Candidates for the best REAL pocket gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Colt 1903.

You'll need some big pockets, like these..

New-Cool-Men-s-Casual-Baggy-Dance-Harem-Pants-Trousers-long-big-Pockets-Hip-hop-white.jpg

:D

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Pocket is 66% of Pocket Gun yet 100% of the focus seems to be on Gun. IMHO after page 1, it's anything goes in most threads as they are done anyway. Go look at the HPG runners kits. You are buying a pocket that makes your gun into a pocket gun. I am going to use the recon as my fishing pocket and put a gun in it, fishing tackle on it.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    For a hidden gun in a pants pocket, thin is crucial. Ruger LCP or Keltec P3AT are the best. I have both. Wifey likes the ergonomic grip of the LCP. I prefer the aggressively knurled grip of the Keltec. They are otherwise identical.

Hill People Gear

+1. The kit bag is perfect for any activity.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Personally, I don't consider very many guns to be TRUE 'pocket guns'.

JMO, but just because it fits into a pocket of some baggy pants or cargo pants doesn't mean it's really a 'pocket gun'. Pocket guns need to be small. VERY small.

IMO, only such guns as the Seecamp (.380), NAA's, and those of similar size qualify. The Kel-Tec P3AT, P-11, SCCY, etc. do not.

Again, JMO. YMMV.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I disagree about the p3at and the p32. They are the thinnest things out there, and not significantly larger than the seecamps, or anything else available. I find the NAA baby revolvers interesting, but haven't carried one. Honestly, the LCP is only a smidgen wider than the Keltecs, and lots of people really like them.

I think ANY Pistol larger than a 938 does not really qualify as a pocket pistol. The 5 shot j frame size revolvers DO, though. They just seem to work.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I could pocket my LCR easily if I chose to do so, it and it hands down the best snubby on the market today. Better trigger thanks to the cam trigger system, better recoil control thanks to the grips, and reasonable sight set up. I can shoot it as accurately at 15y as I can a full size Glock (although not as fast).

This.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Galesi 25ACP.

REAL Pocket gun?

I'm sure that mathematics can tell us if .25 ACP is the answer to the REAL Pocket Gun question.

The average .25 ACP cartridge has a muzzle energy of 64.93 ft/lbs.

Let's say that your firearm is a .25 sub-compact pistol. The weight of the Galesi .25ACP pistol is 12.0 oz. empty, which is to say it weighs 5,250 grains. If you could throw it at 75 mph, which is far slower than Major League baseball pitchers throw a fast ball, that velocity works out to be 110 fps, and will yield 141.80 ft/lbs of energy on your target.

This tells us that you will have more than twice the energy on target if you just become more proficient in throwing your empty Galesi .25ACP handgun. (Please be sure to remove the ammunition from the handgun before throwing to avoid an accidental discharge... Safety first.)

.25 ACP Cartridge
    Projectile weight - 45 gr
    Projectile velocity - 804 fps
    Projectile energy - 64.93 ft/lbs

Thrown Galesi Handgun
    Projectile weight - 5250 gr
    Projectile velocity - 110 fps
    Projectile energy - 141.80 ft/lbs

Behold The Power of Mathematics!

Check it out for yourself: http://www.classifiercalc.com/misc_calcs/me.php

Safety Notice - Whether it is shot or thrown, you can still put an eye out with a .25 caliber handgun!

:):

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Personally, I don't consider very many guns to be TRUE 'pocket guns'.

JMO, but just because it fits into a pocket of some baggy pants or cargo pants doesn't mean it's really a 'pocket gun'. Pocket guns need to be small. VERY small.

IMO, only such guns as the Seecamp (.380), NAA's, and those of similar size qualify. The Kel-Tec P3AT, P-11, SCCY, etc. do not.

Again, JMO. YMMV.
    If I can fit my hand in a pocket, I can fit a p3at.
    63dd3678-f537-4196-8892-c1a37521dba1.jpg

Attachments

• 63dd3678-f537-4196-8892-c1a37521dba1.jpg
      63dd3678-f537-4196-8892-c1a37521dba1.jpg
      66.4 KB · Views: 4

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    REAL Pocket gun?

I'm sure that mathematics can tell us if .25 ACP is the answer to the REAL Pocket Gun question.

The average .25 ACP cartridge has a muzzle energy of 64.93 ft/lbs.

Let's say that your firearm is a .25 sub-compact pistol. The weight of the Galesi .25ACP pistol is 12.0 oz. empty, which is to say it weighs 5,250 grains. If you could throw it at 75 mph, which is far slower than Major League baseball pitchers throw a fast ball, that velocity works out to be 110 fps, and will yield 141.80 ft/lbs of energy on your target.

This tells us that you will have more than twice the energy on target if you just become more proficient in throwing your empty Galesi .25ACP handgun. (Please be sure to remove the ammunition from the handgun before throwing to avoid an accidental discharge... Safety first.)

.25 ACP Cartridge
    Projectile weight - 45 gr
    Projectile velocity - 804 fps
    Projectile energy - 64.93 ft/lbs

Thrown Galesi Handgun
    Projectile weight - 5250 gr
    Projectile velocity - 110 fps
    Projectile energy - 141.80 ft/lbs

Behold The Power of Mathematics!

Check it out for yourself: http://www.classifiercalc.com/misc_calcs/me.php

Safety Notice - Whether it is shot or thrown, you can still put an eye out with a .25 caliber handgun!

:):

Really. Ok, let me put all 7rds in your ear, then tell me again about ballistics.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Wow! A public threat of violence for an obvious lampoon on the small caliber debate.

You sir may want to rethink how you interact with others on a public forum. You don't want all the good folks here to get the idea that you are some sort of hot-head who solves issues at the point of a gun.

Try to have a better day.

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    Wow! A public threat of violence for an obvious lampoon on the small caliber debate.

You sir may want to rethink how you interact with others on a public forum. You don't want all the good folks here to get the idea that you are some sort of hot-head who solves issues at the point of a gun.

Try to have a better day.

Maybe a little harsh, but got my point across. I don't know about you sir, but I had the unfortunate experience of having to solve two separate "issues" at the point of my gun when I lived in South Florida. Both were solved with no shots fired, luckily, and one arrest on the other side. Had I not had my little 25acp during both instances, I might not of been here to upset people like you. And if I were a "Hot Head" they both would of turned out very differently. I threatened no one, merely stated a fact. I am also not sure of the term you used "all the good folks here".
    From what I have observed most of the good folks on this forum spew a lot of BS. You have a good day as well.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Maybe a little harsh, but got my point across. I don't know about you sir, but I had the unfortunate experience of having to solve two separate "issues" at the point of my gun when I lived in South Florida. Both were solved with no shots fired, luckily, and one arrest on the other side. Had I not had my little 25acp during both instances, I might not of been here to upset people like you. And if I were a "Hot Head" they both would of turned out very differently. I threatened no one, merely stated a fact. I am also not sure of the term you used "all the good folks here".
    From what I have observed most of the good folks on this forum spew a lot of BS. You have a good day as well.

No threat? I clearly understood the threat that you would want to cause my ear severe powder burn and abrasion just to make a silly point about your choice in hand cannons.

As to being upset... Not even a little. Like those you confronted in South Florida, I too have respect for your determination to use your .25ACP to resolve "issues", whether by your skilled trigger finger, or your well developed throwing arm.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Really. Ok, let me put all 7rds in your ear, then tell me again about ballistics.

There is a big difference between a gun carried primarily for defensive use, and the lethality of an offense attack that allows you to get close enough to "put all 7 rounds" in someone's ear.

One could likely find a way to kill a man with a toothpick if the victim was restrained or incapacitated to the point that they were unable to resist. That doesn't mean I'd want to carry a toothpick as a defensive tool.

There is an old saying that "any gun is better than no gun." Personally I think that is a load of :bs:. There are too many better options that combine a larger caliber in a similar sized package. Choosing to carry a .25 over say a .380 or 9mm is just plain lazy. There are too many small guns in those calibers that are easy to conceal.

Top Bottom