• ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Boooooooooooo!!! :dunno:

Just kidding. I’m not familiar with his work, but there are so many qualified and GREAT smiths in the midwest, folks have a lot if great options depending on the type of pistol they are looking for in a custom.

I have been a nonstop follower of Dave Lauck since his cover of guns and ammo, back in like 06. When you had to get a rail custom fitted to a 1911 and free floating hand guards that weren't just tubes were like unicorns. Dave has been a major innovator. Without him and his vision back in the late 90's early 2000's the tactical market would look different than it does today. I agree on using local as much as possible and spreading the wealth between the good ones. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest you or allen for any 1911 work or custom builds. Your 2011's are sick.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    This is a crazy wormhole I have entered... I'm checking out the alchemy page..... :drool: It is taking everything I have to not throw my money at them.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Ok guys. Come on. I wasnt planning a buy until i bought our new house this spring. But :drool: i want one one with each comment.

Yeah, same thing just happened to me with a revolver. I was *supposed* to wait for after the Christmas holidays. "Supposed to wait" is the key phrase here.

Sometimes, it just can't be helped ya know!!! You have to follow your heart...

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I'm torn on the 1911 topic. I have a few. The first was a Kimber Gold Match II, which I love. It was a present from my father and it has a special place in my collection. Expensive yes, but it shoots great.
    Then about a year ago I saw a 1911 in the local gun shop. It was old, beat up, a Citadel. I asked to see it and it just felt good. Cheap! I got it for $200. I love that pistol. It has become my every day carry gun. The Kimber is in the safe, but the Citadel is my favorite shooting gun now.
    So you don't need to go expensive, just find what you like.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Yeah, same thing just happened to me with a revolver. I was *supposed* to wait for after the Christmas holidays. "Supposed to wait" is the key phrase here.

Sometimes, it just can't be helped ya know!!! You have to follow your heart...

Im like the Grinch.. Tiny tiny heart... But it grows with each gun

LARRY1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    i think the company is call coonan but they have a pair of 1911 made out of a metorite and they are available for abut 4.5 million dollars if that is unique enough? lol

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    i think the company is call coonan but they have a pair of 1911 made out of a metorite and they are available for abut 4.5 million dollars if that is unique enough? lol

I cant... Im not saying im superman, but there might be kryptonite in that meteorite.

Top Bottom