GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'll be continuing my boycott of the nfl.

While I don't have a "full-on" boycott of the NFL, probably about the time when they started lecturing to us about global warming, advocating for various SJW causes, bemoaning guns, you know...stuff not related to football, my appetite for their product has subsided considerably. I'll still watch many of the Colts games and the occasional rivalry games but I never watch their pre or post game shows or most other coverage; I seldomly watch a run of the mill game anymore. They've identified who their target market it and it's not me.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    While I don't have a "full-on" boycott of the NFL, probably about the time when they started lecturing to us about global warming, advocating for various SJW causes, bemoaning guns, you know...stuff not related to football, my appetite for their product has subsided considerably. I'll still watch many of the Colts games and the occasional rivalry games but I never watch their pre or post game shows or most other coverage; I seldomly watch a run of the mill game anymore. They've identified who their target market it and it's not me.
    You know Costas?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    So don't put your best players (if he still is one) on the field because an ideological issue? Lol, you do know we're talking about the NFL, right?
    The NFL that has made a bad habit of taking sides on political issues? That NFL?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The NFL that has made a bad habit of taking sides on political issues? That NFL?

I don't think that the NFL takes the side of anyone but "Mr Greenbacks," and "Mr. Clams." If 75% of NFL audiences wanted a Nazi Germany night, the NFL would pass out armbands and the cheerleaders would be goosestepping at halftime.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Its bad enough the DoD has to pay them money to be patriotic and send soldiers to games. but just for once can we not leave the flag, the anthem, or basic patriotism floating the breeze. Especially when it to support a group that flutters on the fringes of violence

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Its bad enough the DoD has to pay them money to be patriotic and send soldiers to games. but just for once can we not leave the flag, the anthem, or basic patriotism floating the breeze. Especially when it to support a group that flutters on the fringes of violence

DoD pays them?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    DoD pays them?

Yeah. those big displays at the beginning of games? I think everyone, like me, thought that the NFL had invited the military to put on those displays, and that the NFL paid for it. Nope, it was all a scheme of Obama's DoD, trying to get people more patriotic. Ole Barry's a sly one ain't he... all funding patriotic stuff, while hating America *apply purple where you think it applies, lol.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's still a free country so he's entitled to his opinion. I'm sure that because of his strong feeling on those subjects that he will be donating large portions of his sizable income to those causes.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I don't think that the NFL takes the side of anyone but "Mr Greenbacks," and "Mr. Clams." If 75% of NFL audiences wanted a Nazi Germany night, the NFL would pass out armbands and the cheerleaders would be goosestepping at halftime.
    Didn't say their political affiliations didn't fall in line with that of the money. Happens to be the best thing for the bottom line is to support global warming, well the NFL issues a statement. They recently took a position on gun violence too, and I'm sure the bean counters ruled that was the best course of action for the pocketbook.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's still a free country so he's entitled to his opinion. I'm sure that because of his strong feeling on those subjects that he will be donating large portions of his sizable income to those causes.

Maybe...maybe...but he's donating his considerable celebrity to bring attention to this little known cause and that's worth much more than money.

:)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Maybe...maybe...but he's donating his considerable celebrity to bring attention to this little known cause and that's worth much more than money.

:)

I have to confess that I had no idea who he was until reading this post, so celebrity only goes so far.;)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    **** Colon, and the NFL! Only place to find a bigger bunch of worthless thieves, murderers, rapists, wife beaters, drug abusers, and general useless ****ing thugs, is prison!

ETA: I know his name is Colin.

"Username"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2016
    Everywhere, so far.
    I do not know this individual who is paid millions of dollars by the non profit organization just because he can apparently throw a piece of air filled leather in a game that means little.

However, some would suggest that playing the national anthem before meaningless events is a cheapening of its meaning.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    What if I told you patriotic fervor was a tool of the state?

That you're only mad because they've told you to be mad. That 'murica - even if it is the greatest country ever - wasn't really 'murica until about a hundred years ago and all this nationalism was only pushed to make you easier to control?

You're mad at a dude you don't know because he sat down for a little while. "Well, it's the principle of it, slim. How dare you not jump up and wave the flag for 'murica. What are you, a communist? This dude was disrespectful and he needs to pay. 'MURICA!!!!"

...and you wonder why the NFL is a non-profit org.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    He is free to express his opinion as he wishes. They same as we are free to organize boycotts of every organization and business that supports him. :patriot:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Uhhh.... ole Colin, in actually really smart 4.0 (4.3 weighted) in HS, graduated college with degree in business.

Except that his actions belie all that education.
    Sherman actually demonstrates a level of intelligence well above his already well known (Stanford graduate) academic accomplishments.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom