Can you polish an idiot mark out of a SS 1911 slide?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    If my involvement/comments in this thread has offended anyone else please let me know. In a civil manner and we can discuss them.

Having read through the thread, I find it puzzling that anyone would be offended.

I appreciate CM's patience and the expertise he brings regarding the 1911 platform, among other things. I also appreciate those who will step up to be mods, putting themselves out there and taking the time and effort to keep this a quality forum.

We can all learn from each other, if we stop and listen.

DONB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I sit back and watch and listen,but reading through this thread I would side with hps on this one.
    Rules were broken by you CM (bashing the guys gun). Looks as hps has been sidelined for speaking his mind and telling you that was wrong for doing so. Donb

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I sit back and watch and listen,but reading through this thread I would side with hps on this one.
    Rules were broken by you CM (bashing the guys gun). Looks as hps has been sidelined for speaking his mind and telling you that was wrong for doing so. Donb

Really. Do you have any idea what ll is involved with this member. No you do not. He was asked to stand down and as always had to have the last word.
    I did not bash the mans gun. It is cross posted here and elsewhere and I meant him no harm. As much as said so. Questions were asked. And answered.
    Did you see the interest it stirred up. Pm's from people possibly wanting to buy it that would have never bought from the scratch and dent aisle. People offered solutions. Positives all around.

I respect your opinion. Thanks for sharing. You do need more info on this. Just saying.

Be well.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

I thought it was beat up looking. 4 different idiot marks if you look close, not sure how the 2 smaller ones farther left were made, plus a scratch on the left past the idiot marks.

Speaking honestly should not break any rules and should not be confused with being mean spirited.

Just my opinion.

DONB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I seen the pictures, it sparked my interest.
    I canÂ’t say if the gun was beat up or not. I would never bash somebodies item he was trying to sell.
    But IÂ’m not a moderator. I guess some things would be better off left unsaid.
    Just call it like I see it.
    Im done.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I seen the pictures, it sparked my interest.
    I canÂ’t say if the gun was beat up or not. I would never bash somebodies item he was trying to sell.
    But IÂ’m not a moderator. I guess some things would be better off left unsaid.
    Just call it like I see it.
    Im done.

Me being a Mod had nothing to do with offering an opinion on a gun that I am very very familiar with the platform.
    I see your point but my being staff had zip to do with it. HPS made his point and kept hitting that same nail getting more and more into the thing. He was asked a few times to settle down even knowing full well he had crossed the line in his comments and staying on this. He has a history of doing this but like I mentioned and it is all to common, if you do not see everything from my chair it is hard to have a good over view of why thing develop.

Before I was a Mod I spoke my mind. I was asked more than once to stand down. Guess what I did. I stood down.

Again, I do respect your opinion.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It'll polish right out...

zGLy8MO.jpg

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My daughter just picked this up from Meijer for me. I'd hate to not be able to fix this. It cost her 59 cents.

Can I polish out this idiot mark from my SS spork or is it junk?

:(
    735d6cea9ed5f8e5419fe6d9b1e0d331.jpg

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

Top Bottom