• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Don't worry about the class size. I think you will find that about 1/2 will drop out because of schedule conflicts. I know it's happened with me with redneckmedic's classes. : /

I'm in for this class as well. I think the idea of free classes are great. Nothing like sharing the knowledge to others.

Thanks

Chris08110

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Updates?

Just wanted to see if there were any updates on this. Also wanted to see what materials will be needed and if you had any ideas of the best places to buy. I Just wanted to get a jump on picking up supplies. Thank you for sharing your knowledge/expertise with us!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    im trying to find the place i can buy enough to supply a whole class, and not having much luck localy to do it affordably. still is cheaper than buying one for sure. The burlap is what i need and is all thats holding this up. If anyone knows where i can get a lot of burlap for cheap please let me know. even burlap bags is fine!! i will handcut it all and dye it myself. some of the prices ive come across are REDICULOUS!!!

my goal for this class is to keep the cost each person spends out of pocket to only $20 and a pair of BDU's, plus your own labor.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Just found this because I don't check this section often. I would be interested depending on date and time.

As far as burlap, what about checking feed stores and the like for some bags and stuff?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    thanks for the links guys!! we will have this rolling soon. as soon as i get the burlap, i will start working it into usable threads. we are gonna do this the right way 100%. theres no way you will get your suites completely done in the class, but you will have the foundation and the knowledge (and materials) to complete the rest after you leave. building a proper ghilie is a very time consuming process, and it will be a piece of gear you are proud of for a long time!!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Its not too late is it? I'd be interested. I have one that I started but haven't finished yet. I'd be interested in learning more tips and trick to help me out. I have the net and burlap already, and rather than BDU's I planned to get a thin flight-suit or a set of painter's coveralls to attach it to. Would that work as well?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Its not too late is it? I'd be interested. I have one that I started but haven't finished yet. I'd be interested in learning more tips and trick to help me out. I have the net and burlap already, and rather than BDU's I planned to get a thin flight-suit or a set of painter's coveralls to attach it to. Would that work as well?

not too late. im getting ready to purchase a lot of burlap now.

also you can use a flight suit. its all about preference. a flight suite will typically cost you more than a old set of bdu's. plus with the bdu's you can use just the top or just the bottom, or the whole thing. where with the flight suite your stuck with the whole thing all the time. thats why we used bdu's because it gave us more versatility and durability. up to you, but the class will revolve aroound the use of BDU's, so to follow along you might have to make on the spot adaptations.
    ive used both , but i feel bdu's are better

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Ranger,

I'm not sure if you zeroed in on the burlap, but just in case. Rural King has the Large burlap bags for (I think) 1.99 per bag. I bought two with the intentions of doing a suit, but got side tracked and then winter kicked me down.

Thought I would pass it along.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Ranger,

I'm not sure if you zeroed in on the burlap, but just in case. Rural King has the Large burlap bags for (I think) 1.99 per bag. I bought two with the intentions of doing a suit, but got side tracked and then winter kicked me down.

Thought I would pass it along.

Thank you. i found a realy good price on ebay, thanks to a fellow INGO member on here.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    yep your good. a date will be coming shortly when i get all the materials in hand and have them prepped. just a reminder to each person that attends. BRING YOUR OWN SET OF BDU's. I recomend a size up from what you normaly wear so you have room for extra clothes underneath. but if you cant find any then normal size will work.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have the net and burlap already, and rather than BDU's I planned to get a thin flight-suit or a set of painter's coveralls to attach it to. Would that work as well?

not too late. im getting ready to purchase a lot of burlap now.

also you can use a flight suit. its all about preference. a flight suite will typically cost you more than a old set of bdu's. plus with the bdu's you can use just the top or just the bottom, or the whole thing. where with the flight suite your stuck with the whole thing all the time. thats why we used bdu's because it gave us more versatility and durability. up to you, but the class will revolve aroound the use of BDU's, so to follow along you might have to make on the spot adaptations.
    ive used both , but i feel bdu's are better

I prefer to build off of a MOPP Suit with the liner cut out. I really prefer to use the newer J-LIST suits with the attached hoods... :twocents:

But, Ranger is right it is all about Preference. The mods from a two piece suit to a one piece suit are easy enough. What do you feel comfortable using?! :dunno:

jonkertb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Putnam County
    I signed in for this early on and am glad to see progress is being made towards a class date!!!! Can folks give me some ideas as to where is the best place to get a set of BDU's?
    thanks
    tom

l c gun guy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    That's cool you wana help out like that just wish I lived close to there if your ever up toward fort wane area look me up I got woods and shooting range you can use any time.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I signed in for this early on and am glad to see progress is being made towards a class date!!!! Can folks give me some ideas as to where is the best place to get a set of BDU's?
    thanks
    tom

Army surpluss stores are hit and miss but sometimes you get lucky. In the past I have seem them just stuck in boxes there and you would pull a brand new looking set out of the used section haha.

Id call around and see if any have any good condition used set's and then go and check them out.

Top Bottom