Can you share photos of the wear on your polymer frame after heavy use?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Ok here is the piece of plastic Indykid is referring to. There is nothing missing... the area in read is not present on a CM9 frame

wulu.jpg

Here is a picture borrowed from Taurusarmed.net
    http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/other-handguns/53173-kahr-cm9-range-report.html
    IMG_0547.jpg

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Nice link to an interesting discussion on the CM9 as well as Kahr. They pretty much validate what I said about Kahr having a great customer service dept.

Also interesting how many differences there are in two pistols that are supposed to be so similar!

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Two of my friends have Kahrs, one has a PM45 and the other a PM9, both of the their forward right side frame rails looked like a dog had been chewing on them. Both literally had chunks of the polymer missing. They both sent pictures of the damage to Kahr and Kahr had the one PM45 sent back to them and I believe they replaced the frame, the PM9, Kahr told the owner that it wouldn't cause any structure integrity issues so refused to fix it for him. After seeing two different friends having issues on two different Kahrs I decided a Kahr firearm was not in my future. I hope you have better luck in getting yours fixed.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Two of my friends have Kahrs, one has a PM45 and the other a PM9, both of the their forward right side frame rails looked like a dog had been chewing on them. Both literally had chunks of the polymer missing. They both sent pictures of the damage to Kahr and Kahr had the one PM45 sent back to them and I believe they replaced the frame, the PM9, Kahr told the owner that it wouldn't cause any structure integrity issues so refused to fix it for him. After seeing two different friends having issues on two different Kahrs I decided a Kahr firearm was not in my future. I hope you have better luck in getting yours fixed.

Well hell. I'm hoping they were from a bad batch or something. There is a member over on KahrTalk with 32,000+ rounds through his PM9. Others have displayed photos of theirs with lots of rounds, and no wear like I have experienced or as you have explained. It's a bit worrisome.

If I get the Kahr replaced, I'll certainly give them a chance and will continue to use it. If I feel like the replacement (If they're willing to give me one) is not up to par then I'll probably sell it or keep a hold of it and get something else as a carry recruit.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Well hell. I'm hoping they were from a bad batch or something. There is a member over on KahrTalk with 32,000+ rounds through his PM9. Others have displayed photos of theirs with lots of rounds, and no wear like I have experienced or as you have explained. It's a bit worrisome.

If I get the Kahr replaced, I'll certainly give them a chance and will continue to use it. If I feel like the replacement (If they're willing to give me one) is not up to par then I'll probably sell it or keep a hold of it and get something else as a carry recruit.

:popcorn:

Pay.......A-ttention........

G L O C K . . .

:):.......ANY.......of'em..........:):

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    0219142351a_zpsf7ccaee6.jpg

0219142351_zps5e2b8ea2.jpg

I have 2 CM9s. 300-400 rounds each. I don't know if the wear is an issue or not. I was concerned at first, but they don't seem to be getting any worse. If I wear them out, I'm not sure what I will replace them with. Maybe P938s. I doubt it will be Glocks. But for now I still really like them, and almost always have one of them with me. Sorry, but I guess my pictures kinda suck.

I
    0220140020_0001_zps4f00a289.jpg

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Haha. I'd be down for the G26, but would really prefer a slim single stack 9mm for carry. Guess I can wait a couple years for the new Glock .380 sales to slow down so Glock will introduce the slim 9mm we're all wanting.

:yesway:.....They RUN, dude.......ser'ously......:):......took me looonnnnng time,ta finally wrap my brain 'round 1 these things......but I would'n look back now....If I....was gonna 'singlestack' a Glock......it'd be the 36......:yesway:

HOPE.......they do ya rite on yer gun......:yesway:

( An' I WILL have 1 them (36)......long with a nuther '29 , eventually......)

Last edited:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Haha. I'd be down for the G26, but would really prefer a slim single stack 9mm for carry. Guess I can wait a couple years for the new Glock .380 sales to slow down so Glock will introduce the slim 9mm we're all wanting.
    If you want a single stack 9mm then all I can say is Walther PPS.

ru6797

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    Niles
    I have been thinking on getting one now I don't know, it doesn't look like any steel rails in it like a glock or others, the PD i worked at issued us glock 22's and for 10 years I shot it all the time( ammo was free) and when they replaced them with glock 21's we had a choice to buy our issued ones and I did and after all that shooting you cannot tell any wear on it, I'd send that back and go with something else

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    If I would have read this thread prior to purchase, I would have looked elsewhere as well...but I did not and own 2. Until I have real trouble with them, I will continue to use/carry them. I think they are a very nice little pistol. If Glock ever makes a 9mm as small as the CM9, I will take a look at it. I normally would choose function over looks, but I don't think I could bring myself to purchase a Walther PPS. That is one ugly pistol. It makes a Glock look pretty.:laugh:

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    If you want a single stack 9mm then all I can say is Walther PPS.

I LOVE the idea of the PPS. I HATE the fact that the little plastic tabs on the backstrap system can lock up the gun if they get futzed. Won't have any gun that has a similar lock - ie, Ruger non-1911 autos, S&W lock revolvers, Mass and Ca compliant autos, etc.

Why take the chance on a failure point that's DESIGNED to keep the gun from functioning on a defensive piece?

Or am I missing something?

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    If I would have read this thread prior to purchase, I would have looked elsewhere as well...but I did not and own 2. Until I have real trouble with them, I will continue to use/carry them. I think they are a very nice little pistol. If Glock ever makes a 9mm as small as the CM9, I will take a look at it. I normally would choose function over looks, but I don't think I could bring myself to purchase a Walther PPS. That is one ugly pistol. It makes a Glock look pretty.:laugh:

:):......It'a fugly sunvab**h.......LOL.....:):......only good-look'n Wather......is a PPK......an' if ya buy a Bersa, basic'lly got the PPK.....fer 1/2 the $$......

Top Bottom