• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It would have a bigger impact in his thought process if it was on a game day, as soon as possible. After school will get his parents attention.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oops. I meant detention. An hour to sit and think about it.

I'm closer to the grave than I am to my high school days but unless things have changed, detention is a joke. An hour to put your head down and go to sleep. I never did detention though, because I was pure as the driven snow. (Or maybe I just didn't get caught)

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Maybe I'm just feeling more curmudgeonly than usual tonight. This story just really pissed me off.

It's concerning because you know he can do better with some guidance or self reflection. You haven't given up on him like the kids that go around shooting cops and you don't worry about turning them around because they're already gone. Be stern and keep them in line. Don't mother them, father them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think weve become a bunch of softies in society today. This was NOT right and I am not defending it in any way. But like I said, no one was raped. Words hurt. Words can suck. Kids are learning they can basicly hault the world if they feel wronged or stressed anymore. But reality doesnt work that way. It only works that way if your story sells ratings.
    Brush it off and move on. Someone elses words do not make you less of a person nor will they make you fail unless you allow it to.
    Threats, those are different. But names, and cruelty like this? Wrong, but not criminal. This is a teaching moment and they are kids who are still learning. We are adults, so we are perfect and have all the answers right? ;)

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    If that would have happened when I was in high school, I guarantee my coach would have had the kid running laps while the game played on.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If that would have happened when I was in high school, I guarantee my coach would have had the kid running laps while the game played on.
    Yep same here. On the team or In the audience, it wouldnt have mattered. Our couches were some of the strictest teachers and you did what they said. So either run laps or there would be hell to pay the next school day I promise.
    I'd take the laps. Then it would never be spoke of again and guess who would never do that again?
    No news coverage, no huge public outrage.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Some interesting comments in the comment section of the article. People are upset at this kid for making fun of the player, yet they are calling this kid lard ass and obese morn etc?
    Kid Rock school of irony. Call for civil behavior immediately followed by an insult.
    We are so far gone that people don't even see the irony in their own behavior anymore.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    After a full and complete beat down, he needs to be forcibly volunteered for some hospital grunt time.
    Learning humility after a heaping dose of compassion might do him good.

Punk! :xmad:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Don't know why but this song popped into my head reading this thread.

[video=youtube;6mGBWeUyC04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mGBWeUyC04[/video]

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    so... kids there are saying they did NOT know he had a seizure disorder and are denying anyone said "have another seizure"

could be an interesting he said-she said

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Right? Is that confirmed?
    As "confirmed" as anything reported in the INdystar is I suppose, although it looks like it was the picture of another player with the same last name's mother. Either way, if you if going that far in looking up personal stuff on your opponents, it doesn't look good for your side of the story.

The video is pretty bad no matter how you slice it, unless he was flopping around like that when others were shooting.

Top Bottom