• ...and so much more!
  • epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I agree with everything you said, esp. re: Czech beers. I generally don't drink anything from a green bottle (Molson, Urquel, Heineken). Give me a Bud longneck over any of those.

But, what do I know? I've been drinking. :D

Hmmm. Never put the green bottle connection together. I like Heineken ONLY when it is ice cold. When it warms up, for some reason it tastes like ham (I said ham, not bacon ;) ). I have had more than one bar tender agree with me on that.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Try Target I ordered mine when we got it a few years back.
    french press : Target Search Results
    They have a variety.
    I saw that...
    Sadly, Target is not 4.1 miles from my front door and opened 24/7.
    No matter. The spousal unit works with a coffee snob who sells them. I'll have one by the end of the week.
    There was a long discussion about this person, his daily use of a press, his making some for a taste test (I believe the phrase was "Oh.My.GOD, it was good."), and the fact that it was never brought up until I mentioned the stuff I read in this thread. Somebody owes me big.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Starbucks has some different presses. A while back I boght a french press travel mug from there. It is great, add hot water and grounds let it steep for 2 min, slowly press the plunger down and drink. Its nice, one container that wont spill and fits in the cupholder.

I will begin bidding at.....one completed AR-15:rockwoot::rockwoot:j/k

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    I saw that...
    Sadly, Target is not 4.1 miles from my front door and opened 24/7.
    No matter. The spousal unit works with a coffee snob who sells them. I'll have one by the end of the week.
    There was a long discussion about this person, his daily use of a press, his making some for a taste test (I believe the phrase was "Oh.My.GOD, it was good."), and the fact that it was never brought up until I mentioned the stuff I read in this thread. Somebody owes me big.
    So did you get one? Did you like it? :yesway: :noway:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Although I'm getting really jealous...I rep'd you for checking back on me!! :D

I say go for the alien coffee press. That's too cool. If I treated coffee paraphernalia like I do guns, I'd go out and buy it, even though I already have a perfectly good one. Hmmm... maybe one for the office.... :D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I say go for the alien coffee press. That's too cool. If I treated coffee paraphernalia like I do guns, I'd go out and buy it, even though I already have a perfectly good one. Hmmm... maybe one for the office.... :D
    It's tempting, but I'm too impatient for the wait from the UK! :):

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have yet to try Sumatra beans in it, but those are what I prefer in other stuff. I only ever use filtered R.O. water... </snobbery> :D

Top Bottom