• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    He is exercising his Right to speech in a manner that suits him. In typical INGO fashion the people have come out of the woodwork to speak out against his Right. Freedom of speech is only correct when it's the type of speech in a the accepted manner, to some people. Sorry it doesn't work that way. But I respect your Right to speak against his Rights, even when you're wrong.

Kravitz lays it out and he says it pretty well.

KRAVITZ: If Kaepernick wants to sit during the National Anthem, that's his right - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

You're reaching too far to find grievance. Show me where anyone here has said he has no right to do what he did.

Last edited:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I always get a kick out of folks who get a weekly paycheck that's more than many people will earning in an entire lifetime, whining about how unfair the American system can be.....

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I find myself wondering why people continue to patronize 'entertainment' and sports, when those two industries produce an exceptional percentage of dim-witted millionaires, who would have to get a real job but for the generosity of we plebians... :bs:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Nice to see that the 49'ers and the NFL actually have his back. Nice to see an employer supporting freedom of speech, for once. Even if the nationalists are losing their collectivist ****.

For the first time in his life, MrJ. is finally proud of the NFL!

...but seriously, the Constitutionally-protected statements expressed by the player in this case are just a more brazen version of the sentiment that Michelle Obama doubled-down on after her husband rose to power. I was told right here by an INGO Moderator it was no big deal. So this is where we are, folks. People do not even feel the need to express respect for the flag, national anthem, etc. anymore.

Keep pumpin' that fist in the air, folks. Show those mindless, privileged Republican nationalists how you reject their system! It's all about you, Snowflake.

Ye reap what ye sow.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    He is exercising his Right to speech in a manner that suits him. In typical INGO fashion the people have come out of the woodwork to speak out against his Right. Freedom of speech is only correct when it's the type of speech in a the accepted manner, to some people. Sorry it doesn't work that way. But I respect your Right to speak against his Rights, even when you're wrong.

Kravitz lays it out and he says it pretty well.

KRAVITZ: If Kaepernick wants to sit during the National Anthem, that's his right - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Nope, we are mostly just agreeing that he's a douchebag!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The NFL has said they "encourage" players to stand during the National Anthem but do not require it. No doubt Kaepernick has a very lucrative contract which will cause issues if the 49s try to dump him, which is unlikely to happen for this alone, but they are in no way required to put him on the field. If he wants to sit down during the National Anthem, let him sit down during the game, too.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    On 21 May 2007, KellyinAvon, SMSgt, USAF stood in the shade of the F-86 Sabre at Memorial Park, Langley AFB, Va at 1700 (that's 5pm ya''ll) when Retreat and the National Anthem played. The following day was my retirement ceremony and I knew this would be the last time I would be on base, in uniform and outdoors at 1700. Parade rest for Retreat, Present Arms at the drum roll prior to first note, Order Arms after the last note.

I mention this because when I say **** Colin Kaepernick and the horse he rode in on it is from the heart. He has the 1st amendment right to be a bag of dog ****, I have the 1st amendment right to point out he's a bag of dog ****. That is all.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'll be continuing my boycott of the nfl.
    That said I don't understand the outrage. As if majority of people who stand during the anthem have any idea why they're doing it. He's at least thought about it, more than the majority of people do.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The NFL has said they "encourage" players to stand during the National Anthem but do not require it. No doubt Kaepernick has a very lucrative contract which will cause issues if the 49s try to dump him, which is unlikely to happen for this alone, but they are in no way required to put him on the field. If he wants to sit down during the National Anthem, let him sit down during the game, too.

So don't put your best players (if he still is one) on the field because an ideological issue? Lol, you do know we're talking about the NFL, right?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Typical ungrateful bastard.
    One can only wonder how much freedom he would have to express similar disrespect in one of the legion of middle eastern hellholes.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Welp, he was obviously successful in getting the attention he wanted.

Long before this, he was well known for being an attention whore, so yeah.
    Too bad he can't be like a football player who is actually likeable, namely Richard Sherman, let alone nearly as smart.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Long before this, he was well known for being an attention whore, so yeah.
    Too bad he can't be like a football player who is actually likeable, namely Richard Sherman, let alone nearly as smart.

Uhhh.... ole Colin, in actually really smart 4.0 (4.3 weighted) in HS, graduated college with degree in business.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom