• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    There's quite a few people on here that would like to see it at 100 posts & 6 months. It hasn't been that bad recently, but there are several times a year when the runners come out of the woodwork and flood us with nothing but garbage so they can try and fleece the membership with overpriced .22's or things they spent too much on by panic buying. There are people that hit the classifieds as soon as they hit their 50 posts and haven't left there for YEARS. They do nothing and contribute nothing back to the forum, yet they have no problem using the resources of the site for free.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There's quite a few people on here that would like to see it at [STRIKE]100[/STRIKE] 200 posts & 6 months.

It hasn't been that bad recently, but there are several times a year when the runners come out of the woodwork and flood us with nothing but garbage so they can try and fleece the membership with overpriced .22's or things they spent too much on by panic buying. There are people that hit the classifieds as soon as they hit their 50 posts and haven't left there for YEARS. They do nothing and contribute nothing back to the forum, yet they have no problem using the resources of the site for free.

FIFY.

No more runners or reason to waste anyone's time policing/arguing/discussing such.

Icing on the cake is that our once friendly trustworthy safe place to swap might eventually get back to that place. As opposed to names no one recognizes, bumping adds to the top daily for months on end, hoping for a sucker that they often eventually find.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    This has been discussed how many times? If the owner wanted to change the rules he would. Isn't griping about why it's only a 50 post count a different branch on the same tree of a noob griping about having to post 50? Yeah I know it's fun to tweak the nose of the noob ...

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    This has been discussed how many times? If the owner wanted to change the rules he would. Isn't griping about why it's only a 50 post count a different branch on the same tree of a noob griping about having to post 50? Yeah I know it's fun to tweak the nose of the noob ...

Ok..... I'm just trying to follow along here. Did you just complain about people complaining? :):

How many rows deep are we in the complaining field?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I try to limit my classifieds requirement suggestion to once a year. :dunno:
    Admin eventually seen the light on the picture requirement and gave in. One could argue that was a serious improvement in the classifieds after years and years of "no pics."

New owner this year, never know?
    :popcorn:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I try to limit my classifieds requirement suggestion to once a year. :dunno:
    Admin eventually seen the light on the picture requirement and gave in. One could argue that was a serious improvement in the classifieds after years and years of "no pics."

New owner this year, never know?
    :popcorn:

Fellas,
    The lions share of the work put on the staff is generated from 2 areas.
    Guess which 2.
    I am not sure what the new ownership will do but for now it looks like business as usual.
    It made me sad when the carpet baggers swarmed in here after Sandy Hook. That was when I noticed the big change in the classy's and the forum in general.
    Hard to keep things the same in an ever changing world.
    I still see the deals come through. You just have to be right there when they do.

Not been any discussion on changing much of anything at this time.

Top Bottom