• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Carmel going all-in on body cameras, with the help of some federal grant money.

I don't think it'll be all that different for CPD. They were an early adopter of in-car camera technology (not exactly voluntary, but let's set that aside) and have kept pace with new tech in that area.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, that Homeplace area could get interesting, politically. Tony Green got saddled with it for his district and Matt Milam lives there.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I've met Matt many a time... he truly cares about the area and I hope he wins a seat.

I actually know both of them - Green more than Milam. I honestly can't remember how I met Matt, but it was years ago. He is kinda a Homeplace native and cares about it. (Where's he actually from, though? I grew up in Carmel, even lived in Homeplace, and don't remember him going to school there.)

Clearly, the districts were drawn such that the mayor doesn't care who wins there. He knows its going to mostly vote against him anyway.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ah, maybe I met him through my cousins, then.

Seems a decent guy.

My time at the City overlapped with the early part of the annexation. I remember talking to him in those days, and it was always pleasant.

Well, between him and me it was. :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Carmel going all-in on body cameras, with the help of some federal grant money.

I don't think it'll be all that different for CPD. They were an early adopter of in-car camera technology (not exactly voluntary, but let's set that aside) and have kept pace with new tech in that area.

If you listen really closely, you might be able to hear the moans of disapproval coming from roll call.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Carmel PD has hit the ground running... The "community service" officer was tagging derelict vehicles in Home Place today

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Fred Glynn's messaging in his campaign for mayor of Carmel echoes a bunch of what Rick Sharp said. I'm not convinced the audience is any more receptive now than they were then.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well this looks like an interesting development. Glynn (Brainard's Challenger in the GOP primary) is alleging Brainard's campaign offered him $140,000 to drop out of the race.

https://fox59.com/2019/03/28/bribery-allegations-involving-gop-leaders-rock-carmels-mayoral-race/

Glynn told FOX59 that at a meeting February 3, his campaign manager met with Jim Brainard’s veteran campaign consultant Allan Sutherlin and County Party Chairwoman Laura Campbell where a $140,000 bribe from the mayor’s campaign to Glynn was discussed to convince the challenger to drop out of the May 7 primary election.

“There was a guy who was supposed to be representing me in that meeting. His name is Dan Hennessey,” said Glynn. “He went to discuss polling numbers. He came back and said he saw the polling numbers. It didn’t say anything in the polling numbers but he said that they were willing to offer me $140,000 in campaign cash to not run in the mayor’s race.”

Brainard won his first race for mayor in 1995 and has been reelected ever since.

“They just said they thought their polling numbers were good. They would win anyways,” said Glynn. “(Brainard) would have to spend that money anyways in the primary so he might as well just give it to me so he wouldn’t have to deal with it, that’s what I was being told by Hennessey.”

At the time of the alleged offer, the Brainard camp was showing $142,000 cash on hand in its most recent campaign finance report while Glynn claimed $28,000 one year ago though the Hamilton County Councilor has raised $80,000 overall in his race.

Glynn said despite pressure from Hennessey, he turned down the offer to step aside only to be surprised when less than a week later his campaign manager decided to change teams.

“Six days later he asked me for a meeting,” said Glynn. “I went and met with him and he said, ‘I’m sorry but I had to do it,’ that he was going to work for them, they offered $40,000 to work for them and they’re paying it to him in four $10,000 installments.”

Hennessey refused comment when contacted by FOX59 and referred all questions to the Brainard campaign as did the mayor’s office.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "Hell hath no fury to that of a woman scorned."
    - Mayor Brainard

The next couple weeks could be very, very interesting.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    "Hell hath no fury to that of a woman scorned."
    - Mayor Brainard

The next couple weeks could be very, very interesting.

Whatever this refers to hasn't filtered through to the Northern Indiana news media. Guess they are too infatuated by Mayor Petey.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Whatever this refers to hasn't filtered through to the Northern Indiana news media. Guess they are too infatuated by Mayor Petey.

Google "Brainard Pauley" and there should be several links to very recent coverage.

Basically, the mayor is having a #metoo moment, 2 weeks before the primary, involving a woman with whom the dalliance was likely mutual at the time.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A few years ago I attended a networking event and Mayor Brainard. He was joined by several women I can only describe as "interesting." Based on their alcohol consumption they seemed to be enjoying themselves. They weren't exactly shy about making physical contact with the mayor either.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A few years ago I attended a networking event and Mayor Brainard. He was joined by several women I can only describe as "interesting." Based on their alcohol consumption they seemed to be enjoying themselves. They weren't exactly shy about making physical contact with the mayor either.

Sounds consensual, which is whatever.

It does bother me that this is being spun as some sort of harassment, when the actual relationship, based on what I've heard from sources I consider reliable, was also consensual.

Fred Glynn may profit from the mayor's predicament, but so far I think he's doing a good job of staying out of the way on this.

Top Bottom