Change My Mind, The Push For Electric Vehicles Is About Control...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Also, the existing power grid can barely stand up to a hot day in the summer and now folks want to transfer all the energy expended on the roadways to that same grid...and they want that power to be produced by avian slaying pinwheels and sun tan absorbers. That future is dark.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    We are being pushed to zero emissions based on feelings rather than thoughts or facts.

The only way to independently transport yourself is with a horse or an ox (or your own feet I suppose). Until we get cellulose fuel cells up and running, that is pretty much your only option. Cellulose, because running on plant material is really the only viable independent energy option.

As others have stated, HC fuel requires massive infrastructure, as does most electric power. Solar and wind make such small amounts of power that it is laughable for transportation needs. It will power your LED lights, and tech gadgets in your house, and solar energy does a better job of making hot water than electricity, so you could heat it as well, but that's about all you'll be able to do.

Once again, it's just math. 2 + 2 is never going to equal 200, which is the dream.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'll be on board with electric vehicles when I decide they make sense to me- full stop. For the way I use a vehicle, electrics are not ready for prime time. For me, politics, the environment or how the neighbors view me have 0% with how I decide what vehicle to buy. It's all cost to me will it work for what I need it for, and does it have the features I want.

I've made this (almost the same) statement to others in conversation. When I can drive as far as my bladder can hold out, completely re-charge in the time it takes me to go to the restroom, and the batteries last 250,000 miles at at least 98% capacity, I'll gladly buy one.

But the greenies will not wait around for technology and the markets to naturally arrive at this point. They have a long established practice of making expensive energy seem cheap by making cheap energy expensive.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :coffee:

Now it's Tuesday, and we still don't have enough coffee. Beside, GFGT is right, I got work to do.

Doesn't sound like you actually wanted your mind changed.

Bless your heart, you must be new here. ;)

Bicycles FTW. That's all I got. Maybe horses, too. Let's get Trump to restart that buggy whip industry.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've made this (almost the same) statement to others in conversation. When I can drive as far as my bladder can hold out, completely re-charge in the time it takes me to go to the restroom, and the batteries last 250,000 miles at at least 98% capacity, I'll gladly buy one.

But the greenies will not wait around for technology and the markets to naturally arrive at this point. They have a long established practice of making expensive energy seem cheap by making cheap energy expensive.

I'm totally stealing that

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    :coffee:

Now it's Tuesday, and we still don't have enough coffee. Beside, GFGT is right, I got work to do.

Bless your heart, you must be new here. ;)

Bicycles FTW. That's all I got. Maybe horses, too. Let's get Trump to restart that buggy whip industry.

The simple answers start to fall apart upon detailed examination. Had a friend that rode 10k a year on his bike in all weather, he had no car or even a license, so the bike was his transportation to work and grocery etc. Wonder what the carbon footprint of all that additional food he ate would be versus a car? He ate near 6k in calories when he was riding a lot.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Less than that of a [STRIKE]fat slob[/STRIKE] typical American who also eats 6k calories but doesn't exercise, because he uses his calories more efficiently. Typical American eats that much and still drives everywhere, so no offsetting decrease in carbon footprint for replacing driving with cycling/walking

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ever seen JJ Watts 9,000 calorie diet? Good lord!!

The typical GC guy in the Tour de France rides 100 to 200 miles per day, every day for 21 days except for two rest days, often up and down slopes averaging from 6 to 9 degrees for thousands of feet of vertical gain. They generally are around 2 lbs per inch of height, eat 4 to 6000 calories per day, and lose weight during the contest (often as much as 8 to 10 lbs)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The typical GC guy in the Tour de France rides 100 to 200 miles per day, every day for 21 days except for two rest days, often up and down slopes averaging from 6 to 9 degrees for thousands of feet of vertical gain. They generally are around 2 lbs per inch of height, eat 4 to 6000 calories per day, and lose weight during the contest (often as much as 8 to 10 lbs)

*Doing math* Well crap. I'm not overweight, I'm just too short!

Top Bottom