• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There seemed to be a general lack of communication between the two groups pf officers. The K9 officer went charging up to the suspect barking orders at him which conflicted with the ones the troopers had already been giving him. He didn't give the guy much of a chance to process what was going on either. It was like 30 seconds from the time the dog was out of the vehicle until he was released
    While it certainly added to the confusion, I think I would have paid heed to the K-9 officer's command to get on the ground who was closest to me with an intimidating K-9 chomping at the bit. He did choose to get on his knees but it was after the dog was released and everything was set into motion. Again, by that time it's too late.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I'd be VERY careful pulling a gun out whilst surrounded by a bunch of police. IT MIGHT NOT GO WELL... In Indiana, research IC 35-41-3-2, it could support such an action, depending on the circumstances.
    I don't think he was talking about shooting the dog, but another level of force.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Haven't caught up on the thread, but now that the officer is up for termination, how far have the goal posts been moved by the "he'll just say..." etc crowd?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    course diss GIF (GIF Image)

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Reprimand the officer to wherever it leads, charge the driver for his crimes, prepare for the lawsuit.
    If what he did is wrong, he should have been reprimanded. If he didn't, he shouldn't have been terminated. The optics say he was wrong and cleared.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Reprimand the officer to wherever it leads
    By this, I meant review it, see if it was good or bad or terrible, let the chips fall where they fall. Turns out they did review it and called it good. It went viral and they fired him instead of standing behind him. It smells like, yeah, we covered for you but now you have to go. We can't defend that.

Or, as someone mentioned, they may have been trying to prevent a protest.

Top Bottom