Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sweet!

It appears to me that the 1911’s being released were sent though refurbishment before storage.

It went through the Anniston Army Depot in Sept 1980. It's last 40 years (1980 was 40 years ago, it is hard for me to grasp that fact) were a lot less eventful than it's first 35. It left the factory Jan 45.

wwG8H47.jpg

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    KellyinAvon,
    congrats. You’ve been a long time waiting.
    Did it come that dark or is that after oil? Mine was battleship gray almost. Been working oil into since day one.

I also sent in a FOIA request. After 4 months got my response. It was not as full as expected, but still great. Apparently mine was a ghost for half it’s life.

Again congratulations,... treasure it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon,
    congrats. YouÂ’ve been a long time waiting.
    Did it come that dark or is that after oil? Mine was battleship gray almost. Been working oil into since day one.

I also sent in a FOIA request. After 4 months got my response. It was not as full as expected, but still great. Apparently mine was a ghost for half itÂ’s life.

Again congratulations,... treasure it.
    Sorry for the late response 99. It was grey out of the box, the oil made it darker. It did make one trip to the range, ran flawlessly with Federal 230 grain FMJ. It was then disassembled, cleaned, lubed, reassembled, and put in the safe.

FOIA: A guy on the CMP forum (WAY over-moderated, but that's another thread) had a FOIA request come back from the Navy. It was a straight copy/paste from Navy Equipment information from the 70s-80s. I was able to translate a lot of it (I'm an old USAF Supply man from back in the day, I also speak Navy) so if your FOIA info contains things like NSN or DOLT post it here and I'll give it a shot.

Also from the WAY over-moderated CMP forum: they ran out of Service Grade between random numbers 16,824 and 16,832. Field and Rack Grades still available.

Top Bottom