Candidates for the best REAL pocket gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    WHICH pocket needs to be considered first. if it's a coat pocket on a parka you might get away with a Glock 19 or 1911 officer's model. On the other hand a Colt mustang or Ruger LC9 will print in a front jeans pocket, at least when you take the first step--and if you stuff a 642 in there, Mae West will be asking if you're happy to see her.

I wear blue jeans. dress pants or sweat pants. I've never been called out for carrying. It may be because of the type pocket holster :dunno: dunno. I like the revolver. I have zero regrets. I have shot the LCP. It's way to small for my hands big hands. I have the larger grips on my dash 3. It fill's my hand nicely.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Depending on the size of your pockets will determine if you are going with a 380 or a 9mm. In jeans I got 380, in shorts I got 9mm and most of the time it's always a bug (especially the 380) unless it's around the house carry when I'm in pajamas and don't have my gun holstered to my belt. 99% of the time I have 2 guns, but the little pockets become a never ending companion. Not having the 380 is like when you wear a watch forever and take it off.

My choices to fill this niche are one of two guns. In 380 its a Kahr CW380/P380 or a Sig P238. In 9mm it's simply their counter parts a CM/PM 9 or a Sig P238.

Not to be that guy, but with certain pairs of shorts that I own I actually do put a baby glock in my front pocket (holstered yes) for a quick store trip and it's concealed! :p But I totally relate to your post, it is in no way practical on a regular basis and in all honesty isn't the most comfortable when walking a lot.

Bigdog357

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    Indiana
    I didn't have time to read all the post, oh sorry that's already been done here :rockwoot:. My pocket gun is a .380 Colt Mustang Plus II or a High Standard 22 derringer, both are fairly easy to conceal.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I have only one gun that I'd consider for pocket carry, Sig P938 9mm. Even though it's not my preferred way to carry, I have carried it in my front pocket with no problems, jeans and cargo pants. Draws and re-holsters easily.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I would have to say either Sig

P238 in .380
    p238-2.jpg

or the P938 in 9mm
    p938-2.jpg

Both are very comfortable to shoot and both have remarkable accuracy for a micro pistol

However, if you can find a semi-auto pocket pistol in 416 Rigby, that would be awesome.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    My vote for the best "real" pocket pistol would be the Beretta tip-up barreled pistols, namely the .32 acp Alleycat. This is the size of pistol that I think of when I picture a pocket pistol. A gun designed for a vest pocket, which I believe is where the term "Pocket pistol" originated. The NAA Guardian, Seecamp, Baby Brownings, etc. with chamberings in .32 and smaller are other good examples of this.
    Today's examples of pocket pistols seem to be whatever people can stuff into their pockets. For me it's my G42, then my S&W 042, both carried holstered in a jacket or cargo pocket. I have lusted after a Beretta Alleycat for a number of years and only seen one or two in the flesh so to speak.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    If you are training to fire from inside the pocket or purse (quick needed reaction). Do not consider a simiauto. It needs room to function.
    A good revolver is what you consider. it will function in very tight spaces.

Top Bottom