• ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I was wondering about the elite. I have big hands so I'm wondering about the grip size. Does your hand get a good grip on it or does your little finger do the search and find nothing deal.

I find it just right for my hand. With no magazine in the gun my little finger is about 60% on the grip. With the 15 rd mag in my little finger is almost flush with the bottom of the mag.

Canik TP9SF Elite Grip01.jpg

Canik TP9SF Elite Grip02.jpg

Canik TP9SF Elite Grip03.jpg

Canik TP9SF Elite Grip04.jpg

My hand is about 3 1/8 inches wide where my fingers meet my palm and 7 5/8 inches from the tip of my middle finger to end of my hand at my wrist.

I do get a good grip and feel that the Elite is easier to shoot than my Glock 17, which has a bigger grip. The photos above are with the small backstrap. there isn't much difference between the two backstraps. The "large' has a bit more palm swell. I shot the Elite with both and found the smaller backstrap fit me better.

Hope this helps.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I find it just right for my hand. With no magazine in the gun my little finger is about 60% on the grip. With the 15 rd mag in my little finger is almost flush with the bottom of the mag.

View attachment 81880

View attachment 81881

View attachment 81882

View attachment 81883

My hand is about 3 1/8 inches wide where my fingers meet my palm and 7 5/8 inches from the tip of my middle finger to end of my hand at my wrist.

I do get a good grip and feel that the Elite is easier to shoot than my Glock 17, which has a bigger grip. The photos above are with the small backstrap. there isn't much difference between the two backstraps. The "large' has a bit more palm swell. I shot the Elite with both and found the smaller backstrap fit me better.

Hope this helps.

Mine is 4 1/4" where my fingers meet my palm. The TP9DA with the 18rd mag fits like the elite is with your hand. I'll have to settle on full size pistols if I want a good grip.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Mine is 4 1/4" where my fingers meet my palm. The TP9DA with the 18rd mag fits like the elite is with your hand. I'll have to settle on full size pistols if I want a good grip.

The TP9DA us a bit shorter than the Elite, about 1/2 inch taller and a bit thinner. For you that's probably a better carry option, especially with the ability to use DA trigger for the first shot. If you can conceal it the TP9DA looks a great option with the 18 round magazines.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just shot another 100rd of Wolf 115gr FMJ through my TP9DA.

That brings it to 1100rd without cleaning. I cleaned and lubed it when I got it. Then lubed it again at 300rd mark. It has shot 800 rds without cleaning or lube and counting. Preforming like a pistol twice its price tag.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    We are selling more and more Caniks at the shop. The newer SF "One" series line is a steal at less than $300. Cheaper than an SD9VE, with an infinitely better trigger.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Mec-Gar +2 bases on Tp9SF Elite Mags

The Elite comes with two 15 round magazines. I bought some 20 round magazines at my local gun store. Playing around I swapped the +2 bases from the 20 round mags onto the 15 round mags and they fit perfectly and make the 15 round mags +3 for 18 rounds.

I found the Mec-Gar bases at Greg Cote, LLC for $10 each. I ordered two and with shipping the total was $27. I received them 3 days after my order. That was by USPS from Florida to NW Indiana. They are an exact match for the bases I on the 20 round Canik magazines I purchased.

I have run the 15 round mags with the +2 bases with the existing 15 round mag springs and they work with no issues. Through two range sessions with these I have run one mag 10 times and the other 11 times. No feed problems and the slide locked back when empty every time.

I can load 18 rounds into the Elite mags with the +2 bases by hand.

I tried the plus 4 bases from Cain Arms and I have to say that I like the Mec-Gar bases much better. The Cain Arms allow 19 rounds and the Mec-Gar bases allow 18 rounds. The Cain Arms bases are harder to get the last two rounds into than the Mec-Gar. The Cain Arms fit fine and they work, I just like the Mec-Gar better.

Attachments

• +2 base-15 rd mags 04.jpg
      +2 base-15 rd mags 04.jpg
      72.1 KB · Views: 15
    • +2 base-15 rd mags 05.jpg
      +2 base-15 rd mags 05.jpg
      32.5 KB · Views: 14
    • +2 base-15 rd mags 07.jpg
      +2 base-15 rd mags 07.jpg
      52.7 KB · Views: 13
    • Cain vs MecGar.jpg
      Cain vs MecGar.jpg
      61.7 KB · Views: 14

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yesterday I shot 100rd of Sellier & Bellot 124gr HP through my TP9DA.

That brings it to 1200rd without cleaning. No failures of any kind so far.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Yesterday I shot 100rd of Sellier & Bellot 124gr HP through my TP9DA.

That brings it to 1200rd without cleaning. No failures of any kind so far.

I've got 1,600 rounds through my TP9SF Elite and no issues at all. I do clean mine after each time I shoot. :)

I've been shooting 115 gr blazer brass and American Eagle.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've got 1,600 rounds through my TP9SF Elite and no issues at all. I do clean mine after each time I shoot. :)

I've been shooting 115 gr blazer brass and American Eagle.

I'm doing a reliability test. I want to see how many these hidden gems can handle before a failure. Last time I lubed it was the 300rd mark.

rmw250

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    Kokomo
    My TP9SFX elite has had roughly 5k through it with the only issues being a couple stove-pipes within the first 150 rounds. Overall very impressed and couldn’t be happier for the price. Thought about trying the sf one out for the heck of it

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I love my SF, minus the pic rails being out of spec. I was able to file the grooves deeper so that my lights fit without pointing down.

One of my favorite triggers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATDaddy47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2020
    Huntington
    I’m on a couple Canik pages on FB. I have read about the pic rail issue. For the money you spend and the trigger you get.....if that’s their only problem....we definitely got a hell of a deal my friend. Lol. I’m tempted every time I see one anywhere. I traded my SC for the Elite-S. Overall happy but, a touch big (I’m fat) to appendix carry in the heat. Only regret I have.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ive owned 3 TP9's. TP9v2, TP9sf, and TP9da. Out of those 3 the V2 was my favorite. The da comes in a close 2nd, and the SF 3rd.

Nothing wrong with any of these its just personal preference. My daughter brown eyed me and used the "but daddy I need to protect your grandchildren" line and got the v2 because she loved it. The SF my nephew got it because he loved it and it was his birthday coming up so Happy Birthday nephew. No one is getting my DA. I really like it. Have close to 5,000 rds through it. Not one failure. I should probably replace the recoil spring, but they are supposed to run 60,000 rds without failure. I will order one just on case anyway.

Bottom line you can't go wrong with a Tp9 series pistol. Good quality and affordable.

CATDaddy47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2020
    Huntington
    Ive owned 3 TP9's. TP9v2, TP9sf, and TP9da. Out of those 3 the V2 was my favorite. The da comes in a close 2nd, and the SF 3rd.

Nothing wrong with any of these its just personal preference. My daughter brown eyed me and used the "but daddy I need to protect your grandchildren" line and got the v2 because she loved it. The SF my nephew got it because he loved it and it was his birthday coming up so Happy Birthday nephew. No one is getting my DA. I really like it. Have close to 5,000 rds through it. Not one failure. I should probably replace the recoil spring, but they are supposed to run 60,000 rds without failure. I will order one just on case anyway.

Bottom line you can't go wrong with a Tp9 series pistol. Good quality and affordable.

love hearing all the positives of the Canik and that you’re passing them down. Tired of the down play that people give them because they are from Turkey. Just jealous Glock fan boys I say. Lol

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Picked up a Canik TP9SFx in Tungsten grey from local gun shop for $458. It has been flawless so far. The trigger is one of the best striker fired triggers out there. It came with 4 RMR bases, extra fiber colors for the front sight, back straps, Holster, and 2 - 21rd mags.

Top Bottom