• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Now I see why the left protests them so much.

My pastor's daughter has lived her whole life with heart issues. Now in her 30s she NEEDED a new heart. (she got as low as 25% function) With God's will, a compatible donor came up a couple weeks ago and now after a couple off and on periods she is doing amazing. She is on high doses of Prednisone, (a steroid) and one of the side effect can be extreme emotions and anger. Basically "roid rage". However, just like they say alcohol doesnt make you an a-hole, it just brings out the true you, it is doing the same for her. Well, lets just say she is the sweetest, kindest lady deep in her heart.

She is insisting on being obnoxiously thankful and praising God at every possible moment. She will tell her story to anyone who comes in and share the beauty of God, and often will ask her mom (our pastor) to pray over the person right then and there before they go. :): Some people are mean drunks, I would have to assume she would be a happy drunk.

As part of this "rage" she insisted that the family needed to buy lunch for the critical care staff as a thank you for all they have done, and called CFA herself to put in an order to feed the floor. And of course in her roid rage, she tells the manager why she is doing it and how wonderful they are for saving her life, and of course how God has watched over everyone during this time.

Her dad dutifully goes to the restaurant to pick up lunch, credit card in hand to pay the $200 bill. Can you believe what they had the nerve to do!?!?!

THEY WOULDNT LET HIM PAY AND INSISTED ON GIVING HIM THE FOOD FOR FREE!!!! I mean, the NERVE of some people! :):

The manager explained that they appreciated the gesture, and knowing it was the patient that wanted to do this and more importantly why, they insisted on giving it to the family for free because "Its what we do."

Amazing. All the way around.

:yesway:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Great story glad she was able to receive a new heart. May she live a long and happy life.
    I know several great people who have worked for CFA at some point and it definitely had an impact on their lives. A family I knew well as a child owns the CFA on Southport Rd, truly awesome people. Now I want a chicken sandwich and waffle fries

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So how much Prednisone are YOU on? :):

In 02 when diagnosed with Non Hodgkin's lymphoma (and given a stop watch with very limited time in it) part of the treatment process was called CHOP which was 4 serious drugs in a cocktail. The "P" is Prednisone and yes, it will put you in a higher orbit. Intense.
    But it worked.....:)

Prayers and positive thoughts outbound.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Big thumbs up for Chick-fi-a, prayers inbound.

Gotta drive 45 min to get Chick-fil-a in Lafayette, always packed, well worth it. We have a Culver’s 20 min away (yes we live in the middle of nowhere) every bit as friendly as C-F-A and a wider selection, great ice cream. Culver’s is pretty awesome.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Been through 2 ohs and somewhat familiar with the big P side affects. This little girl rocks, could not ask for a better outcome for her. A for CF. Very good people. This story gave me a serious case of the warm fuzzys. A to St Vs also. Wish there were more people like CF and St V, this country would be a much better place.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm fine with the woke-crowd avoiding Chick-Fil-A, they can go get a bowl of grass and I'll have a shorter line for my spicy chicken and waffle fries.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Awesome on chick-fil-a! Was there last night, and the line was around the building, had my order taken, food handed to me, and headed home in under 10 minutes. They have the best people.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    This post 100% made my day! Praise God and Thank You Chic-fil-A! Thank You to OP for posting!

You ok if I copy/paste your post on Book of Faces?

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I think I will stop reading any more internet for the rest of the day. Can be only down hill from here.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This post 100% made my day! Praise God and Thank You Chic-fil-A! Thank You to OP for posting!

You ok if I copy/paste your post on Book of Faces?

Copy/paste? I prefer you dont. The snark is calibrated for INGO and wouldnt carry over well to FB. But if you would like to share the story and reword it, you are welcome to.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    My mother works at Chik-Fil-A. She had a customer call in and complain that she was being too personable. I‘m not kidding.

Once had a boss receive a similar complaint about me.

He said "you sound too friendly on the phone and they were worried you were a solicitor, can you not be so friendly?"

My response "you want me to be less friendly and helpful to our customers?"

Probably one of the most ridiculous conversations I've ever had.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Been through 2 ohs and somewhat familiar with the big P side affects. This little girl rocks, could not ask for a better outcome for her. A for CF. Very good people. This story gave me a serious case of the warm fuzzys. A to St Vs also. Wish there were more people like CF and St V, this country would be a much better place.

The country is full of good people and organizations like this. These types of things happen everyday, we just don't always hear about them. Media and politicians don't like to highlight these acts because they make money and gain power through sowing division and pessimism and fear.

Top Bottom