• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WTF do we need to this in another thread? Don't we have another thread dedicated to fighting about masks?

I admire your tenacity, but you'll soon realize some people just don't give a **** about others if there's a slight inconvenience or the slightest hint of perceived tyranny. Explain it all you want, but most have locked into to their positions. (or at least the vocal ones here)

Even if you frame it as risk mitigation - "hey, wearing mask might reduce the likelihood of shutting down businesses." Nope.

Hey champ, staff will make those calls OK

OK you need to chill your jets AMIGO and right now. You bounce around like a ping pong ball in a lotto drawing poking the bear at every opportunity and it stops now get it. Now.

If you have something to ad in a civil manner then do it. I am getting pretty tired of all the :poop: stirring and pile poking from a few of you guys sop this is it OK.

Test me. Any of you. Please.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Wearing a mask for Corona is like trying to drain the Ohio River with a tea strainer. It gives you something to do, but effective?

You might as well mandate everyone light their farts to decrease greenhouse gasses...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's today: Sunday July 19th at The Indiana Statehouse 4-6p.m, 200 W Washington, Indianapolis.

Let's see... that's right at peak heating for today with the head index expected to be around 105. Surrounded by sun-baked concrete. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a rather low attendance.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Let's see... that's right at peak heating for today with the head index expected to be around 105. Surrounded by sun-baked concrete. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a rather low attendance.

That and based on the impression I’m getting from many here on INGO, the vast majority have decided it’s simply not worth fighting about. “It’s just a mask”.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    That and based on the impression I’m getting from many here on INGO, the vast majority have decided it’s simply not worth fighting about. “It’s just a mask”.

yep.....

just a mask........now.

wait for them to start tellin you the color.....

or the "approved" slogans......like personal license plates.......

and the spine-less IN gov. is gonna let some hack un-elected county health czar & crazy dem mayor be in power to control you!

no thanks....

I am at high risk... so is my wife.

I have managed & now stay out if places like Indy.

I simply plan accordingly....

YMMV

jhparsons78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I get it- I'm not a huge fan either. I see the other side in our hospitals and medical clinics. I don't wear one when I can stay 6 feet away or not in an enclosed space. But if I can't- I've got one on.

:chillpill:

Where did say anything like that? I've never made any such sort of statements, so stand down.

I'm sticking to my story from the beginning, that to act like wearing a mask in store is akin to a trip in a cattle car is just asinine.

Don't want to wear a mask? Fine. I really don't care - I'm not one of those people. But, quit acting like it's some terrible infliction to freedom.

Last edited:

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    there is not "magic distance"......

6 ft?? outdoors???

6 ft?? indoors????

I started work as as clinical chemist shortly after graduation from college....here in IN.

the company is no longer in business but was aquired by Quest Diagnostics shortly after heading back to graduate school.

I batched clinical chemistry reagents used by hospitals around the globe.

All reagents were filtered through a millipore filter system with selected micron filters.

the "masks" or so called masks do not even come close to preventing a
    virus from passing through tthem.

also, in addition to your respiratory system
    introducing the chinese virus into your body........

wait for it.......

your EYES, .... yes read it again.....

very quickly transfer air bourne chemicals & viruses into your body....

so. you cover ...

mouth

nose

what about your eyes????

2/3 of an effort & with sub-standard equiped masks was always a failure when I went to school..

YMMV

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Cloth masks don't help protect you from particles but they are effective in helping you avoid infecting someone else if you're asymptomatic. They significantly decrease the amount of particles that the wearers put into the air when they breathe or talk.

It's not about protecting yourself, but protecting everyone from you in case you're infected.

Those numbers go both ways, smarty.

10% reduction in breathing the particles out vs a 95% reduction in breathing the particles out.

You also need to shave so that the mask can seal against your face. If you don't, then it's a virtue cloth, and you're just asserting that you pretend to care about not infecting other people, as opposed to take actions to actually not spread the virus.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'll wear one if required for work, otherwise I don't and won't. I'm not responsible for the health and safety of others (any longer) and it I don't believe 330 million people should be inconvenienced for the sake of the few who are high risk. I also don't care what anyone else thinks about my lack of a mask, anyone making a remark will get a finger in response as I go about my day. I spent 26 years serving others, being restricted on what I could/could not say or do. I made my bones and I'm done, no apologies. If you're high risk and believe the BS then stay home and have others do your bidding, forcing everyone to help protect "you" doesn't seem to be a bother, why would it be troubling to have someone else do everything else as well?

At this point, if the media "reports" it or anyone I even remotely suspect is a liberal is panicking about it I won't be playing along. If it kills me, it kills me. At least i won't have to be around to watch the ****ing **** show this country has become though the thought of missing the opportunity to uphold the oath I've taken multiple times is kind of a bummer.

This post was not directed at anyone in particular.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Cloth masks don't help protect you from particles but they are effective in helping you avoid infecting someone else if you're asymptomatic. They significantly decrease the amount of particles that the wearers put into the air when they breathe or talk.

It's not about protecting yourself, but protecting everyone from you in case you're infected.

Better yet, since I'm not wearing a mask and you think there's a chance I might be infected, you could always stay away from me.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I'll wear one if required for work, otherwise I don't and won't. I'm not responsible for the health and safety of others (any longer) and it I don't believe 330 million people should be inconvenienced for the sake of the few who are high risk. I also don't care what anyone else thinks about my lack of a mask, anyone making a remark will get a finger in response as I go about my day. I spent 26 years serving others, being restricted on what I could/could not say or do. I made my bones and I'm done, no apologies. If you're high risk and believe the BS then stay home and have others do your bidding, forcing everyone to help protect "you" doesn't seem to be a bother, why would it be troubling to have someone else do everything else as well?

At this point, if the media "reports" it or anyone I even remotely suspect is a liberal is panicking about it I won't be playing along. If it kills me, it kills me. At least i won't have to be around to watch the ****ing **** show this country has become though the thought of missing the opportunity to uphold the oath I've taken multiple times is kind of a bummer.

This post was not directed at anyone in particular.

Sounds like he's out of shts go give, and I'm out of Rep...will someone please get him for me?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    giphy.gif

Top Bottom