• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Not sure why you are trying to justify the price hike. Since the bays have been added, I've *never* had a problem finding an area to shoot at MCFG. No one is being deprived.

I never claimed I agree with it. I'm merely trying to *understand* why they might have done it.

I'm not yet a member; that requirement to attend a board meeting is difficult to meet when one travels for work. But my dad is a member, and I've gone to shoot with him several times (always paying the guest fee). I would like to join, so I would like to have an understanding of the policy direction of the board.

Personally, in the little experience I have with the club, I don't see any justifiable reason to double-charge members. I've never been to there when the range has been full. I've been there several times where we were the only ones there, or were among fewer than a half-dozen shooters.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    As far as I know no current board members have responded to this thread.
    I suspect that they would prefer not to discuss club policy/business on an open forum (rightfully so).

Club members are not being double-charged.
    The training businesses pay the $10 fee per person for the training business's use of club facilities.
    Most of the training business have been paying the $10 fee per person for quite some time.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The training businesses pay the $10 fee per person for the training business's use of club facilities.
    Most of the training business have been paying the $10 fee per person for quite some time.

Filed under: "They must think their members are stupid"?

If the club charges the trainer a per-person fee, do you think the trainer just pays that fee out of his own pocket - you know, out of the goodness of his heart?

Economics 101. The fee is passed from the service provider to the customer. Otherwise, the service provider goes out of business.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    I have no idea what the board thinks.
    My apologies to the board if my speculations have caused them any discomfort.

Once again, I have engaged in the discussion too long,
    and find myself exchanging dialog with someone who is not even a club mamber.
    I can't blame that on anyone but me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As far as I know no current board members have responded to this thread.
    I suspect that they would prefer not to discuss club policy/business on an open forum (rightfully so).

Were announcements made to the membership in advance of this proposed change?
    Was this change voted on by the membership?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I have no idea what the board thinks.
    My apologies to the board if my speculations have caused them any discomfort.

Once again, I have engaged in the discussion too long,
    and find myself exchanging dialog with someone who is not even a club mamber.
    I can't blame that on anyone but me.

And because I'm not (yet) a member, my questions and concerns are irrelevant?

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Now I am "hoist on my own petard".
    I should not have disrespected you.
    I apologize to you for doing so.

Fortunately, this issue will be addressed elsewhere by others.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Now I am "hoist on my own petard".
    I should not have disrespected you.
    I apologize to you for doing so.

Fortunately, this issue will be addressed elsewhere by others.

No disrespect taken, and I'm happy to hear that the issue will be addressed.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I was not informed, and I'm the most important member I know. :)

I was only a club member for a few years and not currently. I'm likely not worthy of answer to this, in an open forum anyway.
    After all, past members and this forum has had nothing to do with MCFG's success, correct?

Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway

In the past, the $10 fee only applied to non-members (guests) that attended a training class.
    Instructors that I have used always advertised their training class on their web site or INGO, and always
    included a statement that non-members would be requried to pay a $10 guest fee.

I thought this was a very reasonable policy for both the club and the guests.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Is this the normal SOP for clubs? I've been on several boards and this is not the SOP. If you want to know what is going on come to the board meeting. The board was elected to run the club, if you don't like the direction than vote with your feet or run for office.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I am a member and have also taken several of coaches classes there. I will be asking why the change in policy once I get the contact information (the club website is not up to date yet).
    Coach provided valuable training at the club but there is a rift/tension between him and the board hich is a shame. Now it will be a loss to the club as his classes brought new people into the sport and the club itself.

I will be asking the new Club president why the change when his information becomes available.
    I will also be asking if Friday night steel will be required to pay an additional $10 per session, trap, Appleseed etc. etc. since this would be in line with the new policy. Not that I want this to happen but it would need to happen to be fair a cross the playing field.
    Similarly any classes taught there by Dee Benett or Chris Pope would have to be subject to the new $10 per person (member or not) daily fee.

It looks like everyone looses here, or at least everyone who is trying to get training, increase their safety awareness and improve as a shooter!

100% of the "profits" goes to the club from Club run events, can't say the same for none club events.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Funny thing is when I was on the board members complained about the range having too many classes and not available for member use. These members wanted the range exclusively for member use. I find some of the comments and innuendos that the board had some nefarious agenda bit over the top.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...The board was elected to run the club, if you don't like the direction than vote with your feet or run for office.

I did that exactly a while back, my friend. You likely remember the conversation?
    Your candor was appreciated then, as it is now. :yesway:

Top Bottom