May 12, 2013
    Camby area

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Methinks you believe the truckers have much more support than they actually do. Polls that I have seen show that 90% of Canadian truckers are vaccinated. While there is support for the assertion that the vaccination requirements should end, that support does not extend to crippling the economy and blockading health and safety vehicle movement to fires and hospitals.

If you are a truck driver, please go ahead and blockade whatever you wish. Maybe you'll get a sympathetic reaction from the locale and LEO's, maybe not. But, you don't get to extrapolate your anger into the general population of truck-driving professionals. At best, your blockade will make some other trucker a chance at a better living. I've got some Sikh buddies down the road who will gladly take your place.

Between the "stolen election" claims and threats that 8 million truckers will shut down the nation (not to mention your avatar and screen name), the rogue elements in this society need to decide whether they want a democratic republic or a dictatorship. The constant threats of bringing the country to its knees is about as unpatriotic as it comes.

The country is already on its knees, with the executioners pistol to its ear. It's time we stood back up. Patriotism is putting your nations needs ahead of your own.
    I agreed with you, they should go home, and yet you persist in ad hominem attacks.
    "Rogue elements"?
    "My screen name and avatar"?
    Where the **** do you get off?
    My ancestors came here from Germany in 1784. My heritage is Teutonic, and I'm proud of it. Whatever the ****head krauts did 130-150 years later is no reflection on my family, their origins, or my political views.
    Which, by the way, support a representative republic, as the Constitution describes it. Democratic anything is only mob rules.
    I haven't advocated for blockading anything. I suggested they just don't run.
    The power to govern comes at the consent of the governed, at least, that was the idea in this country. Perhaps Canada can get a better "constitution" out of this.
    Maybe, when you're done looking down your nose at people you know nothing about, you'll remember that government's only power is to threaten personal liberty. Push that too hard and you might destroy that which you need to survive.
    Also remember when you've taken all a man has, he has nothing left to lose.
    And that's when things always get interesting.

Oh btw, while I have utmost respect for the personal ideals of the Sikhs I have known, no....your buddies down the street will not be taking my job. All trucking is not just driving from A to B.
    Methinks you should endeavor to educate yourself on the many facets and requirements of different classes of transportation by truck.....before you relegate us all to toadstool status.
    Best wishes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Methinks you believe the truckers have much more support than they actually do. Polls that I have seen show that 90% of Canadian truckers are vaccinated. While there is support for the assertion that the vaccination requirements should end, that support does not extend to crippling the economy and blockading health and safety vehicle movement to fires and hospitals.

If you are a truck driver, please go ahead and blockade whatever you wish. Maybe you'll get a sympathetic reaction from the locale and LEO's, maybe not. But, you don't get to extrapolate your anger into the general population of truck-driving professionals. At best, your blockade will make some other trucker a chance at a better living. I've got some Sikh buddies down the road who will gladly take your place.

Between the "stolen election" claims and threats that 8 million truckers will shut down the nation (not to mention your avatar and screen name), the rogue elements in this society need to decide whether they want a democratic republic or a dictatorship. The constant threats of bringing the country to its knees is about as unpatriotic as it comes.
    Somehow I don't recall you being quite so 'Let the duly elected government govern' from, say, January 2017 through January 2021. But that's to be expected, because it seems you only believe in that sort of thing when your fellow travelers are running the show

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Those differences have always existed. Hamilton v Burr. Adams v Jefferson. North v South. etc etc etc.

Ultimately, what is important in any protest is public support. Aside from the moderately short attention span of most people on ideological issues, once people are affected in their pocketbooks or food supply, the sympathizers switch from supporters to cries for public executions in short order.

The greatest error is imagining that your side is in charge of public sentiment. That is generally very unpredictable and many have paid the price for their error in the long run.
    Hamilton was a piece of **** as was Adams. The south was correct.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Looks like there's "back and forth" going on at the Ambassador Bridge.
    Seems like the police are trying to provoke a reaction.

I still think the protesters need a plan.
    Such as minute men, to go stand behind the police line.
    And keep enough reserve for another line.

You could use semi's to block in the armored stuff.

But then, that risks provocation also.

The only thing they have going, is filming it live.
    But what if the police take down cell comms?

And then, on the police... what are they thinking of?
    Kicking protestors off the bridge? What does that do?
    They come back.
    Pull trucks off bridge? Ummm.. more can be brought.

They may be trying to intimidate, to run off the non-hardcore. Then there is less to arrest?

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I still think the protesters need a plan.
    Such as minute men, to go stand behind the police line.
    And keep enough reserve for another line.
    When the line advances, disengage and flank them.
    Spread out their efforts, as they're trying to concentrate yours. Keep them guessing/reacting as they're not able to change direction/action quickly.

You could use semi's to block in the armored stuff.
    As to your RC cars, perhaps even something as simple as water filled fuel cans left in their path. Or HD bags of packing peanuts.
    Maybe not even that complicated, simply sit down around them.
    Deliver Girl Scout cookies (preferably by the Girls themselves).

But what if the police take down cell comms?
    How about 800-900Mhz noise makers?

They may be trying to intimidate, to run off the non-hardcore. Then there is less to arrest?
    Definitely looking to send a message, or they'd have done this work overnight and/or during poor weather.

Top Bottom