Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Yes big block.. he lives for the drag strip. I don’t remember what this motor is.. cool story is that this 69 nova was bought by his uncle new and was a drag only car. Uncle got old and it set for 30 years. Son in law bought it and has it back on the track again. I will get more information and pictures of his vehicles. He does great work and is passionate about it. He’s building a 87 monte ss for my daughter.. here is his chevelle and camper special he has. Better pictures coming View attachment 337225
    So it a guy wanted to simply show up to see how that Nova runs, where might he go?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    IMG_3986-X3.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yes big block.. he lives for the drag strip. I don’t remember what this motor is.. cool story is that this 69 nova was bought by his uncle new and was a drag only car. Uncle got old and it set for 30 years. Son in law bought it and has it back on the track again. I will get more information and pictures of his vehicles. He does great work and is passionate about it. He’s building a 87 monte ss for my daughter.. here is his chevelle and camper special he has. Better pictures coming View attachment 337225
    That story on the Nova reminds me of a customer of mine a long time ago. He owned an auto parts store and was a car nut. In 1969, he bought a Z28, took it home and immediately turned it into a drag car. It spent 25+ years in that configuration until he got tired of racing. He then tubbed it and turned it into a street machine. I guess today it would be called a "restomod".

That is a really nice Nova.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That story on the Nova reminds me of a customer of mine a long time ago. He owned an auto parts store and was a car nut. In 1969, he bought a Z28, took it home and immediately turned it into a drag car. It spent 25+ years in that configuration until he got tired of racing. He then tubbed it and turned it into a street machine. I guess today it would be called a "restomod".

That is a really nice Nova.
    Actually when it was tubbed and turned into a street machine that would be called a Pro Street car.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Right in the thick of this right now.
    First time I’ve ever done anything like this.

IMG_7338.jpeg
    IMG_7339.jpeg

Going to be a 4 door extended bed hardtop, from about 3 donor early 70’s FJ40’s plus a boughten tub.
    Cummins 6bt in a ford super duty frame with Dana 60 axles out of a ‘78 F250 that’s been on the farm since new.

Started 4 years ago or so, but hit lots of roadblocks trying to use the ‘78 frame and old tubs, and gave up. Back to it now. Made a lot of progress over the last month.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Right in the thick of this right now.
    First time I’ve ever done anything like this.

View attachment 337700
    View attachment 337701

Going to be a 4 door extended bed hardtop, from about 3 donor early 70’s FJ40’s plus a boughten tub.
    Cummins 6bt in a ford super duty frame with Dana 60 axles out of a ‘78 F250 that’s been on the farm since new.

Started 4 years ago or so, but hit lots of roadblocks trying to use the ‘78 frame and old tubs, and gave up. Back to it now. Made a lot of progress over the last month.
    I'm 6 years into my first build too (1980 CJ7) but I'm not doing anything as drastic as a 4 door conversion.
    My deuce & a half windshield is probably the most drastic mod on it.
    That thing looks wicked.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Any updates on your Jeep?
    Have bought a couple parts, but haven't been working on it. VFW been crazy, and It's either been cold or I've been riding my bike. Sold a bunch of guns (to buy jeep parts) and ended up buying a Harley... lol. Also had to change the plans after my service dog died. Was gonna have a custom dog box for the passenger seat for her. Picked up a set of seats from an Nissan Altima for it the other day. Haven't started re-doing mounts yet.

Top Bottom