Candidates for the best REAL pocket gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ldog187

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I know there are a lot of guns on the market these days that bill themselves as pocket pistols. But let's be honest a lot of them are too big for pocket carry. The only reason why you would choose to carry a pistol in your pocket is because you need to completely conceal it, and pretend you don't have a firearm at all. Or else what's the point? I don't care if you can fit a Glock 27 in your front pocket..... I guaran-god damn-tee you I can see it, and your ruining the idea of a pocket gun.

So, what's INGOs opinion on the best TRUE pocket guns? Totally dissappearing, and still reliable.

I carried a Ruger LCP with a pocket holster for years, and, not only was it hardly noticeable in my pocket - it was very accurate at the range. I had the older model that had the small sights, which was my only complaint. That has been addressed since then and I'd bet it's even better now. I regret selling it, but, we all know how that goes.

bar3353

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    Evansville
    I know there are a lot of guns on the market these days that bill themselves as pocket pistols. But let's be honest a lot of them are too big for pocket carry. The only reason why you would choose to carry a pistol in your pocket is because you need to completely conceal it, and pretend you don't have a firearm at all. Or else what's the point? I don't care if you can fit a Glock 27 in your front pocket..... I guaran-god damn-tee you I can see it, and your ruining the idea of a pocket gun.

So, what's INGOs opinion on the best TRUE pocket guns? Totally dissappearing, and still reliable.

Rueger LC9s, Walther ppks, sig p938. Those are the ones i have looked at and were good.

cheese

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Granger
    Love my Keltec 380 goes right in the back pocket and you can't see anything other then what looks like a pocket knife. Even with the extended mag.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      136.9 KB · Views: 6

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I'm just going to throw out there that a 642 won't work well in Wranglers or Levis (but don't buy Levies though because they're as anti-gun as it gets). I know this from experience and I don't even wear my jeans tight. My 642 is my EDC but it's not a pocket gun at all.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Galesi 25ACP.
    Your gun, your opinion, fair enough.

REAL Pocket gun?

I'm sure that mathematics can tell us if .25 ACP is the answer to the REAL Pocket Gun question.

The average .25 ACP cartridge has a muzzle energy of 64.93 ft/lbs.

Let's say that your firearm is a .25 sub-compact pistol. The weight of the Galesi .25ACP pistol is 12.0 oz. empty, which is to say it weighs 5,250 grains. If you could throw it at 75 mph, which is far slower than Major League baseball pitchers throw a fast ball, that velocity works out to be 110 fps, and will yield 141.80 ft/lbs of energy on your target.

This tells us that you will have more than twice the energy on target if you just become more proficient in throwing your empty Galesi .25ACP handgun. (Please be sure to remove the ammunition from the handgun before throwing to avoid an accidental discharge... Safety first.)

.25 ACP Cartridge
    Projectile weight - 45 gr
    Projectile velocity - 804 fps
    Projectile energy - 64.93 ft/lbs

Thrown Galesi Handgun
    Projectile weight - 5250 gr
    Projectile velocity - 110 fps
    Projectile energy - 141.80 ft/lbs

Behold The Power of Mathematics!

Check it out for yourself: http://www.classifiercalc.com/misc_calcs/me.php

Safety Notice - Whether it is shot or thrown, you can still put an eye out with a .25 caliber handgun!

:):

Why? Just why? Most of us on here are experienced gun owners and know that a .380 is bigger than a .25 (rocket science :rolleyes:) yet you go out of your way to make this guy look foolish for his choice of firearms. Again, why? I understand your opinion but there's no need to show you're genius arithmetic skills for pointing out that the .25 acp is a small caliber (obviously).

Really. Ok, let me put all 7rds in your ear, then tell me again about ballistics.

You gotta be careful making those statements. I'm sure you wasn't making any threats and was merely shooting crap but there's lots of people who thinks a cold stare is threatening.

Wow! A public threat of violence for an obvious lampoon on the small caliber debate.

You sir may want to rethink how you interact with others on a public forum. You don't want all the good folks here to get the idea that you are some sort of hot-head who solves issues at the point of a gun.

Try to have a better day.

Look above. He was clearly just talking and not really going to shoot you. Like really, this is the Internet, take a joke.

Maybe a little harsh, but got my point across. I don't know about you sir, but I had the unfortunate experience of having to solve two separate "issues" at the point of my gun when I lived in South Florida. Both were solved with no shots fired, luckily, and one arrest on the other side. Had I not had my little 25acp during both instances, I might not of been here to upset people like you. And if I were a "Hot Head" they both would of turned out very differently. I threatened no one, merely stated a fact. I am also not sure of the term you used "all the good folks here".
    From what I have observed most of the good folks on this forum spew a lot of BS. You have a good day as well.

A little harsh, maybe, but seriously harmless because again, this is the internet and most of us don't know each other in the real world (virtual vs. reality).

No threat? I clearly understood the threat that you would want to cause my ear severe powder burn and abrasion just to make a silly point about your choice in hand cannons.

As to being upset... Not even a little. Like those you confronted in South Florida, I too have respect for your determination to use your .25ACP to resolve "issues", whether by your skilled trigger finger, or your well developed throwing arm.
    If he wants to carry a .25 acp and suggest it, it's his opinion.

There's no need for people to get so defense or start dishing crap and not be able to take it.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Taurus TCP.

attachment.php

I use the pouch-type holster (folks never think it is a firearm), but it works great in a pocket holster—as the photo shows.

I know some dislike Taurus. I have had good success with my pistols. Accurate, reliable. Did have to send a couple back for service (but I bought them used and repairs were covered under warranty), but now they are are completely reliable.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Your gun, your opinion, fair enough.

Why? Just why? Most of us on here are experienced gun owners and know that a .380 is bigger than a .25 (rocket science :rolleyes:) yet you go out of your way to make this guy look foolish for his choice of firearms. Again, why? I understand your opinion but there's no need to show you're genius arithmetic skills for pointing out that the .25 acp is a small caliber (obviously).

You gotta be careful making those statements. I'm sure you wasn't making any threats and was merely shooting crap but there's lots of people who thinks a cold stare is threatening.

Look above. He was clearly just talking and not really going to shoot you. Like really, this is the Internet, take a joke.

A little harsh, maybe, but seriously harmless because again, this is the internet and most of us don't know each other in the real world (virtual vs. reality).

If he wants to carry a .25 acp and suggest it, it's his opinion.

There's no need for people to get so defense or start dishing crap and not be able to take it.

Redhorse, you did a great job here of summarizing the way folks were pushing the limits. Rep inbound. Nice job.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We've got a cop who was shot in the back of the head at contact distance wirh a .25 and thought he was punched. He killed the guy. A .25 isn't even a reliable suicide gun. We've had a case where it pierced the tongue and stuck in the palette. Too many quality .380 and 9mm out there for me to even consider a .25. A starter pistol will work if the sight is all it takes to end the confrontation, but I'd rather have more oomph at my disposal if it goes further.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Redhorse, you did a great job here of summarizing the way folks were pushing the limits. Rep inbound. Nice job.
    Thanks! :): It's just hard to enjoy these forums when people stop acting liking adults and start acting like children.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    COLT Mustang Pocketlite or S&W 442. I still keep a Beretta M21 I bought in 1990 in case .22 is the only ammo left after EMP goes off and the zombies rise.

My SP101 and Glock subcompacts are just short belt guns.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I once shot a rabbit at approximately 10 yards with a .25. It was a good hit, right through the bread basket. No exit wound. Had to run him down to finish him. Sold it.

Not to split hairs (pun intended) If you had to chase him down to finish him off it wasn't a good shot. :-)

Top Bottom