• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Canik SF and SF Elite are also available in the One Series that has only one mag. These One series are available at $300 and frequently for sale at $250 which is just an unbelievable value.
    The Ruger SR series has been reissued and it is priced pretty much like the Caniks, $300 everyday price and $250-280 on sale. I think the SR9 is better than the Security 9 and has 17 round mags.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I'm waiting to hear from work whether or not they will approve the canik, if so that's the route I think I'm going with so I have a second option. If not I'll probably just get a g2c which is on the company's approved list (why it is but the canik isn't yet is ridiculous in my mind) but would just be a range gun until it proved its self. Even then it would only serve as an occasional concealed carry, never a gun for work. Again I'd like to thank everyone for their honest input.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Was very tempted on the Stoeger but decided to get a used HK VP9.

If i cant find one decent shape/price.....buy new.
    Kinda takes it out of budget realm....but is what it is.
    After Xmas should be some deals

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    No brainer, G2C. My buddy has 2 of them and I'm very impressed with them. Shoots well, we were ringing steel at 80 yards with it fairly easy.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Canik SF and SF Elite are also available in the One Series that has only one mag. These One series are available at $300 and frequently for sale at $250 which is just an unbelievable value.
    The Ruger SR series has been reissued and it is priced pretty much like the Caniks, $300 everyday price and $250-280 on sale. I think the SR9 is better than the Security 9 and has 17 round mags.

I rely on my Ruger SR9c and have thousands of rounds through it. The trigger is nice and crisp and it is a gun that is comfortable shooting 7 to 50 yards with. Options are a 10 round mag and. 17 rounder, rail on the front for a small light too.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    The canik is my absolute favorite cheap gun, followed by my ruger 9e. I would have zero hesitation buying them again. Heck they are shooting way above their price point.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I recently purchased a Walther PPS M2 for $299 incl. shipping, plus $20 transfer fee. I've heard they can be found for a bit less. It's a great little shooter for little $$.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    The canik is a no go for work so I'll either look at a g2c or security 9. Leaning towards a g2c because there is already one in the house so mags would be interchangeable.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The canik is a no go for work so I'll either look at a g2c or security 9. Leaning towards a g2c because there is already one in the house so mags would be interchangeable.

What kind of work? Sounds like you are looking for a duty pistol of some sort? I have a G2c and really like the little thing, but I would not consider it for use as a duty pistol.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    What kind of work? Sounds like you are looking for a duty pistol of some sort? I have a G2c and really like the little thing, but I would not consider it for use as a duty pistol.

Yep, armed security so I have to stay with a company approved gun at work and prefer to use it as an edc also. I already have a few but nothing I like carrying in the full size 9mm department. Gunna go with the Taurus g2c and after it proves it's reliable I'll use it for those days my gp100 is not easily concealable enough.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yep, armed security so I have to stay with a company approved gun at work and prefer to use it as an edc also. I already have a few but nothing I like carrying in the full size 9mm department. Gunna go with the Taurus g2c and after it proves it's reliable I'll use it for those days my gp100 is not easily concealable enough.

I had a G2C and I fired over 1,000 flawless rounds through it. I cleaned it lubed it then did my 1000 round test. Russian steel case, Winchester white box, hornady American gunner XTP HP, 90gr reloads that were shooting 1357fps out of its 3" barrel, 124gr RMR HP, and Berry Hybrid HP. Preformed well. I shot it this summer fall and last winter so it does well in all temperatures. It was really dirty at the end of the test but it functioned fine. I don't think you will go wrong with a G2c. I suggest you run 500 rds through it as soon as you get it then test the Defense ammo you will carry at least 100rds.
    Also you can use Mecgar P226 18rd mags in them.
    https://grabagun.com/mec-gar-mag-sig-p226-9mm-18rd-afc.html

Then put a sleeve on that looks and works great for that mag and the G2c.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Taurus-PT111-G2-G2C-Magazine-Sleeve-Mag-Grip-/153117493048
    I no longer have it a friend wanted it and my set up. I think I'll get another one it was a lot of fun.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Who is this gun 'approver' that's going to rate a Taurus as gtg but not a Canik?

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    Shoot Point Blank has the G2 on sale at almost give-away prices right now thru 12/24. $165 with rebate. Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with SPB except spend my money in there.

[edited: Hey, Marv, didn't see your post before I posted mine. :):]

khayden65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    United States
    Looking into buying a budget (under 300 new) 9mm gun. It will not be an edc, mostly just a cheaper range gun and if it proves reliable might get some concealed carry time occasionally. I'm currently looking at a g2c, a g3 and a bersa bp9cc. I have tried an ec9s and did not like how small it felt. There is currently a g2c in the house already but it is the woman's. It has been reliable through 700ish rounds. The trigger is not smooth but it works. I have held a g3 and bp9cc but have not shot either. Any input from people who own one of these or another that would fit in this category would be appreciated. Thankyou:ingo:

Ruger SR9c, Rual King had them on sale last week for $259. purchased one a SR40c back in 2012 and paid close to $600, great reliable gun!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Duty Gun?

That means a different world that’s a weapon that used to protect others property and possibly lives.
    That list doesn’t include names like Taurus and Ruger.
    I have been bucks down before but it’s different if your getting paid to carry a weapon it’s part of your kit.

S&W
    Beretta
    Glock
    Sig
    FN
    Walther
    This is the names of carry pistols for duty use and a single stack pocket pistol is not a duty gun smallest would be a compact double stack.

Top Bottom