• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Having some Frank's Buffalo dip tonight.

Two 10oz canned chicken

1/2 cup shredded cheese

1/2 cup Frank's Buffalo sauce

1/2 cup hidden valley ranch

8oz Philly cream cheese

Put all in bowl and hit with blender, (extra points for throwing 5 dabs of Louisiana hot sauce in), put in glass casserole dish, top with a little shredded cheese, cook untill cheese is golden brown (20min.), serve with scoops tortilla chips.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    growing up i never ate spicy foods, it's kinda odd as my mom is Thai. 5 years ago she opened a thai restaurant, and i'm learning i missed so much by not trying it growing up. She always grew her own peppers wherever the air force sent us. now i'm glad she did, as i'm able to grow the same peppers she has grown for the last 4 decades. even have some boonie peppers from guam in the mix. peppers go in almost everything now. heck i even kinda miss the 3 mile island hot sauce hooters had for awhile. bdubs has the mango habenaro sauce that was good, but i haven't been back since i saw the sign on the door. i'm hungry now...

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    When I was young, I ate everything hot .....

Now, not so much .....

I do like, and eat banana peppers .....

The older, I get, the less spicy,

I eat .....

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'll just leave this here:

Ug5UdqJ.gif

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Two 10oz canned chicken

1/2 cup shredded cheese

8oz Philly cream cheese

Put all in bowl and hit with blender, (extra points for throwing 5 dabs of Louisiana hot sauce in), put in glass casserole dish, top with a little shredded cheese, cook untill cheese is golden brown (20min.), serve with scoops tortilla chips.

I make the same thing except I replace the Frank's buffalo sauce completely with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Louisiana hot sauce. Very tasty and mild enough even for me!

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    IMHO, there is a limit to which your mouth can become tolerant to spicy.... your anus will NOT grow in tolerance, it will burn the next day no matter what...

With that out of the way, I used to be a Tabasco fan until I discovered Sriracha; much more robust flavor to go with the heat. Tobasco is just aged spicy vinegar, you can't even taste the peppers in it.

Or what we call the "Ring of Fire"...
    [video=youtube_share;0l3dsHCScxU]http://youtu.be/0l3dsHCScxU[/video]

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Two 10oz canned chicken

1/2 cup shredded cheese

8oz Philly cream cheese

I make the same thing except I replace the Frank's buffalo sauce completely with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Louisiana hot sauce. Very tasty and mild enough even for me!

My wife makes pretty much the same thing except she doesn't blend it, just mixes it well. She's used the franks buffalo and the louisiana depending on what we have on hand.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Well, I bought a bottle of Louisiana hot sauce last night. I'm having it on my breakfast now. I like it better than Tabasco.

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I used to have a paper mache stomach as my wife would call it. I did not mind spicy but I was a 3-4 roll a day Rolaids user. My wife likes spicy foods and I could not handle it. It turned out I had really bad ulcers and then I discovered Prilosec shortly after it came out and it was a life changer. I could keep up with her and stand to eat hotter foods then her.

My boy grew up eating spicy stuff, hot wings etc. I like spicy but it has to have favor and not be vinegar tasting. That turns me off for the most part. I love good Jalapeno peppers in things and in foods. But I do not care for my mouth to hurt, just good favor. And my mouth can handle hotter foods then my ass, I have found that out on more then one occasion. :rolleyes: So all things in moderation these days. As for the ulcers, They are gone and I only occasionally need Prilosec. Usually after several days of pushing the spicy limit.

To answer the original question, yeah, I think I can eat hotter stuff then I used to be able to stand orally, the other end maybe not so much! :runaway:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    When I was a kid my dad used to pop those little red peppers. I was playing in the back yard and smashed one. I thought "I'll just try a seed." OMG, the pain!

I don't use hot sauce. I'll eat peppers with things though. Something about them being high in vitamin c.

exodus125

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    I've heard kids have more sensative taste buds, that is why a lot of kids prefer bland food like plain rice, or plain noodles, bread. I also think the more you eat of it the more you can eat. I have a pretty high tolerance for the sruff, but have been noticing stomach related issues after eating real hot stuff as I've gotten older.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I've heard kids have more sensative taste buds, that is why a lot of kids prefer bland food like plain rice, or plain noodles, bread. I also think the more you eat of it the more you can eat. I have a pretty high tolerance for the sruff, but have been noticing stomach related issues after eating real hot stuff as I've gotten older.

Not to sure about that. When my son was about a year and a half old he grabbed a few Jalapeño peppers off the tray when we were at Hacienda. My MIL could not do spicy so we always got them on the side on our Ultimate Nachos. They were in his mouth before I could get them away from him. He took a drink and grabbed a few more. I think he would have ate them all if I would not have stopped him so there would be some for us. My MIL had a fit. My wife assured her he was going to be fine, if he wasn't complaining she shouldn't worry. The boy always has ate hot wings etc since he started eating solid foods. I think he has a cast iron stomach. Unlike me at that age.

My daughter started eating hot wings at about 2. She want a bite of mine. I told her they were hot, she wanted them any way. So I gave her a little piece. She ended up eating 4 of them. When grandma asked her if they were hot she said" they're a lil picy. She could not get her "SP's" out. lol. Now it;s a family inside joke about things being picy. You can never tell with kids.

exodus125

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Not to sure about that. When my son was about a year and a half old he grabbed a few Jalapeño peppers off the tray when we were at Hacienda. My MIL could not do spicy so we always got them on the side on our Ultimate Nachos. They were in his mouth before I could get them away from him. He took a drink and grabbed a few more. I think he would have ate them all if I would not have stopped him so there would be some for us. My MIL had a fit. My wife assured her he was going to be fine, if he wasn't complaining she shouldn't worry. The boy always has ate hot wings etc since he started eating solid foods. I think he has a cast iron stomach. Unlike me at that age.

My daughter started eating hot wings at about 2. She want a bite of mine. I told her they were hot, she wanted them any way. So I gave her a little piece. She ended up eating 4 of them. When grandma asked her if they were hot she said" they're a lil picy. She could not get her "SP's" out. lol. Now it;s a family inside joke about things being picy. You can never tell with kids.

Well, there you go. Maybe it is a little conditioning and maybe its just varies from person to person.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I eat more spicy now .When I scramble eggs,the wife keeps a quarter of Picco de Gallo(onion,tomato,and jalapeno) in the frig.I add it to the eggs.The kids never liked it before.Now the eat it up.The daughter was the hold out.She now eats it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Wanted to try the hottest wings just for fun yesterday. Picked up 5 blazin wings from buffalou wild wings. Who would ever enjoy eating this? My stomach is in knots today and i only got through one. Also, the buffalou wild wings in bloomington is apparently beretta friendly. I looked and looked all over and saw no anti M9 signs :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just had Pad See Ew for lunch (aka the #2 lunch special at the Thai place down the street), "Thai hot". I'm now ready to go out and brave the cold breeze and get some yard work done. Just as soon as I dry the sweat off my head. :)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just had Pad See Ew for lunch (aka the #2 lunch special at the Thai place down the street), "Thai hot". I'm now ready to go out and brave the cold breeze and get some yard work done. Just as soon as I dry the sweat off my head. :)

Did you enjoy it though?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have some dehydrated Ghost peppers from the year before last that I need to get eaten up. They are not terrible burn through the plate sort of hot. Easy to use them in moderate amounts for the flavor, rather than numb the buds.

Let me know if you want some Mcfly. I need to get to working on last year's Caribean Red's.

2013-10-27_16-26-03_669_zps80831a4d.jpg

Top Bottom