• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I have my Surefire P2X Fury (500 lumens) in the console of my car at all times, complete with a second set of batteries.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I never leave home (seldom walk around my home) without my Surefire E2D LED Defender. Having a nice light is handy and can be a life saver.
    What has amazed me is how much I actually use my flashlight since I started carrying it. Especially as I get older and my eyes need more light to see well.

Flashlight and knife are both necessities that I only started carrying since I joined INGO.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What has amazed me is how much I actually use my flashlight since I started carrying it. Especially as I get older and my eyes need more light to see well.

Flashlight and knife are both necessities that I only started carrying since I joined INGO.

Well played.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I carry two. For defensive purposes I carry a Powertac Lance pen style light that has a crenelated bezel with high/low, 384/22 lumens settings. The first click from off is the 384 lumens so I don't have to concern myself with choosing the right mode when I need a quick blast. The light is actually about 6 inches in length so it fills the hand quite nicely like a kubotan would.
    theshorelinemarket_2384_681542001

The second one is for multi-task purposes. A Nitecore MT2A which has multiple lumens settings. Both run on 2 readily available AA batteries.

theshorelinemarket_2384_93227140

JadedGrunt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I carry a Surefire Fury (500/15 lumens) in a Surefire Speed holster on my belt, next to the spare mag pouch on my left side. It can light up a pretty big area bright as can be, and can disorient people but some are more sensitive to it than others, although I figure the guys who look into it just blind themselves anyway making it harder/impossible to use sights on a weapon at the very least. But yeah, whenever my weapon is on my hip the torch is too, and the weapon's always on my hip. I'm glad the situation didn't get retarded, guy will never know how lucky he is that he didn't approach you guys with the weapon.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I carry a Surefire Fury (500/15 lumens) in a Surefire Speed holster on my belt, next to the spare mag pouch on my left side. It can light up a pretty big area bright as can be, and can disorient people but some are more sensitive to it than others, although I figure the guys who look into it just blind themselves anyway making it harder/impossible to use sights on a weapon at the very least. But yeah, whenever my weapon is on my hip the torch is too, and the weapon's always on my hip. I'm glad the situation didn't get retarded, guy will never know how lucky he is that he didn't approach you guys with the weapon.

That's for sure. We all talked about it the next day. For a moment, when he was digging in his trunk, I really did think I was going to get shot at. Glad everyone went home that night.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'm gonna do a little shopping, but for now I have a couple lights I can use, I just want something smaller.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I really need to pickup a light. I keep one by my bed but i need one on me. This week at work the power went out in the middle of the night and i had to lead people out by cell phone.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I really need to pickup a light. I keep one by my bed but i need one on me. This week at work the power went out in the middle of the night and i had to lead people out by cell phone.

Your office doesn't have emergency exit lights? Pretty sure that's against building code.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For those who are realizing they need a light, but don't know what they want, Unkie Rhino is here to help:

You want one of these two:

Fenix PD35

Fenix PD35 Tactical

Unless you want rechargeable. Then you want this: Fenix UC35

The UC35 is essentially the same light as the PD35, but with a rechargeable battery and a built in micro USB port for charging it. It is slightly longer than the PD35.

You're welcome!

Oh, and you want to get then using the links above from The LED Warehouse, an INGO advertiser who provides excellent customer service. Use the code INGO for a 10% discount.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've always told myself that I should carry a light. I know I should, and I had something happen last night that made me actually do it.

I went out with some friends and my girlfriend last night, we had dinner at Texas Roadhouse. (I'm a fan of Logan's, my buddy wanted me to try Texas, definitely not going back. Steak was mediocre, potatoes sucked.) We met up at my friend's house, and rode together.

Anyway, it was a long day, and we went out late, and we returned to my friend's house and talked for a bit. It was about midnight, and my other friend and the GF and myself were about to leave. We got into our vehicles and were about to leave. He was parked behind me in the driveway, so I was waiting on him to back out so I could get out. As we were getting into our trucks, we noticed a man pull up in the neighbor's driveway. The friend behind me was watching him, and I noticed the guy was carrying a baseball bat. He walked to the front door, and started knocking pretty hard with the bat. The friend behind me called me, and we were both watching this guy, phone in one hand, gun in the other. The man then hit the windows with the bat, not hard enough to break anything, but he kept hitting the windows and yelling for the occupants to come out.

Then he looked at us, and walked back to his car. He put the bat in his backseat, and walked to the trunk. Then he looked right at me, and pulled something small out of the trunk, and held it waist level right in front of him. He looked back at me, and my friend behind me couldn't see what he was getting, and my first thought was it looked like a handgun. I told him I thought it was a gun, and then the man got back in his car, and backed out of the driveway. He pulled up on the curb kind of blocking in my friend's truck, and started yelling at me, telling me that it was his cousin's house, and not to get involved. I cracked my door and looked back at him, gun in my hand, ready to go. I told him he needed to leave, and that we weren't involved. I just wanted to make sure he wasn't going to do anything stupid.

He eventually drove off, and then came flying down the street in the other direction. My buddy still had his G26 in his hand, I had holstered my 19. My GF was carrying a G19 as well, but she never drew it. My other friend was at his front door, and we told him what happened, and that he needed to keep his gun close. Then we all left.

Now, fortunately that was then end of that, but damn, I wish I had a flashlight on me! I carry a 600 lumen Terralux on duty, and I have some Olight and Surefire lights, but they stay at home. No more! I didn't want to approach this man, but it would have been nice to light him up while he was on the porch, and confront him verbally. He didn't know we were armed, but I bet he would have left sooner if he did. Who knows, any number of things could have happened. I really thought he was going to fire some shots at us. One drunk versus three competent, trained people would have yielded pretty good results.

The friend who lives there talked to the neighbor this morning. He says it is indeed his cousin, and he gets drunk and does this from time to time. Some family!

I am now carrying a tac light wherever I go. I urge all of you to do the same. Whether or not I would/should have used it is of little important. It would have given me more confidence, and that can make a difference.

Stay safe.
    Confidence for what? Getting shot at?
    Why talk to the idiot at all?

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    For those who are realizing they need a light, but don't know what they want, Unkie Rhino is here to help:

You want one of these two:

Fenix PD35

Fenix PD35 Tactical

Unless you want rechargeable. Then you want this: Fenix UC35

The UC35 is essentially the same light as the PD35, but with a rechargeable battery and a built in micro USB port for charging it. It is slightly longer than the PD35.

You're welcome!

Oh, and you want to get then using the links above from The LED Warehouse, an INGO advertiser who provides excellent customer service. Use the code INGO for a 10% discount.

Thanks Unkie Rhino!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    So, OP, I must've missed where in your story where someone contacted the local LEO...

Please tell me that someone had enough brain cells to do this?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    i keep a 185 lumen flashlight in all my vehicles, and I take one with me when i wal the dog in the dark. And yes, I carry. Given my current neighborhood, I woulnt feel safe if I wasn't.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    There are a couple of AAA penlights that are just amazing.
    This one:
    Nitecore MT06 LED Penlight - 165 Lumens - CREE XQ-E (R2) LED - Runs on 2x AAA Batteries
    Its 32 lumens on low and 165 lumens on high.
    I found that 32 lumens is really pretty bright to use for absolutely everything so
    I now carry this one.
    Sunwayman P02A Penlight - With CREE XQ-E R2 LED - Uses 2 x AAA Batteries
    It's still 168 lumens on high but only 12 lumens on low which is much more agreeable for close up work than 32 lumens
    YMMV, that's why I listed them both.

With a flashlight the size of an ink pen, you will never have an excuse not to have it on you and it will be there when you need it.
    AND it uses ubiquitous AAA batteries to make things even better.

Top Bottom