• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Do you honestly believe they hate America, in it's entirety, or would you say that they hate certain things that go on "in" America, and chose a ill-advised method of illustrating that?

Gee, IDK. If I disrespected the flag of the Viet Cong, would you assume I only hate certain aspects of things that went on "in" that entity or would you assume that I despised the entity in its entirety? I think you a make distinction for which there is scant evidence

But as a PONC (person of non-color), obviously I'm part of the problem

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have said before, I think they should have a special SJW cause each week where part of the proceeds go to support that cause, sanctuary programs, LGBTQ, abortion rights, gun control, etc.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I believe Kut is right here; protesting whatever they were protesting shows disrespect for the flag and the anthem, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they hate America in its entirety. Again, we should avoid drawing broad conclusions, in most cases.

[You mean broad conclusions like America is racist?]

Also, my liberal friends on Facebook are screaming about how "totalitarian" and "fascist" the NFL's new policy is, forcing these poor minions to either stand or go off the field. They lost sight that each player has a constitutional right to protest all they want, but they do NOT have a constitutional right to be an NFL player. The Constitution is a limit on government. Remember, these individuals are entertainers, privately employed by private companies.

As for civil rights laws, I don't believe that "football players talented enough to play for the NFL" has become a protected class. At least not yet. ;)

Unless you count limousine liberals protesting from behind the security cordon of an NFL event and the well-oiled labors of publicists, all the while living in well heeled luxury through the agency of the hand they are biting to be a protected class

Keeping it real

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Intellectually dishonest post, is dishonest.
    Well, I suppose if you miss the point, I could see why you would think so.

Why did he wear a Che shirt? Does he want the freedom from oppression most Americans want? Or does he want to flip the oppression he perceives exists in America. What outcome does Che represent? Hmm? Sometimes a tee shirt is just a tee shirt. But dayam, you dress up FOR A NEWS CONFERENCE and you choose an oppressor of people to wear on your chest while complaining about oppression? WTF kind of message is that?

I did not say Kaepernick hates America. I don’t think he does. I think he has a confused way of expressing himsel because of bad influences he has in his life. I’ve said alll along that I think he was *****-whipped by his ****ing lunatic girlfriend. Protesting against oppression to the extent that it exists, is fine and even noble, per se. But he’s only dividing people by turning what shouldn’t be political, into something political. But now I’m just repeating the samenthings I said dozens of pages ago.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, I suppose if you miss the point, I could see why you would think so.

Why did he wear a Che shirt? Does he want the freedom from oppression most Americans want? Or does he want to flip the oppression he perceives exists in America. What outcome does Che represent? Hmm? Sometimes a tee shirt is just a tee shirt. But dayam, you dress up FOR A NEWS CONFERENCE and you choose an oppressor of people to wear on your chest while complaining about oppression? WTF kind of message is that?

I did not say Kaepernick hates America. I don’t think he does. I think he has a confused way of expressing himsel because of bad influences he has in his life. I’ve said alll along that I think he was *****-whipped by his ****ing lunatic girlfriend. Protesting against oppression to the extent that it exists, is fine and even noble, per se. But he’s only dividing people by turning what shouldn’t be political, into something political. But now I’m just repeating the samenthings I said dozens of pages ago.

The protests have gone well beyond Kaepernick. This thread was revived based on the NFLs ruling on all players that kneel. It appears that you are trying to project Kaepernick wearing a Malcom X/Castro shirt (not Che), as to being illustrative of all the players in the NFL that kneel.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I'm not sure they could be considered cowards. They've stirred up a lot of people.
    I would never say they are cowards.I would say they have underestimated the consumers tolerance for ignorant bullship.I was referring to chicken wing backing up in stores from not being eaten as much on game days.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The protests have gone well beyond Kaepernick. This thread was revived based on the NFLs ruling on all players that kneel. It appears that you are trying to project Kaepernick wearing a Malcom X/Castro shirt (not Che), as to being illustrative of all the players in the NFL that kneel.
    The protests are all about Kaepernick’s activism. Of course it’s his gig. I’m not saying everyone has the same motivation as him. And I was pretty sure it was a Che shirt and Malcom X hat. But dang man. You’re quibbling over which oppressor he wore on his chest? Does it matter? Che or Castro? With an X to top it off? Nothing says you want to end oppression like wearing the people who only wanted to flip who was oppressed.

You think I’m being intellectually dishonest. I see a guy picking what most Americans identify as an American tradition, and using that as a wedge to divide people. You can say I’m wrong. But what happened? Did it divide people? Was it predictable? What I said would happen happened. And I’m not going to insist that Kaepernick knew that would be the result, that he planned it to divide people. Nah. He’s the useful idiot.

The NFL just wants to get the political bull****—ant least this political bull****—out of the games. And they’re right to do it. And honestly, I hope if Kaep has any play left in him, I hope someone picks him up. And I hope he dumps that crazy ***** girlfriend. And I also hope he chooses a way to encourage racial equality that’s actually effective, that doesn’t alienate and drive away so many of the people on the other side of this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would never say they are cowards.I would say they have underestimated the consumers tolerance for ignorant bullship.I was referring to chicken wing backing up in stores from not being eaten as much on game days.

Well. Kut does tend to infer things not said.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, you are wrong. And you're understanding of Malcom X appears to be limited. Further I disagree that these protests are "ALL about Kaepernick's activism." He did start the practice, but players did not continue to kneel because of him. He's not some sort of pied piper that people are blindly following without understanding the issues. There may be some, but certainly not all. I understand that there are those that just want to see him tap dance and show his teeth, but he ain't Kanye. But I get it Darkies need to stay in their place.

Kut (wonders if he'll see the double standard applied)
    I’m not making that much of Malcom X, though I think near the end he seemed at least sympathetic to Marxism. But seriously, why would someone choose to wear an oppressor to speak at a news conference where he plans to speak against oppression? Do you not see how that might be divisive?

After Kaep left the NFL what reason donthe other people have to choose THAT method of protest? Seeing the divisive effect it had, why continue to do it if the goal is to end oppression in a more united way? Is unity even a goal? Or is the goal division? Flipping the oppression? The people leading the charge from the left seem to act like that’s the goal.

ETA. For the last part, if you think that’s what I’m about, I think you think I think things I don’t think. You’re imagining straw racists.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm not sure they could be considered cowards. They've stirred up a lot of people.
    They're cowards because they are hiding behind for protection the same cops they are lying about and disrespecting and trashing. Also veterans and active duty too. Also, if America is so racist and your country sucks so bad then turn in your welfare checks and jobs that you got just for being a minority. The illegal Mexicans (and other nationalities) are swimming and hiking and jogging, climbing, tunneling, and hiding in trucks and boats to get here because it's so good.
    Full of crap Cowards

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well the idiots at the NFL should've expected this:
    The Jets are not standing with the NFL in regard to standing for the national anthem.
    After the league announced a rule change Wednesday — saying players must either stand for the anthem or stay in the locker room while it is being played — Jets Chairman and CEO Christopher Johnson said the team would support players who might choose to kneel anyway, and not issue any team fines.
    https://nypost.com/2018/05/23/jets-..._medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_2932789

It's poetic that the Jets are my favorite NFL team. Don't believe me? Post #667 in this very same thread.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Well the idiots at the NFL should've expected this:

https://nypost.com/2018/05/23/jets-..._medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_2932789

It's poetic that the Jets are my favorite NFL team. Don't believe me? Post #667 in this very same thread.

I must admit, the Jets can sure Dance....

UkakhXc.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Didn't they say the owners unanimously approved the new rules?

And why do you hate America?

As I said before, that as long as people misrepresent the reason why they players are kneeling, I will support their protest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom