Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    FYI - This is still a problem with the forum not working as it is supposed to.

Also just noticed that I can no longer reply with quote??? :dunno:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    FYI - This is still a problem with the forum not working as it is supposed to.

Also just noticed that I can no longer reply with quote??? :dunno:

You can open another browser (i.e. you are logged in in chrome and not logged in in firefox) and see both sides if you wish.

But I've come to realize it is actually a feature.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Some folks like to hurt others feeling by telling them they are on "ignore," and then have the option to read the posts of them people they have ignored. Doesn't make sense to me either.

it's a safety mechanism. You have the option to override it, but by default it's set to "no". Totally depends on your mood.

I wish it was working also. I had to take people off "ignore" and don't want to risk being banned, hope they fix it.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    There's many reasons to use the ignore button. I use it for those that I won't deal with in the classifieds for one reason or another and various other reasons. There's a few members here that have admitted to criminal activity before and I don't want to deal with. That doesn't make their knowledge on other things or entertainment factor void. There are some that spew political stuff all over the place, on topic or not, and I don't care to read it outside of the political thread, which I don't visit anymore. I don't care to read anything from those that use stolen valor regardless of what or where it is.

There are a couple in the Walking Dead thread that I ignore but I like the discussion there. If I want to read anything they say I have to toggle them on/off or hope someone quotes them at some point. The activity there has dropped way off and quotes are rare. Recently I just don't bother.

There's a huge difference between someone like Dddd, the guy who says he has been arrested in his home state more times than he can remember, and the ones who sprays political rhetoric everywhere. Different reasons to ignore, different places to ignore. I'd like to see this fixed as well.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Couple weeks bump on this. Still not working? :dunno:

I'm happy with not seeing posts from certain mods and members. It makes it so much more enjoyable here. If you want to see what they are saying then remove the ignore on them. You really can't have it both ways. Plus they are unable to fix anything. Not being able to send out email notifications shows that!

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm happy with not seeing posts from certain mods and members. It makes it so much more enjoyable here. If you want to see what they are saying then remove the ignore on them. You really can't have it both ways. Plus they are unable to fix anything. Not being able to send out email notifications shows that!

:bs:

You can’t put mods on ignore. Sometimes even “former” mods.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom