Not open for further replies.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I just boosted my posts by including a picture like this....
    rOOSyuo.jpg

Looks like a Quality Post to me

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The only things I bought in the classys was through word of mouth anyway, wasn't looking for them. I'm only here to lower my IQ.

Last edited:

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    As websites like armslist and hoosiertopices continue to get worse and worse, I think we are starting to get influx of 50. This happened a lot after facebook started to prohibit the sales of firearms. Hoosiertopics is often just a bunch of nonsense and if I had a dollar for every ad and click bait "news article" on Armslist I could retire. I have had several contacts from "members" with only 50-60 posts that are barely legible that have a 18-19 join date. I am very curious at actually how many new "members" joined since facebook cracked down in mid 2017. I use the word "members" with reservations because they aren't here for the community. They're here for the classifieds. Maybe bump up the minimum posts to 100-150? It doesn't take that long if you actually enjoy discussing firearms and or 2A politics.
    To answer your question, I am a new member that has never had a Facebook account and don't plan on having one. I regret not joining back in 08 or 09 when I first started reading this forum. I joined and became a site supporter because I thought it was the right thing to do. I have goneto the classified sections a couple of times just to see what is there. Since joining I haven't made any attempt to buy or sell anything.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I read for about 2 years before joining. I enjoyed reading without any forced participation. Let's be honest, this is largely a black gun site, and that's ok, but precision shooters, avid duck hunters, etc are largely left out or go to other sites that are more in their wheelhouse.

So the avid reader who doesn't feel like he can contribute beyond the vast knowledge of other posters is left out. Again, that's ok, until someone here wants to sell that old model 37, 541, H&R 12, that doesn't interest the black gun guys. And then the seller gets punished because the buyer doesn't have enough posts.

For those guys, they're forced to make "quality" posts like "I'm interested in learning more, can you go into detail". This has to be done in advance, to cover your butt in case you stumble upon something in the ads that you want to buy.

I've never bought or sold anything on this site. Leave the 50 post rule alone. Please.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Ok, let us look at this from another perspective. How about a limit on how many buy/sell/trade threads a member can do a month, with an increase for site supporters? With an additional limit on open buy/sell/trade threads. If we are truly worried about some just being here for the classified.......

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Wait....am I the only person who realizes the micro aggression and the discrimination about illiterate people trying to exercise their 2nd amendment rights

I am O-ficcially triggered

sorry......long day......had to :):

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I know “the race to 50” is not ever comming back but this thread makes me miss that, for a while as CM indicated the runners were just getting ridiculous

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    Here's an idea, limit the bumps. Prices on the classys are laughable, evidently people dont get the idea nobody is interested in their run of the mill shooter at msrp after 2000 views...

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    I'm still new, I made it to 50 without running or spamming. I'll admit I wanted to buy some local stuff (not firearms) but couldn't due to post count. I wanted to give away stuff but couldn't (in the appropriate place) because of post count. I'm not griping so please relax (just facts). The stuff I wanted lingered and either sold or disappeared and I'm fine with that. I think 50 post count is ok but lets be honest...nobody is really a forum member until that 50 post count time. I will also say (as a new guy) even I can spot runners.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I lurked around and read everything for years before I finally joined up. It took a while for me to reach the magic 50 count because I generally only post when I am interested in something or I have actual knowledge about something (which isn't too often). I've used the classifieds a couple of times but it isn't a deal killer for me if there is or isn't a classified section here. I'm here mostly to read/learn and sometimes join in the conversation.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I think he mean "elsewhere" as in other sections of INGO.

In other words, the guys that hit 50 in ten days back 2014 then have nothing but 40 WTS since then.

Pftt, those are amateur numbers...that hardly blips the radar. How bout the one who's been here 8 years with barely 120 posts and almost 1100 classified posts. There are many like that, dealers that "aren't dealers". It's a flat out business for some people.

doubleeagle4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    East Central
    I am kind of in the boat where I am struggling to get my post count up because of a few reasons:

-I am new with a very low post count, so what do I know about firearms?

-I enjoy reading many of these posts and don't really have much to add to a majority of the conversations.

-I don't have any pictures to add to the "Women Posing for Pictures with Guns" section...I guess I could always use Google :)

But in all honesty, I think it's kind of overwhelming for a lot of newer members here because I am trying to have conversations with people that have 10k posts and probably forget what it's like to me in my shoes. Regardless, I have enjoyed this website so far and hope that I can stick around.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I am kind of in the boat where I am struggling to get my post count up because of a few reasons:

-I am new with a very low post count, so what do I know about firearms?

-I enjoy reading many of these posts and don't really have much to add to a majority of the conversations.

-I don't have any pictures to add to the "Women Posing for Pictures with Guns" section...I guess I could always use Google :)

But in all honesty, I think it's kind of overwhelming for a lot of newer members here because I am trying to have conversations with people that have 10k posts and probably forget what it's like to me in my shoes. Regardless, I have enjoyed this website so far and hope that I can stick around.

Welcome, and don't be overwhelmed. Also realize that there is no positive correlation between post count and firearm knowledge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom