• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So your argument is that if a group of people endure horrific injustices, but wind up better off than their ancestors, then they should just STFU?

Oh please, let that be your argument! :):

The vast majority of aboriginal Americans living on reservations are in no way better off than their ancestors.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    TB was nearly wiped out in America, but is on the rise.

Interestingly enough, at least in the United States, Asians/Pacific Islanders have a rate of 18 -13.9 cases per 100K, which is multiple times higher than other groups. But 142 has an agenda he's trying to play up, so we'll let him go with it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My only interaction with this group was in the Army. My Infantry platoon was the most mixed bag of humanity I've ever experienced. We has 3 men Barry Yahola, Hopi, Harold Valley, unknown plains tribe, and one whose name I cannot remember, Navajo. They all grew up on reservations and I assume they returned after service, but I am uncertain.

They were all good soldiers and brothers in arms. My statement is more from reading than personal experience.

Native American Living Conditions on Reservations - Native American Aid
    3 Insane Realities Of Life On A Modern Indian Reservation
    Photos: Here's what life is like on an Indian reservation

A statement was of the benefits enjoyed by Natives and I was addressing that not whether they could leave or not.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Did their ancestors get a raw deal? No doubt.

However, Native Americans, like anyone else, can make the decision to stay where they are where opportunity is slim, or leave and make a life for themselves. I have no doubt conditions are abismal. That sounds like a good reason to try something different.

...or stay on the slow drip of Uncle Sam's addictive "largess".

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Objectivity is not to be expected in our current atmosphere.

I attempt to surprise and perplex by being occasionally objective.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Funny, I haven’t seen anyone saying these countries aren’t ****holes, just that they are mad Trump said so? Hmm, a politician telling the truth?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Funny, I haven’t seen anyone saying these countries aren’t ****holes, just that they are mad Trump said so? Hmm, a politician telling the truth?

It was defined in post #11. Then in post #16 I stated that it's now a crime to call a place by it's definition. If the shoe fits.....now, I'm not insinuating I'm a Trump fan but I do like that our current president isn't afraid to say what he thinks when it's actually the truth. I'm almost certain Trump isn't a saint either. If these countries are pretty decent places to begin with then why are people trying to leave them. Like Jim Gaffigan says in his camping skit, "if it's so great outside then why are all the bugs trying to get in my house"

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It was defined in post #11. Then in post #16 I stated that it's now a crime to call a place by it's definition. If the shoe fits.....now, I'm not insinuating I'm a Trump fan but I do like that our current president isn't afraid to say what he thinks when it's actually the truth. I'm almost certain Trump isn't a saint either. If these countries are pretty decent places to begin with then why are people trying to leave them. Like Jim Gaffigan says in his camping skit, "if it's so great outside then why are all the bugs trying to get in my house"
    Again, no one disagrees with what was said, just who said it! Having been to Haiti, it is the epitome of ****hole. Cross the island and enter the D.R., night and day different (but still a ****hole in places).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Do you like that the president has a habit of saying things that aren't the truth?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Trump: Hey Vladimir, I bet you I can make CNN say sh**hole at least 100 times by the end of the week.
    Putin: No way President Trump, no way in hell.
    Trump: Ok, so how about we bet five bucks?

Top Bottom