• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll be adding the Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40-Watt Range to my EDC, just as soon as it's invented.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    doddg, glad you're happy with it. Lovely carry gun IMO ... just didn't work out with my hands quite as well I'd have liked. Me and the ol' Shield -- which has Talon's in the skateboard-like texture on it -- still toolin' along together.
    When the stay-at-home order is lifted and things get closer to normal -- hopefully! -- I'm thinking about a couple more .22LRs ... a S&W Performance Center Victory for a new pistol and maybe a Thompson Center Performance Center TCR22 for a new rifle.
    Feel like burnin' through some little bullets.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    doddg, glad you're happy with it. Lovely carry gun IMO ... just didn't work out with my hands quite as well I'd have liked.

The first time I fired a 365 over a year ago, I lost control and spent $300 more than what I had in my perfectly good Shield to buy one. :dunno:
    I know what you mean about fitting with your hands.
    I once had a Walther that I was grateful to get and lately a little Sig 938 & thought I'd keep forever, but my hands said otherwise.

Me and the ol' Shield -- which has Talon's in the skateboard-like texture on it -- still toolin' along together.

The Shield 2.0 is even better, from my experience.

When the stay-at-home order is lifted and things get closer to normal -- hopefully! -- I'm thinking about a couple more .22LRs ... a S&W Performance Center Victory for a new pistol and maybe a Thompson Center Performance Center TCR22 for a new rifle.
    Feel like burnin' through some little bullets.

You can't go wrong with "a couple more .22LRs." :rockwoot:
    Just 2 days ago I talked with a member here about their SW Performance Victory in the classifieds.
    I didn't get it b/c recently I "stole" a Browning Buckmark Camper from a member with a Tactical barrel & flat trigger, which I surmised with my eyes would be as accurate.

I've had 3 Victorys, two I picked up for $300 & $325, and the last was one bought from a member with 5 mags, red dot & trigger work ($400), that he'd used for Steel Matches.
    I should have kept the last Victory, since I love the different flavors of multiple .22LRs.
    I've spent "days" so far in the garage & shed with more to come: not a good range substitute. :laugh6:

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    You can't go wrong with "a couple more .22LRs." :rockwoot:
    Just 2 days ago I talked with a member here about their SW Performance Victory in the classifieds.
    I didn't get it b/c recently I "stole" a Browning Buckmark Camper from a member with a Tactical barrel & flat trigger, which I surmised with my eyes would be as accurate.

I've had 3 Victorys, two I picked up for $300 & $325, and the last was one bought from a member with 5 mags, red dot & trigger work ($400), that he'd used for Steel Matches.
    I should have kept the last Victory, since I love the different flavors of multiple .22LRs.
    I've spent "days" so far in the garage & shed with more to come: not a good range substitute. :laugh6:

Truly, if I'm standing when this thing is over, I'm going to make a whole lot of empty brass.
    I think I've run out of gear to clean & organize. Need some trigger time.

marksman1023

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2019
    Columbus
    I haven't stuck firmly to this rule, but especially after the recent shenanigans, I'm done selling guns unless I absolutely have to. There's a few reasons for this.
    1.) I've previously sold a perfectly good carry gun to get a "better" carry gun that turned out to have reliability problems. An RMA label solved that problem, but there were definitely some self-administered kicks to the posterior over that one.
    2.) I've had at least one great idea on how Gun B was better than Gun A not go my way.
    3.) I can't tell you how many people have suddenly Seen The Light thanks to Coronavirus. This has prevented me from making some planned acquisitions as well as driven me to help some folks acquire some things. It would have been a hell of a lot easier to do so if I had held on to some of my "eh, I don't really need this anymore" sales for a rainy day.

Anymore I now look at my gun safe not only as a toolbox or collection but as a rainy day savings account all its own.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Truly, if I'm standing when this thing is over, I'm going to make a whole lot of empty brass.
    I think I've run out of gear to clean & organize. Need some trigger time.

I still have more targets to "organize" into levels of usability until every possible space on them is spent.
    At the rate I'm going, I'm not needing to buy additional targets for perhaps years and then there is the large stack paper plates I bought for "emergencies" that I learned to do from posts on INGO. :laugh:
    I did take the time to paint some front sights on three .22LR pistols with coats of white florescent gun sight paint so I can actually see the front sight.
    :dunno:
    Some or all will get coats of red paint over the white if needed, but most of that depends on the color of the bullseye that I'm shooting at.

I haven't stuck firmly to this rule, but especially after the recent shenanigans, I'm done selling guns unless I absolutely have to. There's a few reasons for this.
    1.) I've previously sold a perfectly good carry gun to get a "better" carry gun that turned out to have reliability problems. An RMA label solved that problem, but there were definitely some self-administered kicks to the posterior over that one.

When it comes to CC, I started with a less expensive revolver (which would have been fine) & the same with a semi-auto (which needed replaced).
    I have no regrets about any CC I've sold b/c I'm thrilled with what I ended up with & CC are just "tools," but it is fun to have a tool you really love.

2.) I've had at least one great idea on how Gun B was better than Gun A not go my way.

Been there & done that, & have ended up buying some of the brands I've sold, over again.
    I had to learn what a member told me: keep what you enjoy shooting, not just what is the most accurate: lesson learned.
    There is a correlation between the two variables (joy & accuracy), but not always.
    I've sold a gun I really liked b/c of accuracy but the magazines were irritating to load, even after buying a new magazine that did the same. :ugh:
    Life is too short.
    :D

3.) I can't tell you how many people have suddenly Seen The Light thanks to Coronavirus. This has prevented me from making some planned acquisitions as well as driven me to help some folks acquire some things. It would have been a hell of a lot easier to do so if I had held on to some of my "eh, I don't really need this anymore" sales for a rainy day.
    Anymore I now look at my gun safe not only as a toolbox or collection but as a rainy day savings account all its own.

I'm learning some of the same things.
    I enjoy buying a gun just to try it out, some I keep, most I sell for the next thing.
    I now am looking back at a very few that I wish I would have kept.
    In fact, I recently rebought the same models in .22LR: S/W, Ruger & Browning.
    Humorously, I have even bought the same gun that I'd owned before, but didn't realize it at the time. :)
    Hey, it came back to me with an upgraded barrel & trigger so I win.
    :lmfao:

Jozenbau

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Wabash
    I did that recently with an AR15 I had sold. I knew it was the same one but it came back with more goodies than before, more ammo, and I paid less to get it back. Sold it again to someone else for even higher. Win-win-win

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You, sir, have won the buy sell trade game. That's priceless!

I had bought different guns from this member (sold a 2-3) over the past 3 yrs., and I didn't remember selling that model to him. :dunno:
    After I had pmmed him saying, "I'll take it," later when setting up a time for pick-up, he reminded me that I'd sold the gun to him. :scratch:
    I thought it was hilarious:rofl:b/c I'd forgotten I'd had a 5.5" barrel of that model & I only remembered the 7.25" barrel I'd had & regretfully sold.

I did that recently with an AR15 I had sold.
    I knew it was the same one but it came back with more goodies than before, more ammo, and I paid less to get it back.
    Sold it again to someone else for even higher. Win-win-win

You got me beat: you are the newest winner of the "buy sell trade game." :laugh:

Roadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2019
    Nashville
    I try to keep the one I am replacing. Someday I might have a use for it. If I need money to buy something new and I need to sell a gun to get it, I guess I can’t afford it.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    This feels like a rabbit hole question. Potentially a lot to unpack. Personally, I’d never change to much from a proven reliable system I’d chosen previously and trained with previously.

that being said, everyone’s determination of “minor change” vs “major change” is up to them. Someone trained with manual safeties may not want a Glock and vice versa, Grip angles, sight style, malfunction clearing needs, familiarity, speed, sharing parts and function with others?.... there’s too much to really unpack here.

as far as getting rid of past carry load out... NO. If anything it’s possibly the best backup you could ask for. In even a justified shooting, your carry load will get confiscated, that’s when your “backup” returns to service.

Jozenbau

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Wabash
    Well I’ve went against some suggestions to go along with some others. Some said sell the kimber. I am. But I will replace it with one or two more p365. I’ve acquired a couple other platforms lately that I can add to the collection. They will also be for sale as someone comes along looking but they will always be replaced with something else.

Top Bottom