would ever venture out and see it anyway).

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Really though, is there anything wrong with people just using the forum to buy, and sell? it generates opportunities for all members, and if after awhile they dont move product they just fade away. Do you really want to force people to post more, if they dont have anything good to contribute?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Because we wouldn't have meet and eats, meet and shoots, or in the northwest corner of the state our annual youth shoot where we show families safety and offer the chance to shoot firearms in a safe environment. We also wouldn't have secret Santa, or the site supporter giveaways.

There's more to this site than the classifieds.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Personally, I think the site has been running quite well for many years, thank you.

No matter which changes are (possibly) made, there are still going to be some folks that are annoyed by other folks. It is just the way of the world...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Personally, I think the site has been running quite well for many years, thank you.

No matter which changes are (possibly) made, there are still going to be some folks that are annoyed by other folks. It is just the way of the world...
    What's that supposed to mean? :xmad:

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    Because we wouldn't have meet and eats, meet and shoots, or in the northwest corner of the state our annual youth shoot where we show families safety and offer the chance to shoot firearms in a safe environment. We also wouldn't have secret Santa, or the site supporter giveaways.

There's more to this site than the classifieds.

Ok, well compared to some of the rest, I am still kinda new around here, so let me get this straight, as I am confused now, please feel free to enlighten me. As Forest Gump said, "I am not a smart man".

IF you and I wanted to get together for "cheeseburgers" or wanted to meet up and shoot our guns together at some specified location, ..... or any of the other things that you quoted, we COULD NOT do that IF two other people wanted to connect/hook up/meet/mutually agree upon ... or whatever only because they don't meet someone else's quota?? OK, now I am confused upon this reasoning.

FWIW; INGO classy's mean absolutely nothing to me. You will NEVER find me there. Track my IP, whatever, I won't be there. /

Feel free.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok, well compared to some of the rest, I am still kinda new around here, so let me get this straight, as I am confused now, please feel free to enlighten me. As Forest Gump said, "I am not a smart man".

IF you and I wanted to get together for "cheeseburgers" or wanted to meet up and shoot our guns together at some specified location, ..... or any of the other things that you quoted, we COULD NOT do that IF two other people wanted to connect/hook up/meet/mutually agree upon ... or whatever only because they don't meet someone else's quota?? OK, now I am confused upon this reasoning.

FWIW; INGO classy's mean absolutely nothing to me. You will NEVER find me there. Track my IP, whatever, I won't be there. /

Feel free.

I think you missed his point. Ingo is so much more than just a classifieds. Not meaning to step in front and sound off.
    We set up Cheeseburger summits all the time. Set up shooting events all the time. It is up to the event organizers who attends unless it is open to the forum.
    I personally do 4 or 6 shoot/eats a year. But ll those invited are known to all of us. No new faces unless the group is let know.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I think you missed his point. Ingo is so much more than just a classifieds. Not meaning to step in front and sound off.
    We set up Cheeseburger summits all the time. Set up shooting events all the time. It is up to the event organizers who attends unless it is open to the forum.
    I personally do 4 or 6 shoot/eats a year. But ll those invited are known to all of us. No new faces unless the group is let know.

^^^^
    He got it.

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    ^^^^
    He got it.

Please, am not posting this with mean intent.

Ummmm..... NO I don't think I "got it".

You made a statement, and I retorted, trying to lay it out my query in simple to understand, (IMO), terminology.

So... let me try again. You say; A+B cannot = C IF X+Y are trying to = Z.

Ummm.... yea I DON'T GET IT.

But hey... It's OK, we all have opinions. Ooops, sorry didn't mean it.

And again. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS! Haven't been there since Jan of 2016.

I DO NOT CARE WHAT THE MINIMUM POST COUNT IS TO BE ABLE TO whatever in the classifieds, make it whatever you want.

BUT; if you make a statement that "the sky will fall", ... show me, all I'm asking. Please.

My beginning here? Not ashamed; https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...214-must-have-been-liberal-ideal-comment.html

I'ma go eat supper now, good luck.

YMMV

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry Mouse, there is no winner in this thread, it's like a flapper that won't fall shut.

Sorry, just expressing my feelz.

Brother you need to get smile on. Seriously.

I was involved in the thread you linked. You are the one missing the point being made but hey, some folks just love to argue for the mere sake of disagreeing.....:):

Carry on.

And with this idiotic ending I will close this thread.

In closing I will say that the site runs as well as it does because we moderate it inside the guidelines the site owner lays down. Thats the deal. That will always be the deal.

Moan/groan/cry/complain to no end but that will be the deal.

I always enjoy non-site supporters telling us how to run the site. Y'all have a nice one ya-hear.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom