• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Sweet. So you were looking for a WWII pistol and instead got what could be a WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam pistol! Oh yeah, and the cold war and Grenada and Panama...could have been lots of interesting places. Nice.

Yeah, pretty much ^^^^ this...

I've been a supporter of the CMP for quite a while. What's not to like? Buy a piece of history, at a fair price and your proceeds go toward firearms safety, training and competition being encouraged to the civilian population.

There was a lot of angst over how they handled the whole process. It was completely unwarranted as the first release of the first 8,000 M1911s and M1911A1s deemed obsolete, was run with the efficiency of a machine.

Major KUDOs for the hardworking folks of the Civilian Marksmanship Program! They knocked it out of the park.

And don't forget, they are still working those 80 some thousand, Philippine return M1 Garands. You can have a nice piece of 'The Greatest Generation' delivered to your door for 650 to 750 bucks provided that you meet a handful of requirements.

P.S. Not a paid spokesman, just a happy customer!

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    I agree with the above. Having been blessed to receive an M1 and 1911A1 from CMP I can only be greatful. Their main purpose is to advocate and advance the firearms and marksmanship commilunity. The history and the idea of what these rifles and pistols have been through is amazing to me. Taking them to the range is simply described as ‘poetry in motion’. The CMP has been and will always be a diamond in the rough that when abused (as people attempt) will see dismantling. However; if you want to get a great rifle to shoot, a chance to own some American history and an heirloom for your kids kids to enjoy...they are the place.
    From what I see on many sites the collectors and flippers are moving away from CMP. That only leaves the true shooters and believers to savor the flavor now.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    Got the call yesterday, 9244 is my number. Was offered only Field Grade. Credit card hit today. Usually shipped same day so by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest I should have my CMP 1911!

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    Picked up a nice 1943 Remington Rand lower that doesn't have any rebuild markings on it. The barrel and slide are from the 80's. Looks like the slide has numbers that would put it at 1984 from MILO COMPONENTS INC in 1984 based on CAGE info. The barrel has some more contract numbers on it and an '85' so I'm guessing 1985. Magazine was a boring Mec-gar.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Picked up a nice 1943 Remington Rand lower that doesn't have any rebuild markings on it. The barrel and slide are from the 80's. Looks like the slide has numbers that would put it at 1984 from MILO COMPONENTS INC in 1984 based on CAGE info. The barrel has some more contract numbers on it and an '85' so I'm guessing 1985. Magazine was a boring Mec-gar.

I'm 15,769 and envious.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    STOP THE PRESSES!!! Not sure what happened, but folks with low 15K numbers got calls last week. Hopefully I'll hear something (I'm 15,769) in the next month.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Man I wish I could get one. But the price is just not right
    It's the thrill of the chase! It's also the history. When I picked up the Model 1917 .45 revolver at an auction last year and researched the armorers markings and realized what I had I was kind of hooked.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Got it today after a nearly 2 year wait. Service grade, Remington Rand frame with an Ithaca slide.

oeDZbE5.jpg

Top Bottom