• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Yeah like some responders, I am
    a bit confused on the desire for a cheap range toy in addition to a duty weapon.

Sounds like an opportunity to consolidate uses. May I suggest upgrading the duty weapon to an HK VP9 or Glock 45? Both well proven for duty and a pleasure at the range. It is best if your range time is on your duty weapon.

I don’t understand the desire for a smaller, cheaper below-duty-grade range toy.

Spend your extra $ on Trijicon HD sights for your duty / EDC pistol.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I think you are looking for a little 9mm for personal carry. Throw in the extra coin and pick up a Sig P938. Most have Trijicon sights.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    With the priced of reputable used guns, I see no reason to buy new if your primary goal is saving money. I've seen many "used" guns in pawn shops and gun shops that were obviously never fired.

Get the better pistol for less buying used.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    View attachment 82445
    Well I finally decided. I got a new Taurus G3. Taking it to the range next Sunday so I'll report back on ot then. It feels good in the hand, the trigger is smoother than the g2c we have and the mags will also work in the g2c but not the other way around.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Put 300 through the g3 yesterday and it was great. No malfunctions, decent trigger especially for the price point, comfortable to shoot, positive mah ejection. I'm very happy with it and if it continues to perform well it will have a roll as a carry gun some days

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Step by step guide.

1) make a top 3 list. Based on cost, color, caliber, keychain attachments etc

2) slowly set aside money while trying to make up mind on step 1

3) by the time you have step one semi-figured out, you’ll have enough to buy all three

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Step by step guide.

1) make a top 3 list. Based on cost, color, caliber, keychain attachments etc

2) slowly set aside money while trying to make up mind on step 1

3) by the time you have step one semi-figured out, you’ll have enough to buy all three

Ooh color... I forgot to consider looking for one in a pretty color. Bought the g3 in all black already but I now know I should trade it in for a purple and stainless when that comes out. Guess I wont use a local forum to see what opinions and experience members have about products as part of my decision making process anymore.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012

Ooh color... I forgot to consider looking for one in a pretty color. Bought the g3 in all black already but I now know I should trade it in for a purple and stainless when that comes out. Guess I wont use a local forum to see what opinions and experience members have about products as part of my decision making process anymore.

Have to agree with your color coded comment. INGO has some experts in choosing SALMON colored guns.

Top Bottom