• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Not to mention the gravity from the sun and the moon (and just about every other celestial body in some minute amount) influence our oceans. With both of them being lined up next month in the eclipse, it wouldn’t surprise me if parts of the ocean rise several inches during the event.
    1711084276151.jpeg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That has always cracked me up. Randomly place the football on the ground and measure its location with precision.
    Most likely the rules were developed by an economist or before the concept of synthetic accuracy had escaped the confines of engineering

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This is the kind of logic that pisses me off.
    The title of the article is

"Coastal US cities are sinking as sea levels continue to rise, new research shows"​

Then I read it and things like "San Francisco International Airport and other parts of the city on reclaimed land are sinking into the surrounding bay". So you are telling me building an airport on mostly sand pulled from the ocean bottom can mean it sinks. No ****?

It has already been proven over and over and over the sea is not really rising. What is happening is normal tectonic plate movement. Parts of the world are higher(by feet,in the case of the horn of Africa) than they where just 100 years ago, parts are lower as well. If you build on the ocean, on a subsiding plate...guess what? Eventually it will be underwater and the ocean itself does not need to be rising for it to happen!

Then this gem. "Several locations surveyed on the Gulf Coast show significant levels of sinking -- at rates that are equal to or greater than the current rate of global sea level rise, Ohenhen said." No ****? Tectonic plates can subside and some are, some are rising.

..but climate change, the ocean is going to flood cities ahhhh....alarmist bs.

San Francisco's early history is interesting when the city was expanding quickly during the gold rush. Property was in such demand that boats bringing prospectors were just filled in after being run aground. They were used as stores or hotels until they fell apart which by that time they were far inland of the shore, the city having filled around them. Not exactly a code job, makes you wonder how much of the city is essentially built on an uncompacted trash dump.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    American Trucking Associations said the new Phase 3 rule for heavy-duty trucks will create “unachievable targets and will carry real consequences for the U.S. supply chain and movement of freight throughout the economy.”
    None of these actions are within the powers reserved to the Federal government.

Let's restore compliance with the preamble to the BoRs, and the 9th and 10th amendments.

No EPA, no Dept of Ed, just gut the Federal bureaucracy, and restore the Republic.

Top Bottom