Charlottesville Thread by Popular Demand.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I'll ask you again, since I told you that I am also tired of the "FSA." Would I be welcomed within the group we saw today, and accepted as an equal?
    If you are speaking of the KKK,I would assume not .They are not the only people there,imagine that.If you only follow the MSM,I understand how you could be lead to believe that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you are speaking of the KKK,I would assume not .They are not the only people there,imagine that.If you only follow the MSM,I understand how you could be lead to believe that.

I did not mention the KKK. So for the THIRD time I'll ask, since I told you that I am also tired of the "FSA." Would I be welcomed within the group we saw today, and accepted as an equal?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This sounds like an endorsement. No seriously, it does.

Now that I have had time to think about it some more, this is an example of something that exacerbates the issue. The fact that I described the scene as I am observing it without tripling the amount of verbiage I used in form of copious condemnations on the KKK means I endorse the KKK. If you were to post something regarding the reasons why people who would otherwise not be likely candidates were drawn to NoI or the Black Panthers, I would not consider the lack of a soliloquy of condemnation to suggest that you endorse either or both.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I did not mention the KKK. So for the THIRD time I'll ask, since I told you that I am also tired of the "FSA." Would I be welcomed within the group we saw today, and accepted as an equal?
    Considering the police are clearing the hate groups from the park as we speak,the later rally"Unite the Right" would be your best bet.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Now that I have had time to think about it some more, this is an example of something that exacerbates the issue. The fact that I described the scene as I am observing it without tripling the amount of verbiage I used in form of copious condemnations on the KKK means I endorse the KKK. If you were to post something regarding the reasons why people who would otherwise not be likely candidates were drawn to NoI or the Black Panthers, I would not consider the lack of a soliloquy of condemnation to suggest that you endorse either or both.

Neither the NBP nor the NOI has any attractiveness to me concerning joining. Even if they said something that I may agree with, I know their overall ideals and they are distasteful. That's enough for me to steer clear of, and not give them a positive word out of my mouth.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Neither the NBP nor the NOI has any attractiveness to me concerning joining. Even if they said something that I may agree with, I know their overall ideals and they are distasteful. That's enough for me to steer clear of, and not given them a positive word out of my mouth.

I see. I failed to effectively communicate my original point. I wasn't talking about people accepting their ideology or really having any common ground. I am seeing a lot of potential for growth through in an 'enemy of my enemy is my ally' sort of way.

I would emphasize that this is one of the biggest dangers of massive scale polarization, people joining groups they don't necessarily agree with out of fear.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    So you can't give me an answer. I don't think my question was that difficult.
    DO NOT associate with the hate groups you saw earlier today.One group who is at the " Unite the Right" is he Sons of Confederate Veterans.They will welcome you.You only have to prove that you had a relative who served honorably in the CSA. Genealogical records will be sufficient,along with the relitives name,and rank and division helps.The phone no. Is 931-380-1844.and ask for Carl.I hope this helps.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Am I the only one who has zero idea what the demonstration is even about?

I think Charlotteville was considering the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue, which ironically, was in a place called "Emancipation Park." I'm not 100%, but the park's name may have been changed recently to what it is now,

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    DO NOT associate with the hate groups you saw earlier today.One group who is at the " Unite the Right" is he Sons of Confederate Veterans.They will welcome you.You only have to prove that you had a relative who served honorably in the CSA. Genealogical records will be sufficient,along with the relitives name,and rank and division helps.The phone no. Is 931-380-1844.and ask for Carl.I hope this helps.

The scheduled Speakers for the Unite the Right Rally:
    -Tim Treadstone AKA "Baked Alaska"
    -Richard Spencer
    -Michael Hill
    -Mike Enoch

So how exactly does one not associate the rally with racists with the above guys giving keynote speeches?

What images come to mind when you see this video? The production value is excellent, and it's crafted to invoke the past.
    [video=youtube;098QwsPVHrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=098QwsPVHrM[/video]

NSFW: Baked Alaska on the ground during the Torch March
    [video=youtube;aU29iI94x5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU29iI94x5I[/video]

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Yes, and it will as long as it is more acceptable for Louis Farrakhan to call for extermination than it is for some other folks to get pissed off about having their park renamed and their statues removed.

Not disagreeing but unfortunately the founder of the birther movement still has a problem strongly denouncing the KKK. The both sides thing he referred too just doesn't get it.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    -Richard Spencer
    -Michael Hill
    -Mike Enoch

So how exactly does one not associate the rally with racists with the above guys giving keynote speeches?

What images come to mind when you see this video? The production value is excellent, and it's crafted to invoke the past.

You forgot to mention David Duke being present and endorsing Trump's dream. He may have not been an official speaker but he was present. What the h*** is he doing there?? Yeah, Ok no racist overtones there.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I think Charlotteville was considering the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue, which ironically, was in a place called "Emancipation Park." I'm not 100%, but the park's name may have been changed recently to what it is now,

You know that was recent. Most certainly wasn't the original name.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I don't see how KkK is now alt-right :dunno:

still seems mimitant left to me

I forgot exactly what Steve Banon was quoted as saying with regards to the alt right, but yeah seems like if the KKK isn't the alt right they're not that far off.

https://www.adl.org/education/resources/backgrounders/stephen-bannon-five-things-to-know

http://www.latimes.com/nation/polit...t-right-a-refresher-1479169663-htmlstory.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/steve-bannon-and-the-alt-right-a-primer/

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't see how KkK is now alt-right :dunno:

still seems mimitant left to me

I don't know why people keep harping on this "KKK" thing, as if in order to be a racist, you gotta be a member. Racists don't need organizational affiliations to be racists.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    -Richard Spencer
    -Michael Hill
    -Mike Enoch

I will not be drawn into your fishing net my friend.You asked for a welcoming group.I gave the only one who is there that I know is there.Chum on ....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom