• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I will say one bad thing about chick fil a, I eat a lot more fried chicken than is healthy because of them.
    I dont like their fried sammitches anymore. But I do find the grilled are especially good.

If dipping waffle fries in honey roasted BBQ sauce makes me a monster, I don't want to not be a monster.

I just go for the waffle fries. They are awesome.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The country is full of good people and organizations like this. These types of things happen everyday, we just don't always hear about them. Media and politicians don't like to highlight these acts because they make money and gain power through sowing division and pessimism and fear.

The other reason these stories are suppressed is that it shows that Individuals and private companies can do good things. The politicians and Media want all people totally dependent on the government.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The other reason these stories are suppressed is that it shows that Individuals and private companies can do good things. The politicians and Media want all people totally dependent on the government.

Another excellent point.

A good discussion related to that in this Dave Ramsey clip.

[video=youtube_share;Zs8x9t7Zc9E]http://youtu.be/Zs8x9t7Zc9E[/video]

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Everyone knows the “pickle juice” is actually a ingredient from satan that makes the chicken irresistible!

I am not saying that the owner signed a pact with satan but how did they get so popular?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I once heard a comedian say that he loves Chik-Fil-A so much that he'd punch a baby to have them open on Sunday. I suspect he's not the only one willing to pay that kind of price.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Honestly why can't more restaurants figure this formula out? Paying a decent wage, be good people and your business will thrive. Who isn't willing to spend and extra dollar or two for their meal if this is what it means?

Are you kidding, you like the Christian approach?

BTW when I read this the first time, it got dusty. The second time, I read it aloud to my wife, Broke up 3 or 4 times, not to worry the tears washed away the dust.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I dont like their fried sammitches anymore. But I do find the grilled are especially good.

I just go for the waffle fries. They are awesome.

Now this is good to know. I've never been to a Chik Fil A but now I might have to try it. I like fried chicken, but in a sammich, I prefer grilled. :yesway:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Everyone knows the “pickle juice” is actually a ingredient from satan that makes the chicken irresistible!

I am not saying that the owner signed a pact with satan but how did they get so popular?

I've been a regular at the Southport Chick fil A for YEARS, I honestly believe that "Gay Day" was the turning point for that company. So many people turned out in support of CFA that day that created a momentum that was so overwhelming that it just can't stop.

Honestly though as much as I love their product and service I believe that Wendy's chicken sammich is a superior product! If they could figure out how to duplicate those evil waffle fries and CFA mayo I'd never darken CFA's doors again.

I'll wait for the hate.:flamethrower:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    They do absolutely amazing things. They open on Sunday after disasters and donate tons of food and time.
    I've been to the one in NWI, and as others stated, it's been full each time, yet I get my food, order is correct and on the way in under 10 minutes. I have even drove by other places and those customers are still in line waiting to be seen.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And the hatred is unending. There was an article out there claiming that CFA has the nation's worst drive thru overall, with the longest wait. Really? If that is all you can complain about, you are really grasping at straws.

And I call Shenanigans. I can get through a full(10 cars in line) CFA drive thru in about the same time as a virtually empty (3 cars ahead) Steak N Shake.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    And the hatred is unending. There was an article out there claiming that CFA has the nation's worst drive thru overall, with the longest wait. Really? If that is all you can complain about, you are really grasping at straws.

And I call Shenanigans. I can get through a full(10 cars in line) CFA drive thru in about the same time as a virtually empty (3 cars ahead) Steak N Shake.

Seen a LOT of shuttered SNS's lately and a LOT of packed CFA's. Don't have to be Steven Hawkings to do that math!:)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been a regular at the Southport Chick fil A for YEARS, I honestly believe that "Gay Day" was the turning point for that company. So many people turned out in support of CFA that day that created a momentum that was so overwhelming that it just can't stop.

Honestly though as much as I love their product and service I believe that Wendy's chicken sammich is a superior product! If they could figure out how to duplicate those evil waffle fries and CFA mayo I'd never darken CFA's doors again.

I'll wait for the hate.:flamethrower:

Since we're in trouble-making mode . . . I'll add this: when they are freshly fried, Wendy's burgers are better than Five Guys. There. I said it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Seen a LOT of shuttered SNS's lately and a LOT of packed CFA's. Don't have to be Steven Hawkings to do that math!:)

Rumor has it Steak n Shake is in serious trouble and may not survive much longer.

I used to take the kids there a lot, but have ditched it all together. The last half dozen times we went to SnS the place was filthy, ridiculously understaffed with the meal taking over an hour. The staff that was there clearly didn't want to be, and put no effort into the job or even trying to be personable or friendly. This is not isolated to a single location either.

The last straw was hearing one of the servers loudly and openly complaining to co-workers about the "mf'ing cheapskate" who didn't leave a big enough tip. Every third word out of her mouth was a cuss word and she was cursing and complaining for more than 10 minutes right in the dining room in front of my kids (both under age 8).

I worked in the restaurant biz for close to 20 years. I would have fired her on the spot for that nonsense, but in this case there was no manager to be found so I could even let management know about our terrible experience.

We go to Culver's now when we want steak burger type food. It's more expensive but the food and experience is soooooo much better. People there are friendly and actually care about customers.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    CFA is great, I have let management and corporate know.

SNS is, see above. We were at the SNS in Avon and it was so bad, I was going to let corporate know right then. While using their wifi, I went to the SNS website, it loaded, but when clicking the contact us button, it would not load. Turned of wifi and used cell data and it loads right up. Switched back and forth several times and it will not load on their wifi.
    I let them know about that also. You know you have a problem when you blacklist your own contact us form.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    CFA is great, I have let management and corporate know.

SNS is, see above. We were at the SNS in Avon and it was so bad, I was going to let corporate know right then. While using their wifi, I went to the SNS website, it loaded, but when clicking the contact us button, it would not load. Turned of wifi and used cell data and it loads right up. Switched back and forth several times and it will not load on their wifi.
    I let them know about that also. You know you have a problem when you blacklist your own contact us form.

Yes, they are in trouble. I did find one good restaurant tho. Great people, fast service, awesome food. Difficulty level:15 minutes north of Nashville, TN. :):

And I too have found the restaurants around here severely lacking. Poor training and serious management issues. Not so mysteriously, all the shuttered ones are the ones I saw problems with. The current CEO is highly to blame. Things were going "meh" for them when he took over. You think Trump has an ego? Look Carefully at the signs. His name is on them! Biglari took a lukewarm business that was flatlining with no investor returns to speak of and changed the model, causing a moderate comeback. But now it has crashed and burned far worse than before he took over.

My last trip was two crappy experiences in one day/meal. On my way from work on the east side to Parabellum for a match. Stopped at the Southern plaza location. I had to hit the head so I went in expecting to put in my order, pee, and grab it drive and eat. I stood for 5 minutes aas they did the repeated "be right with you!". FInally we had a line of people wanting to check out and finally somebody comes to run the register. He then proceeds to tell me he needs to cash out these people so they can be on their way. Customers even said "no, its ok, take his order, I am in no hurry." But he insisted. After 3 guests checked out and more kept lining up (all folks who got in line well after I was there) I had a few choice words for the cashier and about took the door off the hinges storming out. I was PISSED. But still hungry for their food.

OK, it was a fluke. So I stopped at the Plainfield site. Went in and the manager running the grill didnt even ack me. (must have been management because she was in business causual not the iconic black and white.) After several minutes of watching folks cycle thru the drive thru line, I got in my car and got in that line. IMMEDIATELY was greeted and he took my order. Got to the window and asked for the manager. The guy running the drive thru was the manager. (bad sign right there) I told him how I was ignored at the counter for almost 5 minutes. He apologized and proceeded to hand me the crappiest burger and cold fries I've had in a long time. Pretty sure the sandwitch had been nuked because the bun was steaming hot just like the patty.

Got online that night and told my story to corporate. No response.

Havent been back since.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Haven't been to SNS in years. I love their product, but they can be horribly, horribly slow. There's no reason they can't turn out dine-in burger orders in <10 minutes but many times it's closer to 45!! Their product is fine, their management and processes need serious serious help.

Chick Fila service and speed is beyond compare. Food is good, fries are awesome. They are often my rush-hour first-choice because I know they can handle the lines.

-rvb

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Haven't been to SNS in years. I love their product, but they can be horribly, horribly slow. There's no reason they can't turn out dine-in burger orders in <10 minutes but many times it's closer to 45!! Their product is fine, their management and processes need serious serious help.

Chick Fila service and speed is beyond compare. Food is good, fries are awesome. They are often my rush-hour first-choice because I know they can handle the lines.

-rvb

Wouldnt it be awesome if the Cathy family was able to buy out SNS and turn them around as the beef counterpart to their CFA chain?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Since we're in trouble-making mode . . . I'll add this: when they are freshly fried, Wendy's burgers are better than Five Guys. There. I said it.

Five Guys: a solid meh! They have a good simple formula that they stick to. It's repeatable day in and day out and uses fresh ingredients. Beefcake Burgers was so much better, unfortunately the franchise never really took off around here.

Top Bottom