• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dark Star

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    South bend
    I love my TP9SF. I've had it since 2017 and have taken a few classes with it, too. It has never let me down or embarassed me in a class full of people.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I love my TP9SF. I've had it since 2017 and have taken a few classes with it, too. It has never let me down or embarassed me in a class full of people.

They are underrated pistols. That's for sure. Kind of like Glock when they first came out just about everyone was thinking plastic junk including myself.

Well I finally got 400 more rounds through my DA bringing it to 800 rounds. Closer to my 1000rd no cleaning test. Still running like a $1000 pistol.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I seen the Tp 9 sf at "Big R".
    The price caught my eye.
    The gun looked pretty good.
    After handling it I was surprises how well it felt.
    The action was smooth.
    I purchased it on the spot.
    When I went to the range.
    I was really like it.
    it shot great.
    When I seen their new one with the reddot sight.
    I picked it up.
    I know it was exactly the same frame.
    Again it felt real good in my hand.
    Well shooting it was a bit different using th e red dot.
    Once I go the feel of it.
    I am very happy with the Canik brand.

penton175jp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Just bought a TP9SF Elite One (one mag) new for $260.41. The regular Elite costs $320 and comes with 2 mags. I bought 3 mags from Gun Mag Warehouse for $69. So for under $330 I have the gun and 4 mags. The trigger is as good as it gets in a polymer gun. Only other change is an extended mag release from Midwest Gun Works. EDC and IDPA CCP division.

Donjr721

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Rockville
    Just bought the TP9SF Elite yesterday. Ran 100 through it tonight. Love it. Phenomenal trigger for striker fired. Very good shooter

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    They are good to go. Quality is on par with any polymer gun if not better. The tp9sfx is a great shooter. And the non competition models aren’t far behind.

penton175jp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Have a couple hundred rounds through my SF Elite now. Anyone who dismisses it out of school because of the price or manufacturer is missing the boat. Best factory trigger and sights of any polymer gun I've owned (a bunch) and dog nuts accurate.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just shot another 200rd of 124gr HP through my TP9DA. This is an amazing pistol for the money.

That brings it to 1000rd without cleaning. Lubed but no cleaning. I cleaned and lubed it when I got it. Then lubed it again at 300rd mark. So far very dependable pistol.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    2k on my TP9SF. Best trigger I own and runs all day long without failures on the cheapest junk ammo you can buy. Tula is what I normally feed it, but it's probably done 500 rounds of that Winchester steel trash and several hundred rounds of whatever brass 115 I pick up on sale. I'm very happy with it.

doubleeagle4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    East Central
    I bought a TP9SFx about a year ago. There are a few cons but once I got all the information, it has turned into one of my favorite guns. Here is what I had issues with and what I found out:

In the first few hundred rounds, I was having quite a few stovepipes. Since I was using all different kinds of ammo, I started paying attention to what rounds were causing it. I figured out that it was mainly lighter 115 grain bullets. Remington UMC stovepipes were happening about 2-3 times a mag (pretty frustrating). I did a little reading online and then finally called Century Arms. They stated what I pretty much assumed... The Canik pistols are built for Turkey's military and police and are built around the 124 grain NATO rounds. Because of this, the recoil springs are heavier. This explains why the lighter rounds were not ejecting. They told me that it would break in after a few more hundred rounds but they also sent me a lighter recoil spring for free-great customer service! They were right though, once I got to around the 500 round mark, I stopped having issues. So my recommendation would be to shoot 124g NATO rounds for break in and then you will be good to go.

The second issue I had was when I bought an Olight PL-Mini 2 to attach to the Picatinny rail. I could not get it to mount properly. I actually thought it was an issue with the light mount until I mounted it on a few of my other guns. I made a quick call to Olight and started to tell him that I was having problems getting it to seat correctly into the Picatinny cuts. Without me saying which gun I had, he said "Is it a Canik?" He explained to me that they have been arguing with Canik about their rail cutouts. Basically, the gun makers in Turkey have what they think is a standard cut size, but it's not cut deep enough for our 1913 rail standards. The only thing you can do is cut the slots deeper for it to actually fit in there. Or you can clip on the light without the 1913 mount and hope that it stays on. I have shot it like this and actually did have it fall off once.

Other than those 2 issues, this thing is a dream to shoot.. I especially like it with the Vortex Viper mounted on top!

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    A friend bought the TP9SFx and I was able to shoot it the other weekend. I loved it and now i have to get one for myself. The price, for what you get, is fantastic. Nice trigger, nice sights, accurate, soft shooting.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Patrick Kelley has a couple of reviews of Canik pistols on his YouTube channel. The TP9SA and TP9SFx. They are pretty positive.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I just bought a TP9SF Elite and really like it so far. Took it to the range yesterday and put 200 rounds through it. Used 147 gr Blazer Brass, 124 gr American Eagle and 115 gr Blazer Brass, all FMJ. Everything ran fine. Love the trigger and the sights, it is a good fit for me.

It comes with two 15 rounds mags, but the 20 round TP9 mags work as well.

TP9SF Elite 02.jpg

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I got to the range again with the TP9Sf Elite and am really liking it. Put another 200 rounds through it. I was shooting Blazer Brass 115 gr, FMJ.

Here's a pic of the Elite with a Canik 20 round mag in it in case anyone is interested:

Magazine 02.jpg

15 round and 20 round mags side by side

Magazine 05.jpg

This is the 20 rounder I bought.

Magazine 07.jpg

My LGS has the 20 rounders for just under $30 and I couldn't find them online cheaper so I picked up two of them.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just bought a TP9SF Elite and really like it so far. Took it to the range yesterday and put 200 rounds through it. Used 147 gr Blazer Brass, 124 gr American Eagle and 115 gr Blazer Brass, all FMJ. Everything ran fine. Love the trigger and the sights, it is a good fit for me.

It comes with two 15 rounds mags, but the 20 round TP9 mags work as well.

View attachment 81835

I was wondering about the elite. I have big hands so I'm wondering about the grip size. Does your hand get a good grip on it or does your little finger do the search and find nothing deal.

Top Bottom