• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Only the ones where race was filled out? A traffic ticket for a moving violation can turn into an arrest warrant if it is ignored. Is filling out race optional on traffic tickets in this state?

There's so much more to this story. Population, by race vs tickets may seem to indicate one thing, but Carmel actually becomes the 3rd largest city in Indiana M-F, 9A-5P. Lots of people of color work, but don't live, here. CPD also uses a is scan system, where you simply scan license/reg, which has probably been in effect for the past 6 or 7 years, so race would be include on those, while previous ones maybe/maybe not. The guys and gals at CPD, at least when I left are completely conscious of the nonsense reputation they have over a ridiculous situation years ago, and are proactive to avoid it... but they still do their damn jobs, and well at that. All I can say is that officers are pissed, about that piece, and are looking to the admin to stick up for them. We'll see I guess.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    There was a department they did a study on a while back, can’t remember where. They tried saying they were racist because they ticketed more blacks. Turns out more blacks were speeding through that area. Everything isn’t about race or racist.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There was a department they did a study on a while back, can’t remember where. They tried saying they were racist because they ticketed more blacks. Turns out more blacks were speeding through that area. Everything isn’t about race or racist.

I gently pointed this fact out on the facebooks. So many people just couldnt wrap their head around how this limited data set doesnt tell the whole story. I even referenced the fact that more men are in prison than women, does that mean fewer women are arrested, or is it that more men commit crime? Crickets.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There's so much more to this story. Population, by race vs tickets may seem to indicate one thing, but Carmel actually becomes the 3rd largest city in Indiana M-F, 9A-5P. Lots of people of color work, but don't live, here. CPD also uses a is scan system, where you simply scan license/reg, which has probably been in effect for the past 6 or 7 years, so race would be include on those, while previous ones maybe/maybe not. The guys and gals at CPD, at least when I left are completely conscious of the nonsense reputation they have over a ridiculous situation years ago, and are proactive to avoid it... but they still do their damn jobs, and well at that. All I can say is that officers are pissed, about that piece, and are looking to the admin to stick up for them. We'll see I guess.

This.

Although, the direct information I have is stale at this point, there has long been an awareness within CPD of the reputation, so steps were taken and internal controls established to make sure it wasn't an institutional problem.

There are many layers to this issue, and the simple thing to say is "Carmel is racist" because it brings eyeballs to websites and TVs.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Mayor Brainard has instituted a 9pm curfew in Carmel.

What. The. Everlasting. ****.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hogsett did the same for tonight. 9 pm to 6 am.

Indy makes total sense to me, given the actual damage caused.

I guess the Kohls on Michigan (most people don't even think of that as Carmel) got busted into over the weekend.

MAYBE there's some specific intel for tonight. But I seriously doubt it.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    100% guessing here but
    -it wouldn't take but a little graffiti to cause a lot of expensive damage to all the things Brainard is proud of. monuments, architecture...

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Isn't brainard the guy who keeps getting picked up for DUI in City cars?
    Or am I thinking of someone else?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sounds like you need a good smackin' for throwing this out there without specifics. :p
    :)

I'm not the only person on here interested in Carmel, so I'm kinda hoping if someone has more info than me, they'll post it while I wait and see what else I find out on my side. :D

Top Bottom