I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Quoted so DV can see. :)

Thanks...:):

The smart people who know these things are looking into this. The only glitch in the Matrix would be if he did manage to ignore staff but he can not do it now.
    Staff has no ignore list.
    Members can not ignore staff....regardless.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    In case it has been forgotten, the View Post link in an ignored user's post does not work.
    It opens a new window that still does not view the post.

:ingo:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In case it has been forgotten, the View Post link in an ignored user's post does not work.
    It opens a new window that still does not view the post.

:ingo:

Either ignore them or don't. Why quibble? :dunno:
    I don't technically ignore anybody; some I just don't respond to. Works fine for me. Who do you have on ignore, because apparently it isn't me, surprisingly enough.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    There's many reasons to use the ignore button. I use it for those that I won't deal with in the classifieds for one reason or another and various other reasons. There's a few members here that have admitted to criminal activity before and I don't want to deal with. That doesn't make their knowledge on other things or entertainment factor void. There are some that spew political stuff all over the place, on topic or not, and I don't care to read it outside of the political thread, which I don't visit anymore. I don't care to read anything from those that use stolen valor regardless of what or where it is.

There are a couple in the Walking Dead thread that I ignore but I like the discussion there. If I want to read anything they say I have to toggle them on/off or hope someone quotes them at some point. The activity there has dropped way off and quotes are rare. Recently I just don't bother.

There's a huge difference between someone like Dddd, the guy who says he has been arrested in his home state more times than he can remember, and the ones who sprays political rhetoric everywhere. Different reasons to ignore, different places to ignore. I'd like to see this fixed as well.

I still have this opinion, there are still lots of reasons to ignore someone, the ignore button is still a tool, that tool is still broken. It worked just fine before something changed, I'd still like to see it fixed and working the way it did before.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I still have this opinion, there are still lots of reasons to ignore someone, the ignore button is still a tool, that tool is still broken. It worked just fine before something changed, I'd still like to see it fixed and working the way it did before.

This exactly. It'd be nice to have the forum work the way it is supposed to. :dunno:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Either ignore them or don't. Why quibble? :dunno:
    I don't technically ignore anybody; some I just don't respond to. Works fine for me. Who do you have on ignore, because apparently it isn't me, surprisingly enough.
    I ignore the old way, I don't read posts.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    This exactly. It'd be nice to have the forum work the way it is supposed to. :dunno:

This has been in my head for a while. INGO has seen some major changed this past couple of years, and more than just the sale to Texkev. I don't view the sale as a negative thing really, but it has caused some changes. I love to see the perks, like the give aways, that he puts up for site supporters. I know he owns several other sites as well and I've joined a couple of them to see what they were about. No real complaints and they are nice places as well. One of the things I've noticed about here though is the site seems to be more clinical and business oriented instead of organized fun & friendship oriented. Again, not necessarily a bad thing, but different.

I still think the classifieds should be more restrictive but I understand that's a huge membership draw and will never happen. They were originally designed as a perk for contributing members. They've lost all perk status now.

In the past I used to be able to count on the political section for good advice and knowledge on candidates. This past cycle has changed all that. The entire section is nothing more than a free for all pit. I don't venture in there for any reason and am ashamed of what it's become compared to what it used to be years ago. Sure, there was some fussing then, but nothing like the garbage that goes on now.

Runners, one liners, classified squatters, bad tempers, unread post pages that are crammed with nothing but stuff for sale, broken forum features, etc. My INGO presence has decreased quite a bit compared to what it used to be. I've been a site supporter for a long time, my membership is up at the end of May this year. I don't live in the classifieds so I don't really need the extra PM space. I'm not sure if I'll be renewing or not at this point. If I had to make the decision today I would say no. Until that day actually comes, I'm watching the forum to see if it will be worth it or not, we shall see.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK fellas. Lets look at all of this objectively.
    This site is ran on an old and hardly supported format. It is creaking along as best it can. Some of the plug ins are just no longer supported as V-bulletin is old news lust like windows of the same era. To make some of this work would possibly require a format change. I am aware you all do not see this but I do. I am sharing this with you above my better judgment.

Angry, you just do not seem to much like this place anymore. Thats really to bad but this is not going to change back to the magic you seem to miss. Things change. Membership changes. Ebb and flow changes. People come and people go. Some come back. New names pop up all the time.
    How do you suppose this will all just poof back to 3 years ago pre sandy hook. The entire world has changed since then.

I guess I am asking you to either get into the flow of what the forum is or tone down the negative. It serves no real purpose. If something is broken report it. If something irritates you report it.
    You and I spoke of these very things at AllenM's. I had hopped you would understand.
    I am truly sorry we no longer offer what you are looking for.

If it hurts you this bad............well.......do I actually have to say it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom