• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    I don't want one of those, I want one sitting in a big vault in Anniston, Alabama. I've worked a long time to be able to spend a Grand on a 75 year old gun I haven't seen. Like I said, it's the thrill of the chase.

That's my favorite line right there. And something I too hope that someday I can achieve.

By then the market will be back to flooded with M1 Garands too!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    I received my number this morining. 9244. They also said they ran out of 1911's.
    At this time, we do not have enough 1911 type pistols to complete your order. Should the Army send us another shipment of sufficient quantity, we will use those 1911 type pistols to fill the next orders in line. Please do not contact us or reply to this email at this time.

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    I received my number this morining. 9244. They also said they ran out of 1911's.

Sorry to hear that, but they started the RNG at 1000. you have to assume that some people rejected the call (something came up and couldn't part with the $1k), holding off on auction piece, or just missed the call/email. There are also going to be some that get a reject either due to improper packet or NICS.

so there may still be hope.

"perpetual optimism is a force multiplier" -Gen. Colin Powell

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    IIRC there are only 39 auction grade 1911s from this batch. I'm still waiting for my number, hey somebody has to be last.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    Got another email this morning from them with my number and reiterating that there are no more available and until/unless the Army releases more we'll all be waiting patiently. I thought that the Army agreed to send 8k-10k a year and this is the final year for that. Hopefully you guys get your numbers soon and start setting money aside so you're ready for that surprise $1k bill.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So when I first heard about the program I stated that many would be reselling them.

Looks like its a epidemic !

[h=3]IT HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION THAT SOME CUSTOMERS ARE RECEIVING THEIR 1911 AND POSTING ON GUN BROKER AND OTHER SUCH SITES FOR RESALE. THIS WAS NOT THE INTENTION OF THE PROGRAM. IF YOU ARE FOUND TO BE RESELLING THESE PISTOLS YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM PURCHASING FROM THE CMP FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD. WE ARE AWARE OF THE ISSUE AND WE WILL HANDLE, PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS CONCERNING THE SITUATION. THANK YOU![/h]
    Get this crap they are selling for like $1800-$2000 wow!

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Holy Thread resurrection, Batman!

A USGI 1911 has been a glaring hole in my WWII collection for a very long time. So, I thought I'd give it a try. Last September, I submitted my packet of paperwork during the window allowed by the CMP in September of 2018. There was much angst and teeth gnashing by a lot of folks; but, I found the process no more complicated than combining the CMP rifle requirements and the requirements to purchase a pistol off of Gunbroker.

In February, I was informed that my assigned random number was 6957 of 19,000 which put me toward the end; but, I was relatively assured that I would get one eventually.

I was contacted July 18th that it was my turn, informed that the only choice available was Service Grade, I provided my CC# and verified my FFL for shipping/transfer.

On August 12th, I got shipping confirmation from the CMP. I picked up my M1911 on August 13th.
    H27LIoT.jpg

It came in a really nice TSA approved case. Included was a magazine, a copy of the USGI Manual and a CMP Certificate of Authenticity.
    rcxhAwg.jpg

It is the earlier(pre 1924) Colt manufactured M1911 with a Colt made replacement slide and a High Standard replacement barrel. The replacement slides are known as "hard slides". The original 1911 slides were only hardened in certain spots. By the end of WWII, the older pistols were showing a lot of wear. The Army ordered these completely hardened slides to bring the older pistols back into spec. After all, some of these pistols had seen 2 World Wars by the 1950s.
    3nrB7H7.jpg

TP1mdUD.jpg

You can still see the original inspection stamp of Gilbert H. Stewart found on Colt M1911s SN 101,500 to 230,000, M1907, M1917, M1903, and M1 rifles at different periods can be seen on the left side.
    E4GOpdd.jpg

At some point, the pistol was at Rock Island Arsenal indicated by the initials found on the receivers of guns rebuilt or inspected at the arsenal.
    BFB4dIl.jpg

I'll have to admit I was a little disappointed at first. My collection focuses on WWII and I was hoping for a WWII made pistol. But, I did some research and found that my pistol was made in 1917.
    esdUhqh.jpg

Can you imagine what this 102 year old gal has seen or where she has been? She will be displayed proudly with her peers an Eddystone US Model of 1917 and a Colt US Army Model of 1917 as a tribute to my Grandpa Stephens and all the veterans of The Great War.
    V3FXWFg.jpg

0aDg3uK.jpg

I took her to the range and put a few rounds through her. She performed flawlessly and is actually tighter than most USGI that I have inspected.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Sweet. So you were looking for a WWII pistol and instead got what could be a WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam pistol! Oh yeah, and the cold war and Grenada and Panama...could have been lots of interesting places. Nice.

Top Bottom