• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They do, they are just weak and there isnt enough of them to really light anything up. Lots of big rooms and the power went out before dusk so people stayed. Batteries began to die in the emergency lights when it became dark.

yeah, the lights are to guide you out. Not to let you work longer.

Yep
    Indiana law requires emergency lights to stay illuminated for 90 minutes minimum.
    I know, because I have to test this annually where I work, an annual required test.
    I'll be shutting off lots of circuit breakers next month for this one. ;)

Um... the red button on the bottom? Its a test button. You push the button and it interrupts the power circuit and makes the batteries kick in. (and light up) Unless you need to do a runtime test. But to my knowlege, you only need to test annually to make sure they light up, and replace batteries every X years. I think. Though I work for a company that sells/installs them, Thats not my line of work. I could be wrong.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    AAR: You CAN use a sub-100 lumen light in a low light shoot situation. At least out to 15 yards. but I am sure I would have been good up to 25.

I had the pleasure of joining Coach for his low light shoot tonight. Instead of taking my sure fire torch, I shot with my EDC; a puny 66 lumen Coast HP2 penlight to see just how effective it would be. Worked great. target lit up well, no problems. (outside of my technique) While I wasnt frying the bad guys with an intense 600+lumen beam, I could see the target clearly, and had they been looking my direction couldnt see crap due to the glare.

I feel better about my EDC choice. (feel free to carry what works for you)

Top Bottom