• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Don't tell her that! The idea might spread and then we'll have a nation of women in big, baggy shirts!

Not quite a whole nation of women... in one of the billion articles I've read over the last two days, I saw something that said 41% of women in the country have access to a firearm. So only half of us wil start wearing big, baggy shirts. ;)

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Pami, I carry in a custome made purse. Just knowing it is there makes me very aware of where my purse is but in the winter there is another option.....I use a really nice shoulder rig that makes the firearm and spare magazines disappear when I slip on a jacket or sweater. Since I am older and rounder than you (darn it) in the summer I use an inside the waist holster with a shirt untucked.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Make Lars carry is HK strong-side and a Sig P239 on each ankle! Then plan to hit the deck and go for his right ankle in an emergency!

lol

*Lars thinks to self* "OK Lars, shoot and move, shoot and move..."
    *Pami* "COME BACK HERE!"

lol

At least he would lose weight with this new 'ankle weights'.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    AnnieOakley: good call on the shoulder rig.

One thing I forgot to mention is what you carry. My mom carries a snub Airweight .38 Special IWB in a custom made holster (steel clip over the belt and a motorcycle chain link on a snap for a thumb break) on the appendix with a shirt/blouse pulled over the top. I have to admit I carried her rig on occasion back when I was in college, and it was very very comfortable and easy conceal. On her it is just as comfortable and easy to conceal... granted her style of clothing does not include tight t-shirts, nor is she an anorexic model (~5'6" and ~160#).

One more: a pancake holster strong side behind the hip. Might work great with a jacket, especially for longer waisted women.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I'm still trying to figure out the best way to CC my Browning.

2nhm686.jpg

Oh! That is SO cute!!!:rockwoot:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Pami , don't know if it would be something that might interest you or not, Kel-Tec's P3AT has a holster that you wear around your neck.
    The P3AT is a nice little gun.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Pami , don't know if it would be something that might interest you or not, Kel-Tec's P3AT has a holster that you wear around your neck.

Pami? Giving up her Sig for a Kel-Tec?! I think we'll see pigs fly first. :lmfao:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I agree about the Kel-Tec's, They are what they are, but they can serve a purpose in your arsenal, small, lightweight, not a big pricetag, The most important thing is that the gun works when you need it to, and except for a couple of FTE at first both of mine have worked when I pull the trigger. While they're not my gun of choice I won't have a problem carrying either if I needed to. There's also the Ruger LCP.
    Never would I suggest that she give give up her Sig. for a KT, for a Glock yes, KT no.

Last edited:

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Pami, I have a friend who does leather work. She can make anything and it is always beautiful as well as functional. If you decide you want a carry purse she can build the "holster" to fit whatever weapon you want.....ok, guys maybe no AR's but just about any handgun. Let me know if you are interested and I will try to get a rough price for you.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I agree about the Kel-Tec's, They are what they are, but they can serve a purpose in your arsenal, small, lightweight, not a big pricetag, The most important thing is that the gun works when you need it to, and except for a couple of FTE at first both of mine have worked when I pull the trigger. While they're not my gun of choice I won't have a problem carrying either if I needed to. There's also the Ruger LCP.
    Never would I suggest that she give give up her Sig. for a KT, for a Glock yes, KT no.

One thing my Kel-Tec P11 is good for is reducing my ammo bill. If I only take it to the range, I'll go home after firing 30 rounds. Just too much pain! :)

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    One thing my Kel-Tec P11 is good for is reducing my ammo bill. If I only take it to the range, I'll go home after firing 30 rounds. Just too much pain! :)

Thats how I am with my P-F9, but for what I got it for it works, I did put a rubber sleeve on the grip and it seems to help somewhat with shooting.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL

Ya know, I've tried that set up, and as a 6'2" 240lb male, it hurt my neck and it looked like a had a 380 on under my t-shirt. I can't imagine how it would be comfortable with any type of ...ummm...how should I say...BREASTS.

However, I still carry a Kel-Tec as a secondary gun most days. It's in a pocket holster for now, and I just had Hoffners make me a support side holster for it - but I'll be sending that back for some adjustments before it becomes a day-to-day carry method.

Top Bottom