• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Check out the Elite Tom before you pull the trigger, the TP9 is very nice but for the few extra bucks i would grab the Elite.psyko

Thanks to your advice, I checked one out at the LGS and was so impressed I ordered one. Not sure I'm a huge fan of the full sized slide on compact frame thing, but the trigger was very nice and I'm looking forward to getting it in and giving a range report. For anyone who is thinking of one, here's where I picked mine up:

https://grabagun.com/century-arms-arms-tp9sf-elite-9mm-15rd-tung.html

No idea if there's any restrictions on this code or not, but they sent me this for free shipping a few days ago and I just used it: PPERLL-9DM-7NU-1U6. No idea if it'll work more than once, but if so, it's good for ~28 more days.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I would like to find out the difference or advantage the "SFX" has over the "SF".
    After I returned my SF to Century for trigger safety problem.
    the trigger was beautifully smooth.
    Problem the range IDPA matches will resume until the end of the month.
    so I only had one chance to put it through it paces.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I would like to find out the difference or advantage the "SFX" has over the "SF".

I believe the only difference is the safety which i didnt want on mine.

The SFX is a long slide and comes red dot ready with 4 mounting plates.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    The SFX is a long slide and comes red dot ready with 4 mounting plates.
    I just installed an ADE Advance Optics Huracan Green Dot on an SFX. (just trying a budget dot to start with) It mates up with the Canik supplied mount no problem. I did have to shave off a bit of the front lower plastic switch button housing for clearance. I actually thought that I would have to take off more and compromise the housing that the rubber button sits in but I did not. I don't know how the ADE will hold up but it is cheap enough for trying a dot out. I don't like that the dot has to be removed to get to the battery but with the 4 locating posts I don't think re-sighting will be an issue. Now I just have to dial it in and try it out.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Yeah, the SF Elite S is the Elite with the trigger block safety. The SFX is the long slide 20rd competition ready pistol.
    17333675_717295745123782_8264696153400934400_n.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah, the SF Elite S is the Elite with the trigger block safety. The SFX is the long slide 20rd competition ready pistol.
    17333675_717295745123782_8264696153400934400_n.jpg

Is there much difference between the two? Shooting I mean. I know there are obvious physical differences between the two. I just wondered if the shooting performance was similar. I love my Elite... :yesway:

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I was thinking, I want to go buy another gun, this could be worth a look. Wish I didnt need 50 posts on here. I saw a gun I want...:(

this is a gun forum not just the classifieds...we welcome you and your thoughts on a vast range of topics. Share and the 50 will be finished in no time!

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Is there much difference between the two? Shooting I mean. I know there are obvious physical differences between the two. I just wondered if the shooting performance was similar. I love my Elite... :yesway:

Would love to know the answer to this as well, looking at getting an SFX for Production...I plan to shoot my Elite on Saturday!

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    They shoot pretty much the same, both are very smooth. I think the Elite is a little better balanced. The extra weight of 5 more rounds makes the SFX seem butt heavy when fully loaded.
    I didn't notice much difference in the triggers even though the SFX is supposed to have a 3.5-4 lb trigger out of the box. My Elite is well broken in so maybe after more SFX break in I'll have a better comparison of the triggers. The extra inch of barrel makes the SFX a little more stable.
    Its odd that the trigger safety blade on the Elite doesn't hardly protrude from the trigger but the SFX blade sticks pretty far out of the trigger.
    I really like both guns but I don't think there is a big difference between the two as far as actual shooting. I think the ability to mount a red dot directly to the SFX's slide is the big feature difference that makes it worth buying.
    I'll be interested to see what others think.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    My SFX started out with the too stiff recoil spring issue. It ran 124 grain fine but choked on 115 grain. I locked the slide back for 4 days and haven't had a bit of trouble through the next 800 rounds. I contacted Century on July 3rd for a rumored replacement spring that wasn't as stiff. Since the problem had been resolved I'd forgotten about my order. Got home today and had the new recoil spring on the porch. I'd give Century Arms a C+ for customer service. It took 25 days from order to delivery but no charge for the new spring.
    It will be interesting to try the new recoil spring and see whether it really is softer or if they just sent me the standard spring and there isn't any softer version.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Would love to know the answer to this as well, looking at getting an SFX for Production...I plan to shoot my Elite on Saturday!
    I'm having a blast shooting in open division with an optic on top! Just learning to use the optic and how to target the steels. I think shooting it this way is teaching me some new things.

Top Bottom