Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We've come a fair distance, in the "good" direction, since King Jr. But obviously not so far that those who traditionally have been excluded from racism and lynchings think its humorous to make fun of those institutions and practices.

...but I guess as long as they have a "friend," that is a person of color, they think its ok.

I think a society that has moved past racism can joke about racism. Maybe we have a ways to go for the ideologically sensitive people to catch up to that, especially given the regression we’ve experienced from the SJW types. For example, I watched the pug hitler video for the first time the other day, just to see what exactly count dancula was convicted for, and it was funny. It wasn’t malicious. There’s nothing racist about poking fun at racists. It’s actually evidence of the acceptance of the idea that race isn’t useful for judging the value of people.

C’mon man. Catch up with progress. Laugh at those outdated concepts with us. Your value and my value as humans, is not determined by DNA. If you believe in god and creation in the Christian sense, then you believe we were created equally. If you believe we evoleved there’s no evidence that we evolved unequally such that the dna differences between liniages makes one more valuable than another. There’s no reason to think DNA should make any difference in value either way.

Now, if the few idiots left on the planet who think dna determines one’s place in a hierarchy of human value, and joke in a malicious or contemptuous way, that’s another thing altogether. But you’d be hard pressed to find anything malicious or contemptuous about anything said which you were commenting about.

If you find it offensive and you can’t pinpoint the contempt or malice perhaps the ones joking are not the ones who haven’t moved past race. And if that’s true, I suppose we could just wait for the offended people, who cling to their dna being maligned by outdated thinking, to catch up. But I’m suspicious that it may be the regressive SJW view of determining what is offensive. I’m not patient enough to give that view much respect, because it is a purely ideological construct.

Make a logical argument that any of this is untrue, and I’m willing to reconsider some or all of it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That cop in IL tried a couple of years ago.
    I hadn’t heard about that so I ddg’d it. The article I read said that he died from a self inflicted gunshot wound to the chest. First shot—I assume it was the first shot if he did it himself, hit his vest. Ouch! :n00b: that’s determination. Second shot was fatal.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes.

People have short memories

+1
    Despite the idiots at the NFL re-igniting this controversy, and the certainty of the President stoking the fire by put out a tweet related to it, people will, regardless of their stances keep watching, or return to watching. I never stopped, and will continue to do so. But I expect now we'll see the other side try to boycott.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Too late, and for all the wrong reasons.

What will it be next? Left hand over heart? Middle finger extended? Turning their head away from the flag? Looking at the ground? I am sure, there will be other exhibits of disrespect.

The fine itself? Ridiculous. Let's make it truly clear. One infraction of disrespect, a fine. Second, suspension. Third, contract cancellation. Put it in the contract on all new contracts and as an addendum in current contracts. Have an open description of "exhibiting disrespect". It is truly sad that we have to force the NFL to create a policy to prohibit disrespect to the flag. Why hire these bulbs anyway?

That would mean more to everyone and possible show the public (the ones who pay the salaries) that the NFL truly supports the USA andeans it.

I will not watch any more than I have (last year - 2 games)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    +1
    Despite the idiots at the NFL re-igniting this controversy, and the certainty of the President stoking the fire by put out a tweet related to it, people will, regardless of their stances keep watching, or return to watching. I never stopped, and will continue to do so. But I expect now we'll see the other side try to boycott.

Admittedly, I didn't watch nearly as many games as I typically do. But it had much less to do with the kneeling and way more to do with the generally bad play. I watched enough truly pathetic enough performances that I just had better things to do with my time. The side show didn't help my sporting mood any either.

The NFL is on probation. Pick up the level of play, try to avoid the political nonsense, and I'll watch the games. And please retire Bob Costas. He has nothing valuable to add.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe Kanye's recent stance will convince some players that love for America is better than hate? At least for their wallets anyway?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom