• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    One trick, I have learned, is to look around and consider things... you would have noticed all the Welcome posts are locked pretty soon, and the stickied intro thread talks a bit about it. That said, you'll learn much by lurking and getting the flow, learning personalities (since emotions don't convey well via text), and the like.

But, many of us jump the gun once in a while, or twice. Or three times.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    only 24 hours!!!! I don't check posts every day!!! You guys are limiting free speech.

OK new guy take note of what we are all saying here.
    This is a privately owned forum. You are allowed to come in here and play if you follow the rules.
    In a private forum there is no constitutional rights per-say. There are a set of rules set down by the owner and we Moderate as to those rules.
    For 40K members this has worked pretty well. Yes, I have heard it all. Free speech all the way down the list.

We close the intro threads so new and existing members "Move" on to the other areas of the forum. I already stated this before. Read and understand please.

You will need to get a little thicker skin. This is not a tough place but the humor can bite.

Take a breath and go look around. This is so much more than the Intro thread. So much more.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [h=2]Guideline for Welcoming New Members[/h]
    One of the best things about INGO is the friendliness of its members. Its always nice to see 20-30 posts welcoming members as they sign up on a daily basis.

Due to the nature of incoming members, the Introduction Forum has a certain "flow" that exists. Sometimes that flow gets interrupted and causes people to inadvertently re-welcome people they already welcomed 6 months ago.

In an effort to help keep things flowing smoothly, use this simple guideline when you decided to say "Hello!" to new members:

• Only welcome those members who have originally posted in the Introduction Forum in the past 24 hours. If their original post says "1 Day Ago" or longer, and you didn't welcome them yet, simply skip them and move on to those that have posted in the most recent 24 hour timespan.

This will keep older threads from being repeatedly bumped back up to the top, and allow people to quickly find those new members they haven't welcomed yet.

Also keep in mind that "newbies" (new members with fewer than the required 50 posts) may NOT welcome other members in an effort to reach their 50 post requirement.

Thanks!​

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some forums are no rules about classified, other have 10, or 25 but 50!!!! I can't type that much!!!

You keep referring to "Some" forums.

We are not "Some" forums.

We have a set of rules that work for us. Every one of the members have jumped these hurdles. Even me.

If you want to cruise the classifieds pony up the $20 and become a site supporter. We are a gun forum/community with a classified section as a perk for active members. This is not armslist or gunbroker.

Please stop comparing us to them. They are them and we are us. Us aint so bad.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    what am I being watched for??? Just speaking free that is all.

As said, "lighten up, Francis".....

I have been here since 2009, and have 10,000 posts .....

I don't type that much, either .....

Maybe 5-10 posts per day .....

Hang around, and get to know us .....

I have shot some pretty AWESOME guns, and met a LOT of good folks .....

It just takes a little time .....

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Whatever you do don't call CM names. After you've been here a while, old is OK, but no names.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Well if that's the rules, I got no choice. Of all of the forums I post on, this is the first one with that rule!!!
    Some forums are no rules about classified, other have 10, or 25 but 50!!!! I can't type that much!!!

You keep comparing INGO to other forums. INGO has something that other forums don't have, a large sense of community. Lots of people here know each other in real life. Some were friends outside the forum, others have met each other at the various meet & greets. INGO has gatherings, sometimes at the various ranges across the state, sometimes at restaurants & other places, sometimes at a members home. How many of those other forums have opened up their home and private land to host an NFA day?

INGO has had fund raising campaigns for other members in need. How many of your other forums have raised several thousand dollars for a member that needed something or had an emergency?

I don't care if you're interested in the classifieds or not, here is a thread you need to read. It explains quite a bit the personality of INGO. Yes, INGO has it's own personality compared to those other places. If you ARE here just for the classifieds then pony up the site supporter fee ($20) or make your 50 quality posts like the rest of us have done. It's not that hard to do. INGO isn't gunbroker, armslist, or any other kind of sales/trading site. The classifieds are a perk FOR CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS. That contribution comes from either the site supporter fee or interaction with the site. Questions & answers contribute to the knowledge base of the site.

Either way go here, read & learn about us.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/408311-info-new-guys-looking-ads-section.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...w-guys-looking-ads-section-3.html#post6415188

only 24 hours!!!! I don't check posts every day!!! You guys are limiting free speech.

You don't have to check posts daily. Do it whenever you can. INGO isn't about instant gratification. If you gotta have whatever shiny is catching your eye in the classifieds then become a site supporter.

As far as limiting free speech? :bs:

Somebody better watch this guy.

what am I being watched for??? Just speaking free that is all.

Did you really not notice the humor in the play on your username?

As others have said, lighten up, relax, enjoy your time here. Whatever you saw in the classifieds will probably be there tomorrow as well. If not then hang around until the next 'gotta have it' item shows up. If it's instant gratification you're after and don't care about the forum or members past that then we can help with that as well.
    ARMSLIST - Firearms Classifieds
    http://www.gunbroker.com/
    https://www.slickguns.com

Top Bottom