Not open for further replies.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I am kind of in the boat where I am struggling to get my post count up because of a few reasons:

-I am new with a very low post count, so what do I know about firearms?

-I enjoy reading many of these posts and don't really have much to add to a majority of the conversations.

-I don't have any pictures to add to the "Women Posing for Pictures with Guns" section...I guess I could always use Google :)

But in all honesty, I think it's kind of overwhelming for a lot of newer members here because I am trying to have conversations with people that have 10k posts and probably forget what it's like to me in my shoes. Regardless, I have enjoyed this website so far and hope that I can stick around.

Don't search Google. Women love to pose with guns if you ask them.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Let's make it a million posts!

God forbid someone wants to pay retail + for that rare glock 19.

SMFH

Stop trying to make rules for a site half of you don't even support.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I am kind of in the boat where I am struggling to get my post count up because of a few reasons:

-I enjoy reading many of these posts and don't really have much to add to a majority of the conversations.

-I don't have any pictures to add to the "Women Posing for Pictures with Guns" section...I guess I could always use Google :)

But in all honesty, I think it's kind of overwhelming for a lot of newer members here because I am trying to have conversations with people that have 10k posts and probably forget what it's like to me in my shoes. Regardless, I have enjoyed this website so far and hope that I can stick around.

Since I probably didn't say it elsewhere: Welcome to :ingo:

Welcome, and don't be overwhelmed. Also realize that there is no positive correlation between post count and firearm knowledge.

^^^What this guy said^^^

There are some very knowledgeable people that actually only rarely drop in to post on INGO. I am fortunate to know a few of them IRL and also on other forums.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Welcome, and don't be overwhelmed. Also realize that there is no positive correlation between post count and firearm knowledge.

That would mean Churchmouse knows everything about every firearm ever made. Every 1911? Maybe :laugh:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Women love to pose with guns if you ask them.

It's true!

And they also like posing with nice cars, trucks, airplanes, guitars, surfboards, etc. It's always a good idea to ask women to pose with cool stuff :cool: or just pose :naughty:

Examples shamelessly stolen from Google.

th

th

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I doubt most people are looking at post count when they reply to someone's post. It is what you say in those posts that will stick with people as time goes on. As you show you are knowledgeable about something, people will be able to see that whether there is a 40 under your name or a 40,000.

Unless you are wanting to PM or get into the classifieds, your post count is pretty much meaningless.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There are some very knowledgeable people that actually only rarely drop in to post on INGO. I am fortunate to know a few of them IRL and also on other forums.
    I know that is very true. There is one guy that doesn't post much here and when he does it seems like no one pays much attention because of our other "experts" on the subject but from his posts there, he is very knowledgeable.

45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    Please don't increase the post number. I came here a lot but I just don't sign in. I have been a member here for about 2 years I just have not posted. It would really hurt people like myself.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Please don't increase the post number. I came here a lot but I just don't sign in. I have been a member here for about 2 years I just have not posted. It would really hurt people like myself.

You will not see any changes in this rule. It is pretty much a staple. The hurdle we all had to clear unless you drop the coin for the support banner.
    I have dealt with a few 50 post supporters. It is easy enough to figure them out if you put any effort into. If you are just charging ahead to unload something have at it.
    I would like to see a few more who complain step up and drop the coin for the banner. Show us you care.
    If you are a grumbler with 20 excuses then keep the $20. I really do not want to hear it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom